Television TV Show Thread

Another Life is garbage. Wanted to like it but dropped it after the first episode.
That's sucks to hear. I was looking forward to checking it out sometime this week. I'm always looking for new sci-fi shows to watch.

Just finished Legion episode 6 season 3.

images

After disappointment from season 2, as intended by director Noah Wiley their writers, This season has been a delight.

Feels like a modern Gnostic Allegory, dug up from the Nag Hammadi in full bloom.

Happy so far with this season.
Direct and unmistakeable so far in the direction.
Hope this ends well.

Last edited:
Showtime's HALO Live-Action Series Adds Natasha McElhone, Bokeem Woodbine and More

Vmrt0N7.jpg

Showtime's big-budget adaptation of Halo is filling out its cast. Six actors — Natascha McElhone, Bokeem Woodbine, Shabana Azmi, Bentley Kalu, Natasha Culzac and Kate Kennedy — have signed on to the drama based on the mega-popular video game franchise, which will dramatize the conflict between humanity and an alien race known as the Covenant in the 26th century.

They join Orange Is the New Black's Pablo Schreiber, who is playing the iconic Master Chief role, and newcomer Yerin Ha, who will play a new character in the Halo universe: Quan Ah, a shrewd 16-year-old who meets Master Chief at a fateful time for them both.

McElhone (Designated Survivor, Californication) will play two roles: Dr. Catherine Halsey, the brilliant, conflicted curator of the Supersoldiers, and Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history who may be the key to the survival of the human race.

Emmy nominee Woodbine (Fargo, Spider-Man: Homecoming) plays Soren-066, a morally complex privateer at the fringes of civilization. His fate will bring him into conflict with his former military masters and his old friend, the Master Chief. Acclaimed Indian actress Azmi will play Admiral Margaret Parangosky, the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence.

Kalu, Culzac and Kennedy are all playing characters new to the Halo universe. Kalu's Spartan Vannak-134 is a cybernetically enhanced soldier and de factor deputy to Master Chief. Culzac's Spartan Riz-028 is a focused, professional and cybernetically augmented killing machine. Kennedy's Spartan Kai-125 is courageous and curious — and also deadly.

Halo, which Showtime has described as its "most ambitious series ever," is set to begin production in Budapest in the fall. The nine-episode series has two showrunners in Kyle Killen (Awake, Lone Star), who is overseeing the writers room and stateside production, and Steven Kane (The Last Ship), who will be in charge of physical production in Hungary. Killen was initially announced as the sole showrunner, but as reported in March by The Hollywood Reporter, he wanted a partner who could be on the ground full-time in Hungary.

Otto Bathurst (Black Mirror: The National Anthem) is directing, having stepped in for original helmer Rupert Wyatt, who left the show due to a scheduling conflict.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...-adds-designated-survivor-fargo-stars-1228839

Watching Luther for a The first time.

2 epusides in , it’s fits my taste. Awesome.

So far so good.
Idris is strong in his performance, by being vulnerable.

So far so good.
You lucky git. I'd love to watch it for the first time again.

So far so good.
The show is amazing. You won't be disappointed.

I only made it to season 4 before my huge backlog of shows made me look elsewhere. I'm told the last season goes downhill, but I never saw it, and I'm tempted to never watch it.

I restarted it with the wife, who hadn't seen it.

She was on board as soon as she saw Idris Elba, so that plus the superb acting from the whole cast and she was hooked.

The OA cancelled after season 2. Good.

First Trailer for TITANS Season 2 Introduces Aqua Lad and Deathstroke

I guess I am a Lucky Git... I reckon?
Just finished season 1... not a moment wasted, in each episode.
I’m pleased so far.

Agree with your earlier post about Watchmen looking forward to that as well.

The show is amazing. You won't be disappointed.

I only made it to season 4 before my huge backlog of shows made me look elsewhere. I'm told the last season goes downhill, but I never saw it, and I'm tempted to never watch it.

I restarted it with the wife, who hadn't seen it.

She was on board as soon as she saw Idris Elba, so that plus the superb acting from the whole cast and she was hooked.
The only thing I dislike about that show (not spoiling) was the ending and needing to take his coat to the dry cleaner.

Official Trailer for Amazon's Victorian Fantasy Series CARNIVAL ROW Starring Orlando Bloom

Orlando Bloom and Cara Delevingne star in Carnival Row, a Victorian fantasy world filled with mythological immigrant creatures. Feared by humans, they are forbidden to live, love, or fly with freedom. But even in darkness, hope lives, as a human detective and a faerie rekindle a dangerous affair. The city’s uneasy peace collapses when a string of murders reveals a monster no one could imagine. Watch Carnival Row Season 1 this Labor Day weekend.

That's sucks to hear. I was looking forward to checking it out sometime this week. I'm always looking for new sci-fi shows to watch.
I was looking forward to seeing that show too. I love shows based in outer space!

The Expanse
goat space/sci fi show IMO
unfortunately, bumped until December for season 4.
much praise to Amazon for picking it up.

The Expanse
goat space/sci fi show IMO
unfortunately, bumped until December for season 4.
much praise to Amazon for picking it up.
Battlestar Galactica (2003) is still my favorite space/sci-fi show with The Expanse probably as a close second.

Yup and another applause for Amazon for renewing The Expanse for a fifth season.

Battlestar Galactica (2003) is still my favorite space/sci-fi show with The Expanse probably as a close second.

Yup and another applause for Amazon for renewing The Expanse for a fifth season.
Honestly, I can't decide which I like more.

They are very different shows.

The thing I love about The Expanse is that it's so fucking tense that we can't stop watching. The fact that it's so grounded in real world physics helps immerse me as well.

But...Firefly!

In terms of longer running BSG always though.

I saw an article saying ABC is working on a female superhero TV show, but won't say who and implies it's someone we know.

Back