Trump's Free Speech Echo Chamber

I don't see anything wrong with that tbh, let them have their own platform. It's really not a big deal.

I wonder if trumps eo will apply to parlor when they get spammed by blm
A neutral platform where people are free challenge ideas and positions would be ideal. The role of a censor is to not let their favored ideas and narratives be exposed to scrutiny. This creates safe space bubble echo chambers like Reddit. Instagram, for example, banned basic Federal Crime Statistics from being posted on their platform.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/abramb...s-new-favorite-social-media-app/#36240685016f

It's an app called Parlor whose user base is almost entirely conservatives who felt persecuted for their thoughts and stripped of their rights of free speech. "Bad ideas should be confronted in regular discourse. That's the beauty of free speech" is a paraphrasing of the CEO's vision for Parlor. The obvious irony is that he created an air tight echo chamber where conservatives can go and cathartically masturbate their brains.

Another observation is that free speech isn't the goal if you move to an app like Parlor to communicate with people -- it's freedom from opposing views.

#uncleJoe
What the hell are you even talking about? Is parlor banning people with left wing views or even imposing "terms of service" more strictly for them or are you just mad that they aren't specifically targeting, suspending and banning conservatives? Kind of sounds like you're just pissed about unbiased curation.

Fox News is the most watched "news" show on network cable, some of the biggest channels on youtube are right-leaning and conservatives with millions of subscribers (much more than any left leaning channels), twitter and facebook as well. Look at the wave of anti-SJW channels and the hundreds of millions of views they created. Conservatives and the right have never had a bigger reach on all media platforms. I simply don't get this argument.

Those youtube channels have almost all been demonitized and get regular "strikes" and suspensions.

Fox is the most watched network because they're the one conservative network, whereas the left wing audience is split between every other network. Fox is also the target of outrage from all the others for not sharing their bias to where even you just now put "news" in quotes because to you, left wing bias is the standard and anything that strays is a target for attack.

You said that some conservatives are not able to express their views on social media. And in response to me pointing out that conservative reach on social media has never been larger and perhaps even disproportionally so, you claimed that I hadn't seen the stories of conservatives content being removed. So what were you trying to say then?
If you have a regular 9 to 5 job in canada, I dare you to go post, with your actual Facebook or Twitter account, that you feel many in blm have degenerated into a mob mentality burn America down bunch of anarchists looking for an excuse to loot.

Its true. But wait till the reports start flying in. There is a girl at work who literally doesn't say shit to the person like the shrinking violet she is and screenshots, prints, and pushes it under hr's door with a complaint saying you are promoting hatred towards black people . Thankfully, my work doesn't give in to that shit and fire people like a lot of cancel culture does.

So yeah, we have been targeted for 1984 style intellectual colonialism. Cant have an opinion safely without using an fake name alias on social media anymore with most jobs in Canada.

If that fake name alias so happens to be the same name and sex as the left wing frothing at the mouth nutjob from work so be it?

I saw at least 1 guy do that. At first I was shocked because morally I find it reprehensible and extremely illegal since it is identity theft. But he did a very good job of rationalizing it as fighting fire with fire since people are so willing to take everything out of context and she targeted him. He didnt actually use her pictures, just made sure to load it with her interests and favorite sports team logos and then frequented local Facebook groups with it and used her general personality with volume turned to pro wrestling promo. She turned into a sniveling wreck very quickly and abandoned her social media witch hunting after she got her own taste of the mob rule from her own side.

He never admitted to doing it, but his smirks and commentary with his real facebook account denouncing her and sharing it to other groups made it obvious as a neon sign. His quick defending whoever did it over coffee at work went something like "well even if it isn't her, she deserves it because of what she put others through. Someone is fighting fire with fire using the tools available since they have no other avenue". With a huge smirk on his face.

All you need is an old phone that runs on wifi off kijiji for $20. Make accounts on that and only do posts on work wifi. In a building with hundreds of people they can never figure out who did it.

Its actually scary as hell that someone could do that and people would buy it as legit.

But I suspect because of how the left is overplaying their hand on social media that this will become way more common.

Isn't "free speech echo chamber" an oxymoron?

Also. I'm gonna use Parler. Whatchu gonna do about it?

Last edited:
What the hell are you even talking about? Is parlor banning people with left wing views or even imposing "terms of service" more strictly for them or are you just mad that they aren't specifically targeting, suspending and banning conservatives? Kind of sounds like you're just pissed about unbiased curation.

Those youtube channels have almost all been demonitized and get regular "strikes" and suspensions.

Fox is the most watched network because they're the one conservative network, whereas the left wing audience is split between every other network. Fox is also the target of outrage from all the others for not sharing their bias to where even you just now put "news" in quotes because to you, left wing bias is the standard and anything that strays is a target for attack.

What the hell are you talking about? Did you read the CEO’s comment about free speech and how it should allow for an arena of competing thoughts?

I’m not sure you connected that with the unintentional creation of a modern echo chamber.

but you really are a dumb ass who doesn’t contribute to any conversations beyond partisan screaming so I’m not surprised

What the hell are you talking about? Did you read the CEO’s comment about free speech and how it should allow for an arena of competing thoughts?

I’m not sure you connected that with the unintentional creation of a modern echo chamber.

but you really are a dumb ass who doesn’t contribute to any conversations beyond partisan screaming so I’m not surprised
Everybody is free to join = "echo chamber REEEE"

<Ellaria01>

You're a snowflake who's pissed that a site that you don't even use isn't censoring conservatives. Time to retreat back to your safe space from this abortion of a thread where your leaders will save you from having hear anything you don't agree with.

A neutral platform where people are free challenge ideas and positions would be ideal. The role of a censor is to not let their favored ideas and narratives be exposed to scrutiny. This creates safe space bubble echo chambers like Reddit. Instagram, for example, banned basic Federal Crime Statistics from being posted on their platform.

I'm more for freedom for platform creators creating whatever safe space bubble they feel like creating free from government overreach. Be it parlor Twitter or reddit

Yeah, this happens every time. Immediately turns into a racist (or worse) shitfest. And we have to spend FBI resources on these holes, too.
Doubt it. Parler requires phone signup to even view. Shitposters, actual racists and shills will be easily removed if they want to do that and if they don't Apple will just remove it from the app store. It's probably only to be used as a way to promote Trump's tweets and allow conservative boomer ads without being censored under erroneous-reasoning Twitter and other big tech like to use. Like the reasoning for banning a recent Trump ad denouncing Anti-fa violence.

Internet hasn't really turned out to be the promised land of free and open discourse that people, at one time, may have hoped for.

On the contrary it appears to encourage people to create their own spaces where all wrong-think is heavily moderated.

For me, it comes down to people having an irrational reaction to being challenged. Instead of getting stressed out, you should invite a bit of conflict, and actually enjoy partaking in a good, solid debate. But that's not how most people see it. They just feel like it's stressful, frustrating and prefer to reside among "like-minded people". They receive a "fight or flight" response instead of feeling comfortable in exchanging ideas.

I mean, I'm supposed to be the homogeneous, ethno-state guy (because let's face it, sameness is what people gravitate towards), but even I would be bored if I had to listen to people parrot the same opinions all the time, and bring nothing new or original to the conversation.

I'd say you and I disagree on quite a bit, but I consider you one of my favorite posters for meaningful discourse.

Doubt it. Parler requires phone signup to even view. Shitposters, actual racists and shills will be easily removed if they want to do that and if they don't Apple will just remove it from the app store. It's probably only to be used as a way to promote Trump's tweets and allow conservative boomer ads without being censored under erroneous-reasoning Twitter and other big tech like to use. Like the reasoning for banning a recent Trump ad denouncing Anti-fa violence.
So I'm confused, do they censor people on the platform?

Everybody is free to join = "echo chamber REEEE"

<Ellaria01>

You're a snowflake who's pissed that a site that you don't even use isn't censoring conservatives. Time to retreat back to your safe space from this abortion of a thread where your leaders will save you from having hear anything you don't agree with.

Nice about face/attempt to say something relevant.

Parlors free to join agreement doesn’t somehow make it not an echo chamber. It is an echo chamber. And the ceo is trying to recruit liberals so it lives up to its expectations as a free speech arena

I’m nowhere near as triggered as you are —- every post of yours is outrage

I watch a lot of progressive news channels and all I get recommended to me are conservative outlets like Shapiro, Crowder, Rubin, Prager U etc.

Then there are all the culture war channels like Mark Dice that have millions of viewers.

I don't understand how so many people think they are being targeted. Doesn't seem to reflect reality.

I watch a lot of progressive news channels and all I get recommended to me are conservative outlets like Shapiro, Crowder, Rubin, Prager U etc.

Then there are all the culture war channels like Mark Dice that have millions of viewers.

I don't understand how so many people think they are being targeted. Doesn't seem to reflect reality.

Crowder has literally been targeted. He's just too big to care about demonotization. Mark Dice is also demonotized. They are both also clearly being fucked around by Youtube's search algorithm, as are most conservative voices.

I live in an ethno-state.

They don't call Finland Finland because of fish fins or because of the fine weather.

The way I see it, there's 5 millions of us guys left, so why not have a piece of land that's mostly for us? Think of it as a native reservation. Or like Kurdistan, or Palestine.

Wait, aren't you guys part of Russia?

Crowder has literally been targeted. He's just too big to care about demonotization. Mark Dice is also demonotized. They are both also clearly being fucked around by Youtube's search algorithm, as are most conservative voices.
They've also used DMCA safe harbor to take things down, like the recent Trump ad. Removed gofundme's for what they think are helping conservatives, don't even give a reason. YT deleting comments critical of the CCP. Selective enforcement of their 'misinformation' rules. Youtube even reinstated covid videos because they went too far trying to find a reason to censor them and the videos weren't even controversial, just youtube going full Communist China tier censorship. Ex facebook employees talking about censorship methods, censorship farms using low-payed workers in Asia etc.
So I'm confused, do they censor people on the platform?
on parler? If you mean big tech, yea, that was the driving force behind Trump's EO.

Back