Trump-Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump himself admitted that? See I didn't know that, nor his own press secretary throwing him under. If that is the case that is new info, and changes the likelihood imo. Not sure in what way he'd defend himself against it, but that's much closer to a smoking gun than a lot of what I heard a while back.

R.I.P. Orange Man. However, if he loses it'll all be a wash in the end, but at least it would set an example that you can't go renegade. Eventually it'll catch up with him, just wasn't sure this was the time, but if what you say is true it might actually BE it.

It’s so damn weird reading posts from you that actually make sense. Way to go!!

It’s so damn weird reading posts from you that actually make sense. Way to go!!

Every time you post I'm in awe that you have the bravery to show your face after the way I annihilated you a couple of weeks ago. I commend your courage, empowered by the strength of feminism, embodied in the finger wag of Pelosi in your new AV. Keep fighting the good fight comrade. <BC1>

You're comparing Benghazi to an impeachment of the President? Benghazi included closed door investigations because of the classified information in the evidence. Plus, they had a vote on the floor to investigate Benghazi. Why are you using this as a comparison? Because Hillary?
Why are you complaining? The Republicans changed the rules so they could run their investigations this way. They'll have a chance to ask all the questions they want after the inquiry stage.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/articlei

Art. 1 Sect. 2 para 5
"The House of Representatives shall choose their speaker and other officers; and shall have the sole power of impeachment."
Combined with Art 1. Sect. 3 para. 6

"The Senate shall have the sole power to try all impeachments. When sitting for that purpose, they shall be on oath or affirmation. When the President of the United States is tried, the Chief Justice shall preside: And no person shall be convicted without the concurrence of two thirds of the members present."

Idk what sort of reading comprehension you have that you construe that Art 1 sec. 3 quote to mean an impeachment is done by the Senate. It's not. Trial and convict/acquit is done by the Senate. Impeachment is solely done by the HOR. It's why HOR gets to draft the complaint (articles of impeachment) and lays out the rules
So, just gotta say, because you posted this and this douchenozzle went on to say this over and over anyway,
And I'm what I'm trying to tell you is that impeachment means being convicted and removed from office. Not the House voting to impeach someone in the first part of the impeachment process.
said douchenozzle has earned a long overdue place on my ignore list.
MildAdorableIbis-size_restricted.gif

5 minutes of your life and you'll find out why the interviews are private for now.

Every time you post I'm in awe that you have the bravery to show your face after the way I annihilated you a couple of weeks ago. I commend your courage, empowered by the strength of feminism, embodied in the finger wag of Pelosi in your new AV. Keep fighting the good fight comrade. <BC1>

I’m just surprised you are able to string words together that make sense. Keep it up man, you’re showing progress

see ya in the playoffs

I’m just surprised you are able to string words together that make sense. Keep it up man, you’re showing progress

Am I? Or are you finally losing your hyper-liberal fanatical touch? Shameful display of future left-leaning moderate nature.

see ya in the playoffs

That's the absolute worst case scenario for you. Worse than even a real life comparing of yourself to me. <{hughesimpress}>

Am I? Or are you finally losing your hyper-liberal fanatical touch? Shameful display of future left-leaning moderate nature.

That's the absolute worst case scenario for you. Worse than even a real life comparing of yourself to me. <{hughesimpress}>

You would bend the knee to me in the playoffs and in real life. But I digress, back to your hero being impeached

So sounds like we'll never actually get to see/hear from this whistleblower ourselves, even though he was supposed to testify "this Thursday" a month ago? Last I heard plans were changing because he/she was hesitant to testify on camera, due to being "scared for his/her life" (which I found absurd), but again, that was a month ago. Seems like we'll never actually see this whistleblower at all at this pace, which I find, dubious, to say the least.

So nothing new except the two sentences in the phone call in regards to Trump directly? I remember the "can you look into something" line in the transcript, but thought there would be more after all this chatter, people storming places, lots of yelling, etc.

I was hoping some time off this story would have shed new details, but nothing appears changed. Doesn't sound like the Smoking Gun at all that was originally advertised. Reminds me a lot of the Cohen nonsense when everyone wouldn't shut up about "Trump is going to jail, this is it", only for Cohen to go down and the best we got was Trump having unprotected sex. I'll try this again during V15 or so.
Are you drunk? No smoking gun after last week's testimony and even Trump admitting there was a QPQ just not the illegal kind? <puh-lease75>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back