Trump-Ukraine Megathread v5 is 'crazy,' & 'frightening'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I am just speaking out more. I think Trump is deeply evil and destructive however he only has a place because the less corrupt side is terribly corrupt!!! In for a penny in for a pound is what is happening here..... Also I've never been on any forum besides this one and have been absorbing what IT is and feel I have finally found my footing.

I'm also having a really neat spiritual awakening in my life. I'm feeling way more love for everyone and also my mind is opening in strange ways. I love it and am very grateful for it too.
What the democrats are doing isn't actually fighting corruption; it's simply using that as an excuse to get rid of their political rivals. Exactly like Trump was doing on the phone calls.

When both parties are corrupt like they are, then trying to end your own party's corruption only makes you a sitting duck for the other party's corruption. Basically -- it makes you a sucker.

If the democrats want anything to stick to Trump then they need to be willing to also hold themselves accountable. They need to make it about actually fighting corruption instead of about winning politics. They won't. And so all their bitching will go exactly nowhere.

When both parties are corrupt like they are, then trying to end your own party's corruption only makes you a sitting duck for the other party's corruption. Basically -- it makes you a sucker.

If the democrats want anything to stick to Trump then they need to be willing to also hold themselves accountable. They won't. And so all their bitching will go exactly nowhere.

This is the exact point I got attacked for on the left. My take on the Biden thing is that he looks guilty as hell BUT that the laws are such that what he did is common practice. Rather than defend Biden (backing a loser IMO) the dems ought to step forward and actually try to pass legislation that would make what the Bidens have done illegal. That way they can call out Trumps corruption too.

Thing is the dems want to return to what they think is a normal amount of corruption but they are overlooking a TON of voters like me who are sick to death of all the corruption and want something actually done about it.

Trump can only exist and rise to the top of a swamp infested with corruption and liars.

What the democrats are doing isn't actually fighting corruption; it's simply using that as an excuse to get rid of their political rivals. Exactly like Trump was doing on the phone calls.

If the democrats want anything to stick to Trump then they need to be willing to also hold themselves accountable. They need to make it about actually fighting corruption instead of about winning politics. They won't. And so all their bitching will go exactly nowhere.

:cool:

source.gif

This is the exact point I got attacked for on the left. My take on the Biden thing is that he looks guilty as hell BUT that the laws are such that what he did is common practice. Rather than defend Biden (backing a loser IMO) the dems ought to step forward and actually try to pass legislation that would make what the Bidens have done illegal. That way they can call out Trumps corruption too.

Thing is the dems want to return to what they think is a normal amount of corruption but they are overlooking a TON of voters like me who are sick to death of all the corruption and want something actually done about it.

Trump can only exist and rise to the top of a swamp infested with corruption and liars.
Didn't Biden only compromise whatever money his son was making? I fucking hate Biden and I really hope he doesn't get the nomination, but from what I hear he didn't really do anything suspicious here.

Didn't Biden only compromise whatever money his son was making? I fucking hate Biden and I really hope he doesn't get the nomination, but from what I hear he didn't really do anything suspicious here.

There is absolutely no proof that Biden did anything corrupt here that is true. However I think what I think and 50,000 dollars a month is a lot of dough and it was absolutely to get access to Biden IMO.

Im really coming from a different place and this particular circumstance is just incidental. I think people have had a gut-full of corruption and are losing faith in the government. I think this is deserved because there is WAY TOO much corruption going on. I think Trump is the swamp monster that could only live in a swamp of corruption.

So my take is "lets be serous about corruption right now no bullshit" and so the way I would handle this story is to NOT go after Biden but absolutely write legislation that would make what his family did illegal ---and go after Trump with venom.

This particular instance is incidental to my vision and goals. Its just an opportunity to enact them.

Narrator: it was a quid pro quo of some kind
Says it all!

literally nothing is happening. congress hasnt voted to start impeaching. all that is happening is talking. there is a thing called due process and they are at step 0.

They are deliberately going to try and drag this out as long as possible and as close as possible to the Elections.

They know they have no candidate who could defeat Trump so they try throwing everything including the kitchen sink at him, hoping for a hail-mary miracle that will never come.

A “shocking” day.

<36>

Oh yeah, big shock. Too bad it won’t be surprising at all when they are overturned like the last 15....

Yeah...funny thing about stupid rulings....There's always the Appeals which have been very "kind" to our POTUS.

Little pesky things that the peanut gallery choose to ignore in favor of going "Ha ha" like Nelson Muntz of the Simpsons.

Pompeo is shook.

https://www.wsmv.com/news/news-talk...cle_bba02bde-ec8a-11e9-9632-23457ce242a4.html

NASHVILLE (WSMV) - The US Secretary of State visited Nashville on Friday and sat down for a one-on-one interview with News4 where he spoke about several issues, but there was one question he refused to answer.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo started the day joking with Christian counselors in Nashville.

"...And it's a heck of a day not to be in Washington today," he laughed.

In Washington, former US Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch testified in an inquiry. Yovanovitch, a career diplomat.

The inquiry centers on allegations that President Donald Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani pressured Ukraine to investigate the president's rivals.

Amons: In mid-February, you were in Warsaw, and so was Rudy Giuliani. During your time there, did you meet with Giuliani?

Pompeo: You know, I don't talk about who I meet with. I went to Warsaw for a particular purpose. It was an important mission. We brought together people all across the world to take down the world's largest state-sponsored terror, the Islamic Republic of Iran. That's what I worked on on that mission.

Amons: So you're not going to say whether or not you met with him?

Pompeo: So when I was in Warsaw, I had a singular focus. My focus was singularly on the work that we have done, effective work, to recover from what the Obama administration has done, which is to underwrite the world's largest state-sponsor of terror. We've stopped that, we're making real progress.

Amons: It sounds like you're not going to say?

Pompeo: When I was in Warsaw, we were working diligently to accomplish the mission to take down the terror regime that is inside the Islamic Republic of Iran. That's what I worked on, that's the only thing that I engaged in while I was there.

News4 asked about text messages that show diplomats under his authority told the Ukrainians that a good relationship with President Trump was only possible if they investigated his political opponent.

Amons: Were you aware that this was happening?

Pompeo: Again, you've got your facts wrong--it sounds like you're working at least in part for the Democratic National Committee.

Another question News4 asked Pompeo was about the Thursday resignation of his senior adviser, Michael McKinley. Pompeo said it was a personnel matter and he wasn't going to talk about it.

Pompeo was also asked what his message would be to the Kurdish population in Nashville who are worried about their families in Syria. Nashville has the largest Kurdish population of any American city.

Pompeo was in no obligation to answer.

These "journalists"(Reporters) seem to think they're prosecutors asking questions to someone under oath.

This was an interview, not a courtroom.

"Shook", my ass.

Dave, hi, looks like you’re relatively new around here.

Just so ya know, zebby is a fucking moron. I invite you to look at his post history for a good laugh.

They are all fucking morons, actually.

Kevin McAleenan, the acting secretary of homeland security since April and the fourth person to serve in that post since the Trump presidency began, submitted his resignation to the White House on Friday, President Donald Trump announced Friday.

I heard Trump never wanted this guy but wanted that Cicarelli(Sp?) person instead (don't know if I spelled that right).

McAleenan was always viewed as an Obama guy (he did donate to his Presidency) so good riddance...

Don't be so sure it is not working.

This is the way radical positions are pushed, such as Barr's view of POTUS as King.

You know they will suffer early set backs in the court, but the goal is to read exactly what issues the lower court focused on to rule against, and then argue around that point at the next stage, and so on and so on.

At each leg up in the appeals process you remove the prior objection from your arguments and move forward with a slightly different and more focused argument.

I am not sure there is a path to victory for Barr here but make no mistake the Republican base and politicians and maybe some of the Supreme court seem now to want a POTUS as King and are supporting this devolution of the office.

And I thought zebby was nuts.....

serveimage

I really wonder they can come up with during his second term. Or will they just keep recycling the same old shit like his tax returns?

I think once this impeachment bullshit fails (like we expect), they will have NOTHING left to offer.

(maybe they'll start the whole "Oh! Trump will get prosecuted once he leaves office so let's look forward to that! YAY!" narrative so who knows?)

Eh, it's not an opinion she's laying out there.

When someone lays out the actual legit TRUTH, the morons here immediately go "Oh. It's just an opinion from a shill". This is so comically sad and pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back