Trump-Ukraine Megathread v5 is 'crazy,' & 'frightening'

Status
Not open for further replies.

And?

Putting aside the very possible fact this is a load of bull delivered by Adam Schiff (the real "whistleblower" who doesn't know shit), what does this change? Nothing.

The phone call was as the transcript said. The end.

Oh what tangled webs we weave when at first we practise to deceive. Nancy & the dirty Dems are coming for you Mr.President, deal with it...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Last edited:

And what relevance does that have with Ukraine again? {<huh}

You just keep bringing up these tweets from these libertard morons.

Though I suppose it's better than 50 tweets in a row of Seth Abramson. <Gordonhat>

Last edited:
Several?

I only noticed the "Your"(You're) part.
Same pathetic posters from the Mueller thread, if your so intelligene why are you wasting your life posting in these pathetic threads. Until Trump is literally leaving the white house with his moving boxes you should all stfu and get a life. Also, I left a typo in there so you can feel better about about your pathetic lives... peace.

What the democrats are doing isn't actually fighting corruption; it's simply using that as an excuse to get rid of their political rivals. Exactly like Trump was doing on the phone calls.

When both parties are corrupt like they are, then trying to end your own party's corruption only makes you a sitting duck for the other party's corruption. Basically -- it makes you a sucker.

If the democrats want anything to stick to Trump then they need to be willing to also hold themselves accountable. They need to make it about actually fighting corruption instead of about winning politics. They won't. And so all their bitching will go exactly nowhere.

I wish I could "like" this post more than once.

"Same pathetic posters from the Mueller thread, if your so intelligene why are you wasting your life posting in these pathetic threads. Until Trump is literally leaving the white house with his moving boxes you should all stfu and get a life. Also, I left a typo in there so you can feel better about about your pathetic lives... peace."

Hmmm....He should've said "I left several typos" instead of saying "a typo"(in a singular sense).

He just played himself. Yikes.

This is the exact point I got attacked for on the left. My take on the Biden thing is that he looks guilty as hell BUT that the laws are such that what he did is common practice. Rather than defend Biden (backing a loser IMO) the dems ought to step forward and actually try to pass legislation that would make what the Bidens have done illegal. That way they can call out Trumps corruption too.

Biden is not even among my top 5 preferred candidates... I think he would be Hillary 2.0 and his entire campaign is coasting on the fumes of being former VP, benefiting from name recognition/status quo... Nobody is excited about the prospect of a Biden presidency, he would have to rely entirely on electoral disillusionment with Trump... a coin flip at best. Even if there is no actual wrongdoing and its just garden variety nepotism/swamp, I think its a major distraction and his presence in the race just gives Trump something to point at instead of his own problems. If Biden bowed out gracefully, Trump would be put in a bad position; He'd lose his talking point distraction, and does he continue the investigation (wasting time and resources just to maintain the sham that "he was just out to fight corruption") or does he drop it completely, proving that it was merely a partisan political hit-piece? or, even more stupidly: does he start looking for dirt on Bernie/Warren/etc?

I think the problem with the Dems pursuing legislation like you suggest is the fact that Trump would just use it to vindicate his desire to investigate Biden (IE: "If there is nothing wrong with what Biden did, then why do the dems want to change the law now?"). It basically plays right into his narrative of "the other side is corrupt" and he will use it to distract from what he did, which was illegal. The Trump zealots are completely blind to even the most reasonable criticisms of Trump, and the garden variety conservatives simply dismiss his worst actions as "politics as usual"... so it's not like there is any political advantage to doing what you suggest, other than handing republicans some free ad ideas because "they aren't the corrupt ones."

(Don't get me wrong, If Biden did anything illegal, it should be looked into by our own authorities, then relayed to foreign authorities (as is supposed to happen with MLAT) and Trump wouldn't even need to personally get other countries involved, but he did and that should be a problem for anyone who isn't a partisan hack. It would be fantastic if there was a way of achieving bipartisan legislation that eliminated the corrupt nepotism/backroom dealing bs, we had congressional/senatorial term limits and we could prevent these assholes from the revolving door lobbyist positions... but when you're up against people that will deny facts and reality to win, it's not a very effective strategy.)

What the democrats are doing isn't actually fighting corruption; it's simply using that as an excuse to get rid of their political rivals. Exactly like Trump was doing on the phone calls.

When both parties are corrupt like they are, then trying to end your own party's corruption only makes you a sitting duck for the other party's corruption. Basically -- it makes you a sucker.

If the democrats want anything to stick to Trump then they need to be willing to also hold themselves accountable. They need to make it about actually fighting corruption instead of about winning politics. They won't. And so all their bitching will go exactly nowhere.
Dude, would you open your eyes and look at this administration full of crooks?
It's worth it getting rid of them.

What is "the Russia hoax"? I mean, I know it's kind of a mantra of Trump's designed to shut down thought, but when you use it, what does it refer to?

That Donald Trump and his team purposefully colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 Presidential Election.

Don't be a dork. Pulp is the only one approaching this rationally. What you're doing is just whining and being petulant over a poll that marginally underrepresented Independents.

It overrepresented Democrats.

Well there is the fact that there was no Russia hoax and the investigation was absolutely legit and required.

There is always that.

Sure it was, even though you don't accept Mueller's findings.

That Donald Trump and his team purposefully colluded with Russia to steal the 2016 Presidential Election.
Colluded, I would say probably happened but couldn't be conclusively proven.
Steal, no, but they absolutely asked for and welcomed the help.

Colluded, I would say probably happened but couldn't be conclusively proven.
Steal, no, but they absolutely asked for and welcomed the help.

Well, the definition changed a few times. When it started out, the popular talking point on CNN and company was that Russia "hacked" the election, meaning they were able to get into electronic polling machines and change votes. That died down and "collusion" became the big buzzword.

Well, the definition changed a few times. When it started out, the popular talking point on CNN and company was that Russia "hacked" the election, meaning they were able to get into electronic polling machines and change votes. That died down and "collusion" became the big buzzword.
IIRC hacked referred correctly to something that had been done.

Collusion became an issue when it looked as though trump and his team were ass-deep in seeking help from Moscow, which they were.

I think it came down to legalities and things that couldn't be proven, but I feel safe saying the substance was true. Trump's objectively dirty and continues to be, without shame.

ideally you’d shoot for 33/33/33% instead of weighting it heavy to one

I dont believe the country breaks down that way - I believe there are less registered Republicans than registered Democrats.

Not saying this poll is right or wrong, but if the country were 75% independent then you'd want a higher sampling of independents to get a true read of the entire country.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back