Opinion Trump speech...

Why on Earth would he do any of that?
Why would Trump? *He* probably wouldn’t, as he has almost no redeeming qualities. I wasn’t expecting that he would. A good person/president/leader would, and he’s none of those things.

But there are good reasons why he should.

Lol... I don't get why the fallout is so big on this.

Trump and his fellow speakers didn't tell anyone to do anything except peacefully protest. Closest thing was Rudy calling for trial by combat, but I don't think he meant to be taken literally.

Can't people make the obvious linkage that it was a protest that turned into a riot, which can easily happen given the right conditions, and the rioters acted with free will to do the things they did? Trump in no way promoted these actions beforehand, so how can he be held responsible?

I guess the answer is that liberal media and politicians are having a field day with this and trying to milk it for all it's worth.

I will continue to view the event as yes a harbinger of the emergence of a fascist movement in the US if nothing is done to address [economic] root causes, but ultimately inconsequential.

A week ago nothing happened, no reason to address the violence that occurred, unless of coarse he had a crystal ball..
<seedat>
Um, it was exactly one week ago today. Last Wednesday.

Trump and his fellow speakers didn't tell anyone to do anything except peacefully protest. Closest thing was Rudy calling for trial by combat, but I don't think he meant to be taken literally.

Can't people make the obvious linkage that it was a protest that turned into a riot, which can easily happen given the right conditions, and the rioters acted with free will to do the things they did? Trump in no way promoted these actions beforehand, so how can he be held responsible?

I guess the answer is that liberal media and politicians are having a field day with this and trying to milk it for all it's worth.

I will continue to view the event as yes a harbinger of the emergence of a fascist movement in the US if nothing is done to address [economic] root causes, but ultimately inconsequential.

This is the text book definition of delusion

@Sketch more like gets to leave straight to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect president pension.

This is the text book definition of delusion

Delusion about what? That Trump was not technically guilty of the crime of incitement? That's true, it's kinda hard to convict someone of incitement due to first amendment protections. But not only was he not guilty of incitement, I haven't seen anything Trump said that even implied people should use violence.

Am I delusional about the fact that the protest turned into a riot?

That the storming of the capitol was not planned in advance?

That people in the riot acted of their own free will?

Please, enlighten me.

Because the morons wouldn't have been there if Trump hadn't ginned them up for weeks with outrageous lies about the election... and in a larger sense they wouldn't have been there if he hadn't played into conspiracies about the "deep state" while winking and nodding at the lunatic fringe for years.

Context, believe it or not, does matter.

Delusion about what? That Trump was not technically guilty of the crime of incitement? That's true, it's kinda hard to convict someone of incitement due to first amendment protections. But not only was he not guilty of incitement, I haven't seen anything Trump said that even implied people should use violence.

Am I delusional about the fact that the protest turned into a riot?

That the storming of the capitol was not planned in advance?

That people in the riot acted of their own free will?

Please, enlighten me.

Trumps daily election lies were the reason for terrorism on the capital. Stop the steal was all about sore losers not getting their way.

they were willing to destroy democracy and the constitution for Trump. This is all directly related to trumps blatant and constant lying. Plus all the losers who carry water for him.

Would’ve been great to hear a week ago. Is he ever—EVER—going to acknowledge that Biden is the duly elected president? Or that this election was fair? Doesn’t seem like it.

This speech was lukewarm, and way too little too late.
The election wasn’t fair. If media conglomerates colluded for Trump or an R clii I see to what they did for Biden, you would scream from the rooftops.

Back