Opinion Trump shutdown - will it be the longest ever?

???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'd bet the farm those folks out of work are far more worried about paying their bills than they are of an immigrant committing a crime or something.

Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, it's what makes us patriotic. I would think some people if not most would set aside their pay momentarily to get the ever important wall up.

But but but that leftist heroic saint Snoop Doggy Dog said it's all Trump's fault!!

It clearly is on Trump, just as it's been on each other president that's done it in the past. It's a choice to sacrifice normal workers as pawns in a game of Chess.

No food stamps or tax refunds for tens of millions of people- many affected will be Trump voters- means he likely caves by the end of the month in a grandiose "it's all the Dems fault, I'm the bigger man, remember it's me saving the poor and working, etc"

Otherwise we have a self inflicted starvation and homeless crisis for millions. As days and months go by people will be much less forgiving to Trump so unless his plan is full seizure of power following the complete plunge into dystopia, then it's not likely to go on for much longer.

Sometimes we have to make sacrifices, it's what makes us patriotic. I would think some people if not most would set aside their pay momentarily to get the ever important wall up.
The people making sacrifices are the ones not getting paid. Trump is taking hostages and it's wrong.

The way all of us would make sacrifices is if the wall was funding by tax dollars through the normal process (House writes bill, Senate and Prez approve).

Probably all the times they said won't and trump shutting down the government to pay for the wall

There are thousands of ways to tax different things to easily pay for the wall.

So how many hours have you been working unpaid for the last few weeks, fellow patriot?

Gotta wonder why the Repubs didn't push to fully fund the border wall when they controlled the house and Senate for the last 2 years.

Only when they will face opposition that can stop them do they make it a priority. I'd be pissed if this were something I felt strongly about.

It’s weird seeing guys rooting for a long shutdown. There are normal people who are not receiving their paychecks right now. Some of them actually need those checks.

Well you see, trump supporters are human garbage. So that's a positive to them.

Place your bets!!

Trump does everything biggest and bestest

So he will totally get this record in

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_federal_funding_gaps

Currently:

1st place: Clinton: 21 days
2nd place: Carter 19 days
3rd place: Obama 17 days
4th place: Trump 17 days

Oh shit, I voted no because I assumed that the longest shut down would have been several months or something like 80 years ago or some shit. I didn’t realize he was already so close to the record.

I want to change my vote!

Easy to say when it's not your home and family on the line.

How do you make a deal with someone that doesn't live in reality?

Depends on how badly people want their tax returns on time. Apparently delays in those could occur because of the shutdown. That would make things interesting.

I’m sure people who need money will be lining up to spend another 30+ billion

How do you make a deal with someone that doesn't live in reality?

Delusional, a serial liar, poorly informed and one without any principles or strongly held views. The answer is: you can't!

Back