Opinion Trump shutdown - will it be the longest ever?

???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Those two" were sent out because they are the leader of the Senate minority and the leader of the House Majority respectively, genius. It's the House and Senate that craft and pass budgets.

Not when you’re less than 2 years out from a presidential election, with an entire roster of potential candidates with ZERO name recognition.

This was a huge opening for someone to come out and grasp the reigns of the progressive movement.

It’s a huge missed opportunity. One I sense they’ll regret.

This whole thing is a clown show.

The guy can’t administrate for shit.

The people elected someone who can only yap: Like that coworker who confidently claims that they know the solutions to set the company straight. But once in that position it’s complete chaos because they don’t know what they’re doing.

I'm a Trump fan but i don't understand how a shutdown can make the Dems change their mind about funding a wall. I'd of thought it would just piss off lots of ordinary people who aren't getting their pay? What is the logic?

So in America are Pelosi and Schumer well loved politicians? Have they ever been controversial during their careers?
I hate the way Schumer wears his glasses down the end of his nose, actually anyone doing that pisses me off.

Pelosi and Schumer are not well liked, even by Democrats.

They're not wrong here though.

Trump should have taken the $25B they were willing to allocate for border security last time this happened and he actually had the votes to force Dems to the table.

The Blue Wave™ happened. The Dems don't have to give him shit and they can let him hang himself with this shutdown.

Not when you’re less than 2 years out from a presidential election, with an entire roster of potential candidates with ZERO name recognition.

This was a huge opening for someone to come out and grasp the reigns of the progressive movement.

It’s a huge missed opportunity. One I sense they’ll regret.

No missed opportunities here at all man. You must have missed it. Progressive party has a leader that is overwhelmingly loved by the majority of americans. He is so real that corporate media won't cover him well or honestly.

TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY SET THE RECORD FOR LONGEST SHUTDOWN

Last edited:
No missed opportunities here at all man. You must have missed it. Progressive party has a leader that is overwhelmingly loved by the majority of americans. He is so real that corporate media won't cover him well or honestly.

Hmm, that’s funny.

Usually the leader is the guy who’s on tv, not being ignored by the same assholes who robbed him of the nomination just 2 short years ago.

PS, reality check, the only reason he’s popular is that he’s been treated with kid gloves, he’s never even had the oppo research folder dumped on him.

Hmm, that’s funny.

Usually the leader is the guy who’s on tv, not being ignored by the same assholes who robbed him of the nomination just 2 short years ago.

PS, reality check, the only reason he’s popular is that he’s been treated with kid gloves, he’s never even had the oppo research folder dumped on him.
You are free to have your opinion man.

I think Bernie can and will survive anything they throw at him. He is what he stands for so if people like the issues he stands for they will like him. 70% of americans (including tons of republicans) support most of the policy positions he stands for.

Corporate media runs nothing but hit pieces on him and yet he is still massively popular. The establishment fears him.

You are free to have your opinion man.

I think Bernie can and will survive anything they throw at him. He is what he stands for so if people like the issues he stands for they will like him. 70% of americans (including tons of republicans) support most of the policy positions he stands for.

Corporate media runs nothing but hit pieces on him and yet he is still massively popular. The establishment fears him.

And have you though for a single second about how Bernie, with no plans on how to actually pay for his 20 trillion in promised free shit, goes about actually passing a single piece of legislation through what would be an opposition from corporate Dems and the right?

Honest question, because I know a Bernie bro, and he doesn’t research shit, and coincidentally believes all Bernie’s lies too.

Remember, Bernie was the biggest liar running in 16 by far, and that’s an amazing accomplishment.

And have you though for a single second about how Bernie, with no plans on how to actually pay for his 20 trillion in promised free shit, goes about actually passing a single piece of legislation through what would be an opposition from corporate Dems and the right?

Honest question, because I know a Bernie bro, and he doesn’t research shit, and coincidentally believes all Bernie’s lies too.

Remember, Bernie was the biggest liar running in 16 by far, and that’s an amazing accomplishment.

That is a pretty skeptical attitude formed primarily because you disagree with his policies.

Bernie has spoken at length about the political revolution he is forming and that it extends beyond himself or his election. What you do is go in asking for the whole loaf of bread and then settle for half a loaf. What the dems do is go in asking for a few slices and settle for some crumbs.

What this is about is 70% of the population taking the country in the direction it really wants to go. Bernie is just a step towards that revolutionary change.

That is a pretty skeptical attitude formed primarily because you disagree with his policies.

Bernie has spoken at length about the political revolution he is forming and that it extends beyond himself or his election. What you do is go in asking for the whole loaf of bread and then settle for half a loaf. What the dems do is go in asking for a few slices and settle for some crumbs.

What this is about is 70% of the population taking the country in the direction it really wants to go. Bernie is just a step towards that revolutionary change.

First, my apologies for being an asshole, because I can see your heart is in the right place. (I’m guessing you’re 28 or younger?)

No, it’s a skeptical attitude based on longtime astute political observation, and a lifetime of learning that nothing is free.

Furthermore,

Do you really think the powerful class is just going to step aside and let Bernie, Trump, or any other outsider stroll in and cut off their gravy train?

<{cruzshake}>

And I’ll cite practically all of history as my evidence.

Trust me, I wish this wasn’t how it was. Unfortunately, that’s the reality of the world.

PS, free blackpills for everyone. I’ve apparently had too many.

First, my apologies for being an asshole, because I can see your heart is in the right place. (I’m guessing you’re 28 or younger?)

No, it’s a skeptical attitude based on longtime astute political observation, and a lifetime of learning that nothing is free.

Furthermore,

Do you really think the powerful class is just going to step aside and let Bernie, Trump, or any other outsider stroll in and cut off their gravy train?

<{cruzshake}>

And I’ll cite practically all of history as my evidence.

Trust me, I wish this wasn’t how it was. Unfortunately, that’s the reality of the world.

PS, free blackpills for everyone. I’ve apparently had too many.

Im 46 years old and one who has not been whipped by the world into a state of pessimism. I actually get more happy and hopeful every year unlike most of the age group around me who cannot seem to navigate the darkness without losing the light.

If everyone who ever did anything great thought pessimistically nothing great ever would have happened.

There is a book out called "The better Angels Among Us". You ought to check it out sometime because it shows that things are always getting better despite the ups and downs that come. They will continue to do so IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Im 46 years old and one who has not been whipped by the world into a state of pessimism. I actually get more happy and hopeful every hear unlike most of the age group around me who cannot seem to navigate the darkness without losing the light.

If everyone who ever did anything great thought pessimistically nothing great ever would have happened.

There is a book out called "The better Angels Among Us". You ought to check it out sometime because it shows that things are always getting better despite the ups and downs that come. They will continue to do so IMO.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. We are the luckiest sons a bitches in the world. Life is truly a gift, and it’s getting better all the time.

But mass political change designed to help the people rather than the rich???

<36>

That’s (unfortunately) not how politics works.

And we haven’t ever touched local politics, which is quite possibly even more corrupt than national politics.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. We are the luckiest sons a bitches in the world. Life is truly a gift, and it’s getting better all the time.

But mass political change designed to help the people rather than the rich???

<36>

I just have to fight on the side of right even if we lose man.

I just have to fight on the side of right even if we lose man.

What makes you think the democrats are the right side?

1u18.png

Meanwhile, Trump has actually made a difference by beginning the serious pushback on China, renegotiated NAFTA, brought about the biggest manufacturing and wage growth in a long time, etc.

WTF have democrats ever done for you? Bitched out on passing universal healthcare for the abomination that is Obamacare, literally written to take care of the industry that was fucking them over?

Oh, and they made me pay for the insurance of some piece of shit asshole with no job.

Yeah, sounds great...

What makes you think the democrats are the right side?

1u18.png

Meanwhile, Trump has actually made a difference by beginning the serious pushback on China, renegotiated NAFTA, brought about the biggest manufacturing and wage growth in a long time, etc.

WTF have democrats ever done for you? Bitched out on passing universal healthcare for the abomination that is Obamacare, literally written to take care of the industry that was fucking them over?

Oh, and they made me pay for the insurance of some piece of shit asshole with no job.

Yeah, sounds great...

OK man so you disagree. Vote your conscience and I will too.

Back