Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

micro-analyzing? Like, just don't retweet as if you're a 16yr old girl and fucking stick to actual policy considerations. There's literally hundreds of things he needs to do every day. Dogwhistling to his base shouldn't even be on the list.

There was a day he had his lawyers arguing handing over his tax return and financial would be too much of a burden. Meanwhile, he was sending a handful of tweets that morning about random shit. He gets excused for anything and everything. I know liberals hate him sometimes father than what actually happened but it isn’t far off in general. He acts like a child and that’s somehow good for the office. It’s garbage.

I'm tired of the double standard. This symbol has been appropriated by the official #BLM movement:
101px-Fist.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Power

It is also regularly chanted by protesters:
https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/06/enough-cries-change-george-floyds-memorial-service/

Either they're both racist, or neither is. I'm with Tim Scott, I don't care for this pandering, but at the same time, I'm tired of this bullshit. A line must be drawn in the sand. This expectation of a gross, racist double standard has persisted for far too long.

The members that express "Black Power" as a defense against racial oppression are not racist, the ones that go further and express black superiority certainly are racist.

It would take an epic face plant by Biden to lose but let's be honest , that's not out of the question.

Clinton largely tries to just avoid press and coast to a win which didn’t work out. I actually think Biden may be able to do that this year because of COVID.

Even money bet, between now and November, Biden uses a very "Old Fashioned" name for a Person of Color that loses him the election. A word most of us have to look up on the internet, but then conclude "that's some racist shit".

Keep Biden On Lockdown (KBOL).
I mean if that happened he could drop out , not sure who would replace him but that might not be so bad , as long as it wasn't too close to the election ....

I don’t see how he isn’t getting voted out this year. Everything is piling up and he’s really good at self sabotage. That use to not seem to matter but I think now that he’s been office for a term, people are beginning to expect a certain standard again.

Logically you're not wrong. I just don't know how much logic plays into anything, anymore.

Logically you're not wrong. I just don't know how much logic plays into anything, anymore.

Yea, I wouldn’t bet on it for sure. He’s seemed to be the exception for every rule in US politics.

Hilliary Clinton versus Donald J Trump is the only ending to 2020 you fuckers deserve; shortly before the asteroid wipes us all out in December.

Make a stand by wasting my vote? No thanks.
That’s the mindset that prevents real change. You think either of these guys is going to be any good? They are terrible choices. I’m not going to be satisfied with the status quo. We can do better.

I don’t think Trump is so much a racist as he is a selfish, craven opportunist. He cares about himself only (making money and exerting his power). If that means playing the racist card here and there to curry favor with bigots, he’s cool with that. But he’d throw them under the bus just as quickly if it was for his benefit. Trump is a truly despicable person. No way should he lead anything.

I'm tired of the double standard. This symbol has been appropriated by the official #BLM movement:
101px-Fist.svg.png

https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/06/enough-cries-change-george-floyds-memorial-service/

Either they're both racist, or neither is. I'm with Tim Scott, I don't care for this pandering, but at the same time, I'm tired of this bullshit. A line must be drawn in the sand. This expectation of a gross, racist double standard has persisted for far too long.
Despite the false equivalence, I can see you're distraught over the horrible injustice of being marginalized as a white male in America, and I sympathize. I think as therapy you should go make a thread about how great Trump is for not supporting the racism that exists within the Black Power crowd. Meanwhile, this thread is about the racism Trump does support.

101px-Fist.svg.png

Off the rails lol

I don’t see how he isn’t getting voted out this year. Everything is piling up and he’s really good at self sabotage. That use to not seem to matter but I think now that he’s been office for a term, people are beginning to expect a certain standard again.
I think his image is more favorable than you might expect, given the alternative. Image is everything this time. Campaigns don't mean much in 2020 like they did in 2000 or 2016. Consider the prospect theory; we might say that a 3rd party candidate has (guessing) a 5% chance to win the election in 2020. Even though our returns would be greater in victory, we don't really feel like our vote is affecting the competition. The odds are too low. We will still vote for one of the two main parties because we are sure that our votes are actually doing something, even when returns in victory are less.

I bring this up because right now, Trump has a lot of ammunition; he will get more independents, as will Democrats, as defined by the prospect theory. If we take inventory of the last 4 years, he can point to Russiagate, he can point to Michael Flynn, he can point to the riots and he can go all the way back to that Congresswoman telling a crowd to run Trump supporters out of town if they see them in a restaurant. He can point to the utter hypocrisy and flip-flopping that comes from the likes of his harshest critics like Mayor Whitmer in Michigan, or even his opponent, Joe Biden. He can point to calls for 2nd amendment restrictions beyond what his own admin has enacted. He can point to the Democratic Speaker and say that she is a completely out of touch partisan, and he's not wrong. He can say that he's going to protect digital privacy from our government and have a huge mandate that entails him railing against Democrats (which he has failed to do...).

As you said, he presents a low standard of statesmanship. He is a weak president in that he has terrible instincts and even I could articulate ideas more clearly. But it doesn't really matter. What matters is that he maintains his image to be congruent with that that is presented on his supporters' sources of news and information. We turn to pro-attitudinal sources now more than ever in the Fragmented Media era with an abundance of choice. If he deviates from his imagery on Fox News, LWC, etc., he will likely fail to get their support. This is where news media becomes powerful. What I do find impressive is his ability to prime his image and frame negative coverage in a way that becomes a selling-point. In this sense, his prospects are better than you might be acknowledging.

@Lead
Another thing to consider. Clinton cancelled a campaign stop in Green Bay on June 12th, 2016, after the Pulse shooting in Orlando. Within a month, Trump came within 2.9pts of her lead - the closest he would come as a candidate for the rest of the election. Then he flipped Michigan for the first time since 1992 and Wisconsin for the first time since 1988. He dropped back down in the polls before election day, but that was an example of how a failure to engage with your target audience has hampered candidates recently. If he continues to hold rallies while Biden does not, it may not resonate in the polls, but it is likely to have an effect on voting day.

Back