1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by M3t4tr0n, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Lead /Led/ like the panda Staff Member Senior Moderator

There was a day he had his lawyers arguing handing over his tax return and financial would be too much of a burden. Meanwhile, he was sending a handful of tweets that morning about random shit. He gets excused for anything and everything. I know liberals hate him sometimes father than what actually happened but it isn’t far off in general. He acts like a child and that’s somehow good for the office. It’s garbage.

M3t4tr0n, Gandhi, Covfefe 19 and 3 others like this.
  2. Voodoo_Child906 Black Belt

The members that express "Black Power" as a defense against racial oppression are not racist, the ones that go further and express black superiority certainly are racist.

Strychnine likes this.
  3. Lead /Led/ like the panda Staff Member Senior Moderator

Clinton largely tries to just avoid press and coast to a win which didn’t work out. I actually think Biden may be able to do that this year because of COVID.

Covfefe 19 and AnGrYcRoW like this.
  4. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

I mean if that happened he could drop out , not sure who would replace him but that might not be so bad , as long as it wasn't too close to the election ....

5. HankScorpio Purple Belt

Logically you're not wrong. I just don't know how much logic plays into anything, anymore.

Lead likes this.
  6. Lead /Led/ like the panda Staff Member Senior Moderator

Yea, I wouldn’t bet on it for sure. He’s seemed to be the exception for every rule in US politics.

HankScorpio likes this.
  7. A Lurker Purple Belt

Hiilldawg <{jackyeah}>

8. A Lurker Purple Belt

Hilliary Clinton versus Donald J Trump is the only ending to 2020 you fuckers deserve; shortly before the asteroid wipes us all out in December.

Deffid likes this.
  9. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

<Moyes5><Prem973>

A Lurker likes this.
  10. A Lurker Purple Belt

As Palpatine once said "It is your destiny"

11. Edison Exotic Excellence of execution belt Platinum Member

I wouldn't be shocked at all by a Biden N-word tape.

Alphafail likes this.
  12. D Train Gold Belt

That’s the mindset that prevents real change. You think either of these guys is going to be any good? They are terrible choices. I’m not going to be satisfied with the status quo. We can do better.

13. bigkick Brown Belt

I don’t think Trump is so much a racist as he is a selfish, craven opportunist. He cares about himself only (making money and exerting his power). If that means playing the racist card here and there to curry favor with bigots, he’s cool with that. But he’d throw them under the bus just as quickly if it was for his benefit. Trump is a truly despicable person. No way should he lead anything.

WalkenWouldOwn likes this.
  14. HereticBD Titanium Belt

<{jackyeah}>

A Lurker and Edison Exotic like this.
  15. sickc0d3r Red Belt

Despite the false equivalence, I can see you're distraught over the horrible injustice of being marginalized as a white male in America, and I sympathize. I think as therapy you should go make a thread about how great Trump is for not supporting the racism that exists within the Black Power crowd. Meanwhile, this thread is about the racism Trump does support.

Gandhi, Jballer, M3t4tr0n and 2 others like this.
  16. fingercuffs raw sandwich lover Platinum Member

I would be so fucking embarrassed if I was a Trump supporter. The white house should tape socks on his hands. Fucking idiot.

17. Born in the USA Redacted

Off the rails lol

18. rambosabeast Purple Belt

I think his image is more favorable than you might expect, given the alternative. Image is everything this time. Campaigns don't mean much in 2020 like they did in 2000 or 2016. Consider the prospect theory; we might say that a 3rd party candidate has (guessing) a 5% chance to win the election in 2020. Even though our returns would be greater in victory, we don't really feel like our vote is affecting the competition. The odds are too low. We will still vote for one of the two main parties because we are sure that our votes are actually doing something, even when returns in victory are less.

I bring this up because right now, Trump has a lot of ammunition; he will get more independents, as will Democrats, as defined by the prospect theory. If we take inventory of the last 4 years, he can point to Russiagate, he can point to Michael Flynn, he can point to the riots and he can go all the way back to that Congresswoman telling a crowd to run Trump supporters out of town if they see them in a restaurant. He can point to the utter hypocrisy and flip-flopping that comes from the likes of his harshest critics like Mayor Whitmer in Michigan, or even his opponent, Joe Biden. He can point to calls for 2nd amendment restrictions beyond what his own admin has enacted. He can point to the Democratic Speaker and say that she is a completely out of touch partisan, and he's not wrong. He can say that he's going to protect digital privacy from our government and have a huge mandate that entails him railing against Democrats (which he has failed to do...).

As you said, he presents a low standard of statesmanship. He is a weak president in that he has terrible instincts and even I could articulate ideas more clearly. But it doesn't really matter. What matters is that he maintains his image to be congruent with that that is presented on his supporters' sources of news and information. We turn to pro-attitudinal sources now more than ever in the Fragmented Media era with an abundance of choice. If he deviates from his imagery on Fox News, LWC, etc., he will likely fail to get their support. This is where news media becomes powerful. What I do find impressive is his ability to prime his image and frame negative coverage in a way that becomes a selling-point. In this sense, his prospects are better than you might be acknowledging.

19. rambosabeast Purple Belt

@Lead
    Another thing to consider. Clinton cancelled a campaign stop in Green Bay on June 12th, 2016, after the Pulse shooting in Orlando. Within a month, Trump came within 2.9pts of her lead - the closest he would come as a candidate for the rest of the election. Then he flipped Michigan for the first time since 1992 and Wisconsin for the first time since 1988. He dropped back down in the polls before election day, but that was an example of how a failure to engage with your target audience has hampered candidates recently. If he continues to hold rallies while Biden does not, it may not resonate in the polls, but it is likely to have an effect on voting day.

20. A Lurker Purple Belt

Clown shoes