Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

He's no genius, except when it comes to self promotion and working a crowd. A couple hundred years ago he would have been selling snake oil at carnivals and today he's a WWE personality. The guy has gifts, but they don't transfer into an arena that demands decorum, dealing with checks and balances or roadblocks.

Someone described him to me as a bombastic, shit taking New Yorker. Add to that the silver spoon he was born with and the guy is, well, something else.

I think he's an elitist with a huge ego who hates being challenged, sucks at communication because he's only concerned with being right, while dealing with bouts of insecurity.

Then again, what do I know. I'm just a tradesman.
Trump is a malignant narcissist who was elected President of the US so it's like throwing gas on a fire. Being a narcissist of course can be advantageous in a capitalist society, Trump is the unfortunate product of the worst case scenario. The irony that his sycophantic base is largely comprised of working class is tragic, but of course he is cunning enough to use racism to his benefit.

TDS pre-4th of July message:

Fuck Trump and fuck his supporters

I love the idea that he could have been the casual president who tweeted memes and hung out eating fast food and blogging about an episode of real housewives but he decided to touch all the policy and fight everyone

I'm tired of the double standard. This symbol has been appropriated by the official #BLM movement:
101px-Fist.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Power
"Black Power" expresses a range of political goals, from defense against racial oppression, to the establishment of social institutions and a self-sufficient economy, including black-owned bookstores, cooperatives, farms, and media.[6][7][8][9] However, the movement has been criticized for alienating itself from the mainstream civil rights movement, for its apparent support of racial segregation, and for constituting black superiority over other races.[10][11]

It is also regularly chanted by protesters:
https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/06/enough-cries-change-george-floyds-memorial-service/
wo lines of about 100 people each formed outside the church, CBS Raleigh affiliate WNCN reported. When the hearse bearing Floyd’s coffin arrived, chants of “Black Power,” “George Floyd” and “no justice, no peace,” echoed from beneath the covered entrance.

Either they're both racist, or neither is. I'm with Tim Scott, I don't care for this pandering, but at the same time, I'm tired of this bullshit. A line must be drawn in the sand. This expectation of a gross, racist double standard has persisted for far too long.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/politics/trump-tweet-supporters-man-chants-white-power/index.html

"(CNN)President Donald Trump on Sunday widely shared a video he said is from the Villages, a retirement community in Florida, in which a man driving a golf cart with Trump campaign posters is seen chanting "white power."

The President retweeted the video that showed the community's Trump supporters and anti-Trump protesters arguing with one another. The President thanked the "great people" shown in the video."

Do you think he actually watches or really looks at these things before he retweets them? Should Twitter ban his account? He really knows how to fan the flames...
The guy said "white power!" within the first fifteen seconds, so...

I'm tired of the double standard. This symbol has been appropriated by the official #BLM movement:
101px-Fist.svg.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Power

It is also regularly chanted by protesters:
https://www.wbtv.com/2020/06/06/enough-cries-change-george-floyds-memorial-service/

Either they're both racist, or neither is. I'm with Tim Scott, I don't care for this pandering, but at the same time, I'm tired of this bullshit. A line must be drawn in the sand. This expectation of a gross, racist double standard has persisted for far too long.

this is the president of the united states we are talking about. the president has got to uphold a much higher standard in word and deed than some idiots on the street protesting.

i don't get how you guys don't see this.

One thing this will cause is further demonstrations and problems. A cynic could call it calculated.

This is the most divisive President in modern history; every state should vote him out, a clean sweep.
he is forced to play the medias game
it's the media that tries to overturn the election results and install old power again

Trump either did not even watch the video to begin with or he is seriously stupid. He's losing ground and stuff like this will surely sink him.

The last time I was on here I was talking about the consistencies related to Trump and white supremacy. That was on the "FB Removes Trump ads With Nazi Symbols" thread and now here we are again.

It's almost as if you're a dope. He really just sat back and let Governors decide how to shut down? He didn't try bringing in troops for the riots? He's been checked at every turn since he took office. It took an unprecedented amount of replacements for him to get away with the stuff he's able to now and the longer he stays the worse it will become.

Troops should have been brought in much sooner for the riots, that is one area the governors severely failed. Trump let them show their true colors and I’m thankful for that.

Now people know which side will protect them.

I’m not sure what you are trying to trap me with but what I’m saying is very simple.

I think both should have the right to say what they want, I don’t have to agree with both.

Literally nobody is saying they don’t have the right nor is anyone saying they shouldn’t.

Back