1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by M3t4tr0n, Jun 28, 2020.

1. djacobox372 Gold Belt

Don't forget about:
    [​IMG]

Just because the words match doesn't mean the context is the same.

Jballer, M3t4tr0n, Teen Wolf and 3 others like this.
  2. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Such a predictable, tired, and inexcusable justification of the double standard, when clearly black nationalism was also indefensibly racist by today's hypersensitive parameter, but more importantly, a canned argument that has lazily lost sight of itself.

I highly doubt anyone believes that codger in his cart is an actual KKK member or Neo-Nazi. He's almost certainly just an old white dude who is angry at this absurd double standard of rhetorical racism I just highlighted. He isn't someone who would support a 2/3 Constitutional vote. I'm willing to bet he isn't even pro-segregation.

So, in fact, it isn't a false equivalence. These words have been stripped of their historical heft. To move forward, to truly achieve a colorblind society, to condemn racism where one race is elevated with special priorities above others, the only logical repudiation is a repudiation of neither, or both. Anything less is just racism justified with an excessively elaborate explanation.

3. Fzubek Brown Belt

Whats wrong with saying white power? Or liking a fellow white saying it?

4. AgonyandIrony Gold Belt

<LikeReally5>

FinalFight, weed, Overtures and 2 others like this.
  5. Zazen Brown Belt

We already have power that's why. Look at our government.

I think it is fine to have pride in your race but saying white power is stupid.

6. Milton_Gracie Green Belt

Yeah bruh, because not knowing what the fuck we’re retweeting is the hallmark of American exceptionalism

lowlife likes this.
  7. Joe :l

Its so funny. Republicans say biden is losing it and not all there. Too old. Now are defending trump by saying he can't even comprehend his own posts on twitter.

8. sickc0d3r Red Belt

Yes, predictable. Much like your habit of finding any reason you can think of to excuse or handwave racist behavior for people like the old white dude.

White Power hasn’t lost its heft, it’s always been a rallying cry for white nationalist bigots and nothing more. If anything it’s found new momentum as all the cockroaches scurrying from the shadows are emboldened by our dipshit potus.

9. skysolo Yellow Card Yellow Card

Come on man.

My sig is too big as it is.

10. 1pedestrian Brown Belt

Realistically, if he keeps doing it he will be easily re-elected.

11. freakroor Brown Belt

it’s like how back in the 90’s everyone was saying “girl power”

Gandhi likes this.
  12. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

I am not justifying neo-Nazism. I don't support the "White Power" movement as it historically existed. My point is that I don't believe many who use that term are invoking that history or its movement, and I am frustrated that so few are aware of the pro-segregationist roots of the black nationalist movement, and that many within it also argued black superiority.

My original post was intended to voice solidarity with Tim Scott in condemning the rebroadcasting of the video, but to also highlight the hypocrisy of these historical truths.

13. Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

So black power should be viewed through its apparent segregationist roots, despite the obvious mainstream definition (empowerment to achieve equality), while we should assume that those using the term white power are unaware of what is historical roots are and what the mainstream definition is? It’s a slogan used by nazis and skinheads and only the willfully ignorant would not know that.

14. skold Black Belt

The racists (one being a fucking mod) now defending/excusing "white power" chant is a new low for Sherdog...

Whats next? "Why is KKK so offensive? It's just 3 letters bro, are you triggered by the AAA too?" Before we know it, they'll be excusing sieg heil...

You morons are an actual brainwashed cult at this stage, with no semblance of credibility left, just deity worship

15. skold Black Belt

Oh and on a side note, literally ANY OTHER PRESIDENT in modern US history would've been crucified for retweeting racist shit like this. Trump gets the "special needs kid in primary school" treatment where he gets a pass for showing up and not soiling himself.

And these people screech about affirmative action....

16. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

How on earth do you arrive at this-- that I am advocating to hypocritically favor the slogan "white power"? My invective is aimed against hypocrisy; against selective favoritism or stigma of radical slogans.

You're the one unevenly treating them according to your subjective interpretation of "mainstream" connotation despite that I just afforded you a mainstream (i.e. Wiki) historical summary that points to black power's break with the mainstream civil rights movement seeking equality when it was adopted most vociferously by more radical groups advocating for segregation, and even alarming ideas like black superiority. These "black nationalist" ideas were embraced by more radical groups like the Black Panthers; ironically, the very group whose six-point plan was used as the foundation by groups like #BLM and the M4BL when they coalesced, and created their own official political platform with a list of demands. I reject both black nationalism and white nationalism. I don't understand why that is construed as remotely controversial.

If you read my original post I confirm solidarity with Tim Scott on the matter of the Trump's Tweet. My larger point was that they should be both be condemned. Both should be stigmatized. Yet only one is, and that's a problem, because unavoidably due to the perfect balance of the language itself, this will continue to feed an ever-widening racial bias imbued in the very treatment of speech, and speech has power; otherwise the First Amendment wouldn't be the First Amendment. The point of policing racially charged language is to preemptively deter ultimately violent behavior; usually in the most vulnerable individuals predisposed to violence and mental illness. It's also to prevent the unequal mistreatment of citizens in their everyday lives and livelihoods by curbing a mob mentality before it swells to uncontrollable levels.

We have already witnessed a widespread social failure in this regard by mismanagement of #BLM's rhetoric. I saw in another thread these protests have seen 24 murdered, and yet many casually brush this off as inevitable, acceptable collateral towards their political goals by asserting the protests are, "mostly peaceful". Well, the police mostly don't shoot anyone.

We've seen it in the deranged firing of Grant Napear who didn't say anything controversial or negative on his personal Twitter, and only did so when he was prompted to offer his opinion. I'm fully aware of the sociological arguments about the insidious strategy of white supremacists to seed seemingly innocuous, race-positive slogans like "white pride" towards their ultimate agenda of white separatism, but while that alarm is valid, these arguments are themselves being insidiously parlayed towards the conglomeration of phrases that have nothing to do with white supremacy or neo-Nazism. Tweeting "#AllLivesMatters" got Napear ousted from his job of over thirty years. That's all it took.

That's outrageous. Because, no, tweeting #ALM, even if you accept it as a repudiation of #BLM, does NOT signify a dangerous equivocation of white supremacist ideals. It affirmatively declares that black lives matter, but also that one isn't persuaded by #BLM politics, or their claims about the inherent racism of police violence, and the police themselves. There's nothing inherently white supremacist about his comment. Conversely, we are witnessing that there is undoubtedly an inherent Marxist character to "black power" chants, and these are often accompanied with calls for institutionalized racism (that's what affirmative action, reparations, and mass pardons based purely on race are....these are all part of their platform).

Napear's isn't an isolated incident. In fact, the Galaxy soccer player and some lawyer in San Francisco were fired when they didn't even say anything personally. Their spouses did. It's simply insane. Another example separate from the protests that has long drawn my ire is the tattoo on Cain Velasquez's chest. After all, if we accept the malicious political connotation of "white pride", then how is "brown pride" okay? Why was that ignored? There was no "brown pride" movement that predated the rise of the "white pride" slogan among racist white supremacists across the globe. Ergo, that tattoo is specifically invoking the same connotations of the white pride movement, but transplanting them to brown skin / Latino heritage. Yet there was no outcry. It was tolerated by corporations, including the UFC, and the same vigilant academics/watchdogs who police hate movements. Yet it was exempted; treated as if it was purely positive despite the undeniable conflation of language.

This makes a mess of everything. Race blind consistency regarding matters of language and rhetoric is the only surefooted, long-term strategy to achieve a stable integrated society. Isn't that the goal?

17. Strychnine Steel Belt

Wow... Talk about tweets not aging well...

18. sickc0d3r Red Belt

You see how you’re doing it again, right? I honestly don’t think you even realize it. I am glad to hear your explanation, though. Sounds earnest and I hope it is.

Anyway, the way I see it there’s a sizable imbalance of power between the groups using these terms. In the majority of cases, especially nowadays, Black Power is about achieving equality. In all cases ever White Power is about denying it.

19. tonni 2019 Snitch of the Year

Let’s be smart and assume they meant what other white nationalists mean when they say white power.

20. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

You are the one who is blind, and lacking self-awareness.

So racism is justified if it's aimed at the dominant group? That's bullshit. Four years ago, during the campaign, there were POC on Facebook hashtagging #BLM who were literally arguing, "I can't be racist because I'm a person of color, and don't control the institutions of power."

This is Marxist nonsense. That redefines racism according to what suits the interests of a radical political ideology. They have bamboozled you into accepting literal institutional racism on the grounds that it is justified according to their political theories. This is the precise rationale Reddit just forwarded when changing their ToS regarding hate speech. They have codified the acceptability of hating whites or other groups based purely on their plural majority, or their perceived political dominance.

This is absurdly bigoted. Not only does this redefine the concept of racism itself, but it does so untenably. After all, where does one limit the sphere of power? In places like New Orleans blacks make up the majority of elected officials. In cities like Atlanta they make up the majority of the citizenry. So is it acceptable to issue hateful rhetoric against blacks so long as you qualify those groups as the specific object inspiring your hate speech?

I understand why we roundly condemn and stigmatize white supremacists. What I don't understand is why it's so hard to for so many people to understand it's virtuous to do the same to racists of every variety.

AgentSmecker likes this.