Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

The racists (one being a fucking mod) now defending/excusing "white power" chant is a new low for Sherdog...

Whats next? "Why is KKK so offensive? It's just 3 letters bro, are you triggered by the AAA too?" Before we know it, they'll be excusing sieg heil...

You morons are an actual brainwashed cult at this stage, with no semblance of credibility left, just deity worship

But Racism no longer exists I was told.

If Biden were to win the office and a change came to those mass incarceration policies, he would sign it into law.

President Trump would not.

The choice is simple.

Oh so the 8 years he was VP he was just powerless to help anyone is that it? Oh him and Obama were just unable to do anything about the polices they enacted, gotcha. He’s been in the senate since the 1970’s and has done squat for the black community. Just another democrat slave owner, the party of slavery, your hero’s.

To me it looks like the guy saying White Power isn't being series. He was getting screamed at and called a Nazi and a racist by a bunch of lunatics and appeared to be mocking them. The interaction is at the start of this video.

@M3t4tr0n why don't you embed the video in the OP? The link you posted is broken.

Did you just make a reasonable observation, how dare you!

How on earth do you arrive at this-- that I am advocating to hypocritically favor the slogan "white power"? My invective is aimed against hypocrisy; against selective favoritism or stigma of radical slogans.

You're the one unevenly treating them according to your subjective interpretation of "mainstream" connotation despite that I just afforded you a mainstream (i.e. Wiki) historical summary that points to black power's break with the mainstream civil rights movement seeking equality when it was adopted most vociferously by more radical groups advocating for segregation, and even alarming ideas like black superiority. These "black nationalist" ideas were embraced by more radical groups like the Black Panthers; ironically, the very group whose six-point plan was used as the foundation by groups like #BLM and the M4BL when they coalesced, and created their own official political platform with a list of demands. I reject both black nationalism and white nationalism. I don't understand why that is construed as remotely controversial.

If you read my original post I confirm solidarity with Tim Scott on the matter of the Trump's Tweet. My larger point was that they should be both be condemned. Both should be stigmatized. Yet only one is, and that's a problem, because unavoidably due to the perfect balance of the language itself, this will continue to feed an ever-widening racial bias imbued in the very treatment of speech, and speech has power; otherwise the First Amendment wouldn't be the First Amendment. The point of policing racially charged language is to preemptively deter ultimately violent behavior; usually in the most vulnerable individuals predisposed to violence and mental illness. It's also to prevent the unequal mistreatment of citizens in their everyday lives and livelihoods by curbing a mob mentality before it swells to uncontrollable levels.

We have already witnessed a widespread social failure in this regard by mismanagement of #BLM's rhetoric. I saw in another thread these protests have seen 24 murdered, and yet many casually brush this off as inevitable, acceptable collateral towards their political goals by asserting the protests are, "mostly peaceful". Well, the police mostly don't shoot anyone.

We've seen it in the deranged firing of Grant Napear who didn't say anything controversial or negative on his personal Twitter, and only did so when he was prompted to offer his opinion. I'm fully aware of the sociological arguments about the insidious strategy of white supremacists to seed seemingly innocuous, race-positive slogans like "white pride" towards their ultimate agenda of white separatism, but while that alarm is valid, these arguments are themselves being insidiously parlayed towards the conglomeration of phrases that have nothing to do with white supremacy or neo-Nazism. Tweeting "#AllLivesMatters" got Napear ousted from his job of over thirty years. That's all it took.

That's outrageous. Because, no, tweeting #ALM, even if you accept it as a repudiation of #BLM, does NOT signify a dangerous equivocation of white supremacist ideals. It affirmatively declares that black lives matter, but also that one isn't persuaded by #BLM politics, or their claims about the inherent racism of police violence, and the police themselves. There's nothing inherently white supremacist about his comment. Conversely, we are witnessing that there is undoubtedly an inherent Marxist character to "black power" chants, and these are often accompanied with calls for institutionalized racism (that's what affirmative action, reparations, and mass pardons based purely on race are....these are all part of their platform).

Napear's isn't an isolated incident. In fact, the Galaxy soccer player and some lawyer in San Francisco were fired when they didn't even say anything personally. Their spouses did. It's simply insane. Another example separate from the protests that has long drawn my ire is the tattoo on Cain Velasquez's chest. After all, if we accept the malicious political connotation of "white pride", then how is "brown pride" okay? Why was that ignored? There was no "brown pride" movement that predated the rise of the "white pride" slogan among racist white supremacists across the globe. Ergo, that tattoo is specifically invoking the same connotations of the white pride movement, but transplanting them to brown skin / Latino heritage. Yet there was no outcry. It was tolerated by corporations, including the UFC, and the same vigilant academics/watchdogs who police hate movements. Yet it was exempted; treated as if it was purely positive despite the undeniable conflation of language.

This makes a mess of everything. Race blind consistency regarding matters of language and rhetoric is the only surefooted, long-term strategy to achieve a stable integrated society. Isn't that the goal?

I arrive at it by reading your words. “Grandpa certainly does not belief in 2/3s, I bet he is not even a segregationist, most of these guys don’t know what it means, etc.”.

This is combined with you picking and choosing from the BP movement, when it’s well known that it covered a range of thought from the more toxic segregation to simple social empowerment and that the term was used by many in the civil rights movement which was intertwined with the BP movement. Given what existed at the time the term came into existence, comparing even its most extreme forms to white supremacy / segregation is simply devoid of historical nuance.

You are softening one and hardening another to arrive at a false equivalence. White Power is not innocuous, it’s as blatant as seg heil. I get / appreciate the color blind approach but at the end of the day its history blind as well. Cultural pride based on race for a group that has no other source because it was striped by slavery is not the same as cultural pride based on race for a group that has other sources and has used the racial pride for one specific purposes historically, to motivate domination. Based on the above we can see where brown pride lies, maybe that would have a been a bit better place to draw your line in the sand.

Your color blind society does not exist and installing pride in black people has been an effective way to motivate these communities to enact positive change, i.e. we have back history month, black studies classes in high school, because every other month is white history month. These arguments are not novel. The idea that every time we see something with the term “black” in front of it, we should just be able to in a neutral fashion stick “white” in front of it, to be blunt, is asinine. In short, these two terms are not the same, and equivocating them in order to draw a line in the sand is not going achieve anything but provide cover for WP.

Oh so the 8 years he was VP he was just powerless to help anyone is that it? Oh him and Obama were just unable to do anything about the polices they enacted, gotcha. He’s been in the senate since the 1970’s and has done squat for the black community. Just another democrat slave owner, the party of slavery, your hero’s.

When the Obama administration was in power the main focus was the ACA. That got passed and if you look at it now since the start of pandemic there have been 400K+ people enrolling in it. Not a bad idea IMHO.

After the GOP won power in Congress, President Obama was stonewalled at every turn so he actually couldn't get anything done as this was the GOP's playbook.

The President sets the tone for his policies. Now that V.P. Biden has seen what could've been done better, I believe that he would be more open to being progressive (see what I did there) than Pres. Trump ever would.

The choice is simple for me.

(Oh and it's HEROES not HERO'S) ;)

Last edited:
The racists (one being a fucking mod) now defending/excusing "white power" chant is a new low for Sherdog...

Whats next? "Why is KKK so offensive? It's just 3 letters bro, are you triggered by the AAA too?" Before we know it, they'll be excusing sieg heil...

You morons are an actual brainwashed cult at this stage, with no semblance of credibility left, just deity worship
You talking about that MadMick guy? It is pretty disheartening reading some of the replies in here. Fortunately for me though I've lived in Tx most of my life and am very familiar with casual/subtle racism.

Yeah this thread is way too long for me. Lol

Two cents: Any mature and informed adult should know how much hate the phrase “white power” carries.

And if they do not or think it wise to use the phrase lightly, then they deserve what’s coming to them.

It’s a stretch to justify this man’s actions and Trump retweeting it certainly isn’t helping him any, either.

We already have power that's why. Look at our government.

I think it is fine to have pride in your race but saying white power is stupid.
Why not more power?

You are the one who is blind, and lacking self-awareness.

So racism is justified if it's aimed at the dominant group? That's bullshit. Four years ago, during the campaign, there were POC on Facebook hashtagging #BLM who were literally arguing, "I can't be racist because I'm a person of color, and don't control the institutions of power."
Show me where I said any kind of racism is justified. A race of people that are the victims of injustice demanding to be heard and treated fairly is not racism.

This is Marxist nonsense. That redefines racism according to what suits the interests of a radical political ideology. They have bamboozled you into accepting literal institutional racism on the grounds that it is justified according to their political theories. This is the precise rationale Reddit just forwarded when changing their ToS regarding hate speech. They have codified the acceptability of hating whites or other groups based purely on their plural majority, or their perceived political dominance.

This is absurdly bigoted. Not only does this redefine the concept of racism itself, but it does so untenably. After all, where does one limit the sphere of power? In places like New Orleans blacks make up the majority of elected officials. In cities like Atlanta they make up the majority of the citizenry. So is it acceptable to issue hateful rhetoric against blacks so long as you qualify those groups as the specific object inspiring your hate speech?

I understand why we roundly condemn and stigmatize white supremacists. What I don't understand is why it's so hard to for so many people to understand it's virtuous to do the same to racists of every variety.
JFC, you with the Marxist stuff... sorry, imbalances of power, context, and the goals of any political movement are all directly related to how it should be defined. Who's created a policy of hating whites, now? Reddit? I have no idea why you're comparing a business like Reddit to American cities, nor do I know what Reddit did or didn't do. Obviously, openly hating or treating any race unfairly is unacceptable. That's not what is being called for by the majority of the people behind the ongoing protests.

To me it looks like the guy saying White Power isn't being series. He was getting screamed at and called a Nazi and a racist by a bunch of lunatics and appeared to be mocking them. The interaction is at the start of this video.

@M3t4tr0n why don't you embed the video in the OP? The link you posted is broken.

NPR: The rise of white supremacist golf cart attacks
WaPo: right-wing extremist ploughs through peaceful protesters in leisurely vehicle.

Wait, people are actually defending the use of "White power", not just excusing the POTUS's idiocy in retweeting it?

tenor.gif

Back