1. Where did your likes go? Please Read This Thread »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Social Trump Retweets Video With Man Chanting White Power

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by M3t4tr0n, Jun 28, 2020.

1. all caps Gold Belt

What a mark <{Heymansnicker}>

2. ShinkanPo 我敢說我愛你

But Racism no longer exists I was told.

3. ToxicShocker Red Belt

No, you're a ten day old account empty posting

weed, A Lurker and Strychnine like this.
  4. Teen Wolf Baked

Oh fuck off with that bullshit.

5. YourfatherII Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Oh so the 8 years he was VP he was just powerless to help anyone is that it? Oh him and Obama were just unable to do anything about the polices they enacted, gotcha. He’s been in the senate since the 1970’s and has done squat for the black community. Just another democrat slave owner, the party of slavery, your hero’s.

HappyCamper likes this.
  6. YourfatherII Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Did you just make a reasonable observation, how dare you!

Steve-French likes this.
  7. Gandhi War Room Deep State Platinum Member

I arrive at it by reading your words. “Grandpa certainly does not belief in 2/3s, I bet he is not even a segregationist, most of these guys don’t know what it means, etc.”.

This is combined with you picking and choosing from the BP movement, when it’s well known that it covered a range of thought from the more toxic segregation to simple social empowerment and that the term was used by many in the civil rights movement which was intertwined with the BP movement. Given what existed at the time the term came into existence, comparing even its most extreme forms to white supremacy / segregation is simply devoid of historical nuance.

You are softening one and hardening another to arrive at a false equivalence. White Power is not innocuous, it’s as blatant as seg heil. I get / appreciate the color blind approach but at the end of the day its history blind as well. Cultural pride based on race for a group that has no other source because it was striped by slavery is not the same as cultural pride based on race for a group that has other sources and has used the racial pride for one specific purposes historically, to motivate domination. Based on the above we can see where brown pride lies, maybe that would have a been a bit better place to draw your line in the sand.

Your color blind society does not exist and installing pride in black people has been an effective way to motivate these communities to enact positive change, i.e. we have back history month, black studies classes in high school, because every other month is white history month. These arguments are not novel. The idea that every time we see something with the term “black” in front of it, we should just be able to in a neutral fashion stick “white” in front of it, to be blunt, is asinine. In short, these two terms are not the same, and equivocating them in order to draw a line in the sand is not going achieve anything but provide cover for WP.

8. Strychnine Steel Belt

When the Obama administration was in power the main focus was the ACA. That got passed and if you look at it now since the start of pandemic there have been 400K+ people enrolling in it. Not a bad idea IMHO.

After the GOP won power in Congress, President Obama was stonewalled at every turn so he actually couldn't get anything done as this was the GOP's playbook.

The President sets the tone for his policies. Now that V.P. Biden has seen what could've been done better, I believe that he would be more open to being progressive (see what I did there) than Pres. Trump ever would.

The choice is simple for me.

(Oh and it's HEROES not HERO'S) ;)

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  9. lowlife Swangin and Bangin

You talking about that MadMick guy? It is pretty disheartening reading some of the replies in here. Fortunately for me though I've lived in Tx most of my life and am very familiar with casual/subtle racism.

A Lurker likes this.
  10. IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Yeah this thread is way too long for me. Lol

Two cents: Any mature and informed adult should know how much hate the phrase “white power” carries.

And if they do not or think it wise to use the phrase lightly, then they deserve what’s coming to them.

It’s a stretch to justify this man’s actions and Trump retweeting it certainly isn’t helping him any, either.

Gandhi, M3t4tr0n, lowlife and 2 others like this.
  11. Fzubek Brown Belt

Why not more power?

12. sickc0d3r Red Belt

Show me where I said any kind of racism is justified. A race of people that are the victims of injustice demanding to be heard and treated fairly is not racism.

JFC, you with the Marxist stuff... sorry, imbalances of power, context, and the goals of any political movement are all directly related to how it should be defined. Who's created a policy of hating whites, now? Reddit? I have no idea why you're comparing a business like Reddit to American cities, nor do I know what Reddit did or didn't do. Obviously, openly hating or treating any race unfairly is unacceptable. That's not what is being called for by the majority of the people behind the ongoing protests.

13. M3t4tr0n Sheriff of Sherfront

And @Madmick continues to choose the worse hills to die on. Take the advice I gave you last time, do better.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    A Lurker, fizban and all caps like this.
  14. Mike_Tyson_fan36 Orange Belt

How that closeted racist idiot even became mod is beyond me.

A Lurker likes this.
  15. IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

Is that Huey Newton in your av?

16. Milan Purple Belt

NPR: The rise of white supremacist golf cart attacks
    WaPo: right-wing extremist ploughs through peaceful protesters in leisurely vehicle.

Steve-French likes this.
  17. Mike_Tyson_fan36 Orange Belt

Yep.

panamaican likes this.
  18. panamaican Senior Moderator Staff Member Senior Moderator

Wait, people are actually defending the use of "White power", not just excusing the POTUS's idiocy in retweeting it?

[​IMG]

19. IndyCovaHart Gold Belt

I can’t believe it either.

That’s definitely a bridge too far.

Trump Apologist Syndrome.

A Lurker likes this.
  20. Darkballs Black Belt

Yes. A fellow moderator no less.

And some wonder why the war room has gone to shit.

A Lurker likes this.