Law Trump administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes

Actually there has been very few studies pertaining to the health risks of vaping, and its now coming out that it may be just as bad it not worse than actual smoking as new users after just a few years are showing signs of respiratory distress. As for second hand, god only knows.

But yah, I am perfectly okay with this. As a 20 year smoker myself, the fewer people that get hooked on this crap the better.

I'll defer to you on the long-term harm for users. It still doesn't pose any outward threat in the way that intoxicating substances like marijuana, alcohol, and opioids do.

So, the gist is; black market ILLEGAL products are making people sick, so ban everything?

It's more like, concrete blocks hurt feet, so ban tennis shoes.

We're talking about a wholly different category of product here. And people (dumbshit Melania first and foremost) still haven't, or simply don't care to, figure it out.

As someone who was acquainted with this "respiratory epidemic" before it became national news, and who values accuracy, it's really fucking annoying. Look at this thread, for one.

And how many millions of Americans have died due to cigarette-related sicknesses?

Don't worry guys, this is just one of those examples of Trump saying something as a pitch and later does nothing.

Remember how joyful Democrats were when Trump said Immigration reform was on the table?

War Roomers are whining about this?
what in the fuck?

yes, he could also move to ban cigarettes, flavoured alcohol and other destructive vices that involve businesses getting rich off of advertising and peoples weaknesses.... yes, that also would be good. what a cunt for only moving for this one, so far, at this point.

The deaths are brand new and came all at once. And people have been vaping for like a decade.

The deaths have been related to vaping THC-juices.

So, apparently smoking weed is fine, but vaping it can be deadly.

I've been vaping since 2012, the same juices from the same place for 7 years, and I've had zero issues whatsoever.

More feckless stupidity from Trump.

Ivanka cried over some photos and he bombed Syria.

Melania doesn't like vaping or whatever the hell it's called and so he wants to ban it like a retard.

Last edited:
Smoking may be disgusting and unhealthy (and vaping isn't much better), but I'm against government force to stop use.

More stupidity from Trump.

Ivanka cried over some photos and he made a pointless bombing in Syria.

Melania doesn't like vaping or whatever the hell it's called and so he wants to ban it like a retard.

They aren't banning it. Just the flavors

I think this is a great idea. These things are targeted to kids and have also been advertised as a healthy alternative to cigarettes(https://www.popsci.com/juul-illegal-marketing-vaping-fda-warning/). It's almost starting to look like they are actually worse than cigarettes. On a more personal level I hate how everyone thinks it's ok to blow this shit in your face just because it cherry flavored or something. Fucking disgusting.
Trump administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes
https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/politics/donald-trump-vape-e-cigarette-flavors/index.html

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that the US Food and Drug Administration would be putting out "some very strong recommendations" regarding the use of flavored e-cigarettes in "a couple of weeks."

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, seated in the Oval Office with the President, first lady Melania Trump and the acting commissioner of the FDA, announced that newly proposed enforcement policy would require flavored e-cigarette companies to take their products off the market.
"It'll take several weeks for us to put out the final guidance that will announce all the parameters around the enforcement policy, and then there will likely be about a 30-day delay to effective date, as is customary," Azar said. But "at that point all flavored e-cigarettes other than tobacco flavor would have to be removed from the market."

Melania Trump tweets concerns over e-cigarettes

By May 20, he said, e-cigarette companies making tobacco-flavored products would have the chance to file for approval by the FDA. At that time, flavored-product manufacturers would also have the opportunity to file, but their products would be off the market until approved.
A sixth person in the United States has died from lung disease related to vaping, Kansas health officials said Tuesday.
The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the FDA and state health departments have been investigating this outbreak. Health officials say they haven't found a definitive cause or a clear connection between cases, but some are zeroing in on potential clues.
As of Friday, there have been more than 450 possible cases of lung illness associated with using e-cigarettes reported to the CDC across 33 states and the US Virgin Islands. The numbers have been changing frequently.
The first lady, whose "Be Best" platform focuses in part on children's health and combating addiction, has spoken out more than once over her concerns over e-cigarette use by children.
"I am deeply concerned about the growing epidemic of e-cigarette use in our children. We need to do all we can to protect the public from tobacco-related disease and death, and prevent e-cigarettes from becoming an on-ramp to nicotine addiction for a generation of youth," she tweeted earlier this week.
CNN's Kate Bennett contributed to this report.
Good news. This is one of the best things that a Trump gov. agency has done so far, imo— possibly THE best. I think it will end up saving a lot of lives (and health insurance dollars).

Good job.

Good idea. I wonder how they're gonna fuck it up.

I'd be down for that too, but it would end up just like weed is now. So it's probably just best to continue what they are doing with the PSA and stuff. It's worked pretty well in reducing newer generations from smoking cigarettes.

I would like to see education on drugs something resembling Portugal. I've always thought stuff like DARE and those TRUTH commercials did more harm than good because they tried to be hip, and fed you horseshit you saw through. Portugal's education on smoking and other drugs starts early, but is simple education, none of the propaganda shit.

i thought it was a fair thing to ban cigarette companies from using cartoon and other imagery was targeted marketing to kids.

this is more ambiguous. people like flavors.

Retarded. I choose Freedom over banning. Fuck Trump on this one.

Weed isn't being mass produced by mega corporations and filled with chemicals that include cancer inducing carcinogens and create a stronger addiction.

Weed isn’t YET produced by mega corporations, but when it is legalized it will be, and they’ll pump it full of the 700+ extra chemicals that cigarette makers do now. Inhaling anything that isn’t air into your lungs all day, every day is a bad idea, doesn’t matter if it’s vapor, or smoke it’s not going to be good.

But the question I’ve always had is how big of a difference for peoples health would it be if they didn’t pump cigarettes full of chemical BS?

I present odorless weed

https://greencamp.com/tired-of-smelly-pot-first-ever-odourless-cannabis-announced/

The deaths are brand new and came all at once. And people have been vaping for like a decade.

Wtf is this shit. My thc vape pen is fantastic for car trips and hiking and concerts and camping or bicycling. Basically great for any outside of home activity.

Why are they so agains this but won’t stop the big pharmaceutical opioid crisis which kills 70,000 a year. Or ban fentanyl.

I never trust the motives. Smokers are independent minded people, does that strike fear in some?
I liked the vape pen when I tried it. Great for long drives in the car. But the tobacco version might not be great for kids

Back