Law Trump administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Headkicktoleg, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

I think this is a great idea. These things are targeted to kids and have also been advertised as a healthy alternative to cigarettes(https://www.popsci.com/juul-illegal-marketing-vaping-fda-warning/). It's almost starting to look like they are actually worse than cigarettes. On a more personal level I hate how everyone thinks it's ok to blow this shit in your face just because it cherry flavored or something. Fucking disgusting.
    Trump administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/11/politics/donald-trump-vape-e-cigarette-flavors/index.html

President Donald Trump said Wednesday that the US Food and Drug Administration would be putting out "some very strong recommendations" regarding the use of flavored e-cigarettes in "a couple of weeks."

Health and Human Services Secretary Alex Azar, seated in the Oval Office with the President, first lady Melania Trump and the acting commissioner of the FDA, announced that newly proposed enforcement policy would require flavored e-cigarette companies to take their products off the market.
    "It'll take several weeks for us to put out the final guidance that will announce all the parameters around the enforcement policy, and then there will likely be about a 30-day delay to effective date, as is customary," Azar said. But "at that point all flavored e-cigarettes other than tobacco flavor would have to be removed from the market."
    [​IMG]

Melania Trump tweets concerns over e-cigarettes

By May 20, he said, e-cigarette companies making tobacco-flavored products would have the chance to file for approval by the FDA. At that time, flavored-product manufacturers would also have the opportunity to file, but their products would be off the market until approved.
    A sixth person in the United States has died from lung disease related to vaping, Kansas health officials said Tuesday.
    The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the FDA and state health departments have been investigating this outbreak. Health officials say they haven't found a definitive cause or a clear connection between cases, but some are zeroing in on potential clues.
    As of Friday, there have been more than 450 possible cases of lung illness associated with using e-cigarettes reported to the CDC across 33 states and the US Virgin Islands. The numbers have been changing frequently.
    The first lady, whose "Be Best" platform focuses in part on children's health and combating addiction, has spoken out more than once over her concerns over e-cigarette use by children.
    "I am deeply concerned about the growing epidemic of e-cigarette use in our children. We need to do all we can to protect the public from tobacco-related disease and death, and prevent e-cigarettes from becoming an on-ramp to nicotine addiction for a generation of youth," she tweeted earlier this week.
    CNN's Kate Bennett contributed to this report.

HeLLMuTT, ookii, luckyshot and 3 others like this.
  2. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

They're going to write it in a way that fucks people that smoke stuff like Drew Estate Java or the CAO flavored cigars. Which given the price of those things ($10 a stick for some) no teenager would fucking buy.

@Falsedawn @Fawlty

I guarantee Altria will have a hand in writing this shit so they can keep making shit and no one else can.

3. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Platinum Member

Ok, now what about actual cigarettes?

Sano, Kuggk, Job Interview and 14 others like this.
  4. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

I'd be down for that too, but it would end up just like weed is now. So it's probably just best to continue what they are doing with the PSA and stuff. It's worked pretty well in reducing newer generations from smoking cigarettes.

5. PolishHeadlock2

PolishHeadlock2 Absolutley Haram Platinum Member

The 5thyear Instagram account is about to lose a lot of material

LogicalInsanity, IGIT and Gregolian like this.
  6. My2Cents

My2Cents Brown Belt

Vaping is gay anyway

7. HARRISON_3

HARRISON_3 Gold Belt

Good, cuz they're gay af.

8. Scerpi

Scerpi Black Belt

meh... Sounds like great population control to me

9. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

RussianBadger is a YouTube guy that plays Rainbow Six Siege a ton where one of his buddies is always vaping and cracking jokes about popcorn lung.

10. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

Must protect big tobacco at all costs Thank you for looking out for our safety daddy government

11. Rational Poster

Rational Poster War Room Messiah Platinum Member

Weed isn't being mass produced by mega corporations and filled with chemicals that include cancer inducing carcinogens and create a stronger addiction.

12. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

You dont want to ban flavored tobacco?
    You must hate the children

Sano, Kuggk and Cid like this.
  13. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

Going to be a lot of angry neckbeards of this.

S Class, Riptide, Paradigm and 3 others like this.
  14. Trotsky

Trotsky Gold Belt

Small government ftw banning things that do not pose any risk to persons other than those using them. Maybe next we can ban Boones Farm and Mike's Hards. After all, they appeal to kids, alcohol causes more death than electronic nicotine delivery sticks, and drunk driving causes thousands of deaths a year.

Meh, at least he's proposing something that actually seems to be a good faith attempt to improve the country.

15. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

Disavow. Right after I just got done explaining why I support him too. Tsk.

We don’t need anymore “bans” on stupid behavior. Smoking is unhealthy. Everyone knows it. They smoke anyway. Now, assuming research shows that vaping is unhealthy (and I’d need to see some real convincing evidence), people should know about it. They will still vape. In a free society, people will always choose to do stupid and unhealthy activities. That’s something we just have to deal with. Here’s an idea for parents: don’t let your kids vape. Teach them to have healthier habits.

I will also point out that vaping / e-cigarettes threaten the profits of a very large and powerful industry. The tobacco industry is not above funding a “crisis campaign” against their competitors. I would not be surprised to see Phillip-Morris behind the funding of anti-vaping studies. Just a thought, before we rush to ban the latest incarnation of Satan.

16. tonni

tonni Silver Belt

Time to band candy and alcohol imo

Dr J, Phisher, Blandnuts and 4 others like this.
  17. Hungry Joe

Hungry Joe Green Belt

Kids aren't vaping cuz it tastes good. Kids smoked regular horribly tasing cough inducing cigarettes forever because they think it makes them look cool. Not tasting like dirt is just a bonus. I think the way they market them should be watched and harsh punishments for anyone who is providing kids with this stuff is the answer.

18. floivanus

floivanus Purple Belt

Just being flavored doesn’t mean it’s “targeted at kids” the biggest market for flavored cigars is women; but the vaping crap foes back to freedom, people should be able to do it, however and whenever they want

GuanoApes and Gregolian like this.
  19. Cunningham

Cunningham Yellow Card Yellow Card

Vaping is disgusting and people who do it always try to do it indoors and then try to lawyer their way out of it when you tell them to take it outside.

S Class, Fugazy and Headkicktoleg like this.
  20. Falsedawn

Falsedawn Realest Negus Alive Platinum Member

Gotta love the useful idiot in the OP spreading propaganda lol.

Throttlehead, Fawlty and Gregolian like this.