Law Trump administration moves to ban flavored e-cigarettes

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Headkicktoleg, Sep 11, 2019.

1. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

I think the main thing is to ban products designed to appeal to children.

2. LangfordBarrow

LangfordBarrow StickAndMove Platinum Member

Or ban processed foods and add a 50% tariff if you supersize your meal. :D

tonni likes this.
  3. Fawlty

Fawlty Moving toward your mother

Plenty of tobacco variant flavors appeal to teens, too. E-juice makers have come up with lots of very smooth, pleasant "tobacco" flavors. Plus, it's not like the juice base comes out of the lab tasting like cigarettes. That's all flavor too. I guess adult consumers aren't allowed to have stuff that tastes good, or something?

4. rearnakedchoke

rearnakedchoke Suck it!

Seems like a good move. Low hanging fruit. There is a tobacco lobby, alcohol etc. Get it done now before the flavoured vape lobby establishes itself.

5. Fawlty

Why?

Seriously, what is the reason to ban it?

floivanus likes this.
  6. ElKarlo

ElKarlo Steel Belt

Apparently people dying and the other such serious problems are cussed by people using vitamin E to vape pot. Now the FDA is cracking down and going nuts on them.

7. Oliver Clothesoff

Oliver Clothesoff Brown Belt Platinum Member

I don't like the carve out for Tobacco flavored Vapes. What this essentially does, is leave the ONLY option for vaping as Tobacco which doesn't help people addicted to cigarettes get off them. This reeks of picking winners and I think taking away all non Tobacco alternatives to smoking only exacerbates the nicotine addiction problem. rather than giving smokers a nicotine free alternative.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    floivanus likes this.
  8. JamesRussler

JamesRussler You can call me Jimmy

No, fuck that. Ban it for kids, but the rationale that it might "appeal to children" is straight up nanny state bullshit.

9. rearnakedchoke

rearnakedchoke Suck it!

I only see kids smoking that flavoured stuff. I dont think the research is out there yet to show the dangers of vaping. Let the manufacturers come back in a few years with research they have paid for to show there are no effects. I think they are looking at banning flavoured tobacco here in canada. Again, no issues with that.

Fawlty likes this.
  10. Fawlty

If it was a new product I'd be okay with it having to go through an approval process, but I've been using them for more than 10 years, back when you had to order parts from China. Not that my own use or the testimony of people is a substitute for real research and regulation. There are lots of new chemical compounds created by vaporizing flavor combos, and lots of these flavor ingredients have only been tested for cooking, not vaporizing (at least until recently).

rearnakedchoke likes this.
  11. Sketch

Sketch ?.?.?.?.?.?

10 years? We have an expert here, and I mean that. Inhale nice and deep and hold it for a couple seconds on every toke. This is to maximize your experience.

12. ElKarlo

ElKarlo Steel Belt

Ok this jives with what I've heard as well. It's BS and people buying shady stuff from alibaba are getting into trouble. The government doesn't understand it and is acting dumb and going after the entire industry

floivanus likes this.
  13. bobgeese

bobgeese Gold Belt

I don’t like the decision.

ElKarlo and floivanus like this.
  14. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

Do they not have the patches anymore? Pretty sure the whole vaping to quit smoking thing mostly works out where people vape instead of smoke. It's the same damn thing.

15. Oliver Clothesoff

Not if you use the Nicotine free flavored vapes. A co-worker of mine sucessfully quit smoking by going to non nicotine Vaping first and then quitting vaping after the Nicotine cravings were gone. He used the vape to "have something to do with his hands" while he was quitting and said it helped him a lot. Getting off the vaping was supposedly trivial. I used to smoke and believe me, Nicotine is addictive AF. Drove me nuts for about a month, even with the patches.

16. floivanus

floivanus Purple Belt

You only see kids smoking the flavored stuff? Get out man, the guys I work with smoke/vape all sorts of flavored crap, cherry flavored cigars (without weed in them... seriously) banana bread smelling vapes. Maybe you just watch kids too often.

It’s just more BS government overreach. The issue seems to be with knockoff/black market garbage and you don’t combat that by banning it, people will ALWAYS have avenues to get it in the information age. Time for the government to step back and not nanny people at every single turn

17. Headkicktoleg

Headkicktoleg Steel Belt

sure he quit nicotine, but that's like one of the least harmful things in cigarettes and vapes. It's inhaling all the other chemicals that kill you.

floivanus and Fawlty like this.
  18. SIRGAY HARITONOB!

SIRGAY HARITONOB! RED ARMY BELT

Suddenly feel like I want to get a hookah

19. Fawlty

I think nicotine's effects are by far more related to heart/hypertension than anything, which is definitely an issue and will probably take a couple years off your life, but yeah it's really not all that bad for you.

The stuff in e-cigs is probably not too harmful. Only a couple harmful things have been found and those can be controlled.

floivanus likes this.
  20. Oliver Clothesoff

Sure but if it gets you to quit smoking, (which is a bitch) then you'll be quitting all the other harmful stuff like arsenic that goes with it. I don't think it's true about vaping having dangerous chemicals in it. It certainly doesn't contain arsenic which is the most harmful chemical found in cigarettes. If there's anything fatal in the flavored Vape water that's killing people I'd certainly want to stop it though.

As far as the deaths, from what I've read the deaths were related to people creating their own vape using Vitamin e as a carrier and mixing in THC with it... so you can't really blame Juul for that if that is indeed what happened. Personally I just think this stinks of the Big Tobacco creating a Govt. sanctioned monopoly out of this and are removing Flavored Vapes not to "save the children!!!" but precisely because it's helping people get off Cigarettes.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Gutter Chris likes this.