TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 (Premieres June 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dream Cast for Season II

Mel Gibson
Ben Kingsley
Sam Rockwell

Dreamcasts huh? Let me ponder.
John Goodman
Edward Norton
Timothy Olyphant

Dreamcasts huh? Let me ponder.
John Goodman
Edward Norton
Timothy Olyphant

John Goodman was going to be in my top 3 as well. Loved him in Red State and I think with some good writing he can knock it out of the park.

Return of the yellowking! Hide your kids, hide your wives

If HBO can't get household named movie stars for season two they should recycle some guys who have knocked it out of the park for HBO shows before.

Jimmy McNulty, Christopher Moltisanti, and Al Swearengen come to mind.

If HBO can't get household named movie stars for season two they should recycle some guys who have knocked it out of the park for HBO shows before.

Jimmy McNulty, Christopher Moltisanti, and Al Swearengen come to mind.

al-swearengen.jpg

+
clancybrownlobo.jpg

=
mind-blown.gif

This type of format is good because you know anything can happen in the season your watching. They can afford to kill off any character since it's only one season with them there. The con however is any greatness you produce in one season won't carry over to the other.

I found this problem with American Horror story. I loved the first season and it had some good twists all the way to the end. The next season completely lost my interest however and I stopped watching. Most series will keep me til they end even if they get stale (Ex. Dexter) but not there.

I think they have the potential to do just as good. It won't ever be seen as that since season 1 is adored so much. I also think they won't be able to top the Matt/Woody cast of the first.

John Goodman was going to be in my top 3 as well. Loved him in Red State and I think with some good writing he can knock it out of the park.

Yeah he killed it in Red State. Ive always thought of him as an underrated actor who deserves more credit. Dudes got range.

i don't like the idea of women detectives either. Ain't nobody got time for that.

I really liked the rumor of Brad Pitt joining the show, but i don't think there's much truth to it.

Agreed. I guess I'm a sexist but a show like True Detective feels wrong with female leads. Everyone knew they'd cave to the pressure though after the heat they got by feminist groups for how they portrayed women in the first season.

That being said if Pizzalotto isn't a 1 trick pony he'll be able to get a lot out of whomever they choose to cast. People weren't exactly doing backflips over Matthew and Harrelson when they were cast and they both killed it.

I feel like the guy who played Rorschach in Watchmen, Jackie Earle Haley, would be awesome for a lead in this type of show.

I don't give a damn if the leads are male, female, transgender, hermaphrodite, etc. All I want is interesting characters, and the same quality that we got in season one.

i love the Mel Gibson and John Goodman suggestions.

Tough role to take when the previous installment had such high acclaim. There aren't many "Aliens" if you know what I mean.

I feel like the guy who played Rorschach in Watchmen, Jackie Earle Haley, would be awesome for a lead in this type of show.

He would be awesome in some type of role on this show. Good or bad. Good call.

don't really like the 3 lead format. Kinda takes away from the one-on-one back and forth between the two detectives, playing off each other, one making up for the others weakness. that's what was so great about S1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back