TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 (Premieres June 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: May 27, 2014

TRUE DETECTIVE 2 Will Have 3 Leads, Takes Place in California

True-Detective-Title-Card-Dragonlord.jpg

True Detective season one is going to be a tough act to follow, and details have been scarce about season two. All that is known thus far is that it’s about "hard women, bad men and the secret occult history of the United States transportation system." Now, a few more details have emerged. On the To the Best of Our Knowledge podcast [via The Playlist], creator/writer/producer, Nic Pizzolatto said:

"Right now, we’re working with three leads. It takes place in California. Not Los Angeles, but some of the lesser known venues of California and we’re going to try to capture a certain psychosphere ambience of the place, much like we did with season one."

Pizzolatto also reiterated that all of the characters are new, but added that the entire season is now broken out, he has a couple of scripts, "and we’ll probably start casting within the coming month." As previously reported, Jessica Chastain won’t be in the cast.

TRUE DETECTIVE Season Two Will Have Three Leads, Takes Place in California

Update: May 20, 2014

Jessica Chastain Offered Lead Role in TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2?

Jessica-Chastain-Photo-600x200-Dragonlord.jpg

It’s hard to deny the most impactful show of the last season was HBO’s True Detective. From the word “go,” audiences were instantly on board with the twenty year journey of Rust and Marty to find the elusive Yellow King. In the end, the series reached massive critical acclaim and was confirmed to be seeking a full blown Outstanding Drama Series for HBO come Emmy time. But with all this critical acclaim comes questions, since the series exists in an anthology format that would completely retool the cast and story arc in Season 2. The major question looming over next year’s production? Who is going to lead the charge?

Recent rumors have stated series creator Nic Pizzolatto was seeking a female-driven cast for Season 2 of the hit HBO series, and now today, Nerdist has learned exclusively one of the names that may be on the bill in 2015: Jessica Chastain. According to sources, the Zero Dark Thirty actress has been offered a leading role in the second season but has yet to accept. This would be a major land for the HBO series. She can next be seen on the big screen in Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar, J.C. Chandor’s A Most Violent Year, Ned Benson's The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby and Guillermo del Toro’s Crimson Peak.

[Update: E! Online is reporting that that Chastain’s reps are denying her involvement in the series, and so is HBO. If this is the case, it’s possible that Chastain might co-star in Mission: Impossible 5.]

Jessica Chastain Offered Lead Role in Second Season of HBO’s TRUE DETECTIVE

Last edited:
Probably wont be as good without Rust and Marty. No one wants to watch women try to act

Good choice. Hope she takes the role.

Honestly she should be jumping at the chance to lead in something like true detective, considering all those movies listed look like $5 bin trash.

The rumors also claimed Brad Pitt was gonna take the lead role. Either way TD>>>>>all other shows on TV right now.

I, among others didn't have much interest in a lead female role, but it's clear cut that it is the case and I can think of worse actresses than Chastain. Wouldn't mind at all.

Cool. Hasn't she been recording with Matthew McConaughey while True Detective aired? Maybe she's gotten some reccomendations from him.

Honestly she should be jumping at the chance to lead in something like true detective, considering all those movies listed look like $5 bin trash.

Yeh Guillermo del Toro and Chris Nolan make such shitty movies I cant believe it.

I don't like the producers caving the pressure on this. They got nagged into having a female lead, so they're gonna remake The Killing now?

It's not really the same show anymore, season to season. Everyone saying chicks can't act or aren't interesting is retarded. That said, I am not expecting it to be as good as season 1, because that whole thing was magic, from Matt McC, to Woody, to the story, to the intro, to that chick's perfect tits, to that other chick's smokin bod. I will consider this a new show, and go into it with an open mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back