TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 (Premieres June 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not really the same show anymore, season to season. Everyone saying chicks can't act or aren't interesting is retarded. That said, I am not expecting it to be as good as season 1, because that whole thing was magic, from Matt McC, to Woody, to the story, to the intro, to that chick's perfect tits, to that other chick's smokin bod. I will consider this a new show, and go into it with an open mind.

With the right plot/cast anything is possible, even with a female lead. I usually don't think women make as interesting characters as males but there is always exceptions. I think Silence of the Lambs was brilliant and Jodie Foster was great but it was Hopkins that really was most interesting character. Either way people I think are freaking out because they generally don't think women are as interesting generally either but nobody really knows how season 2 is going to be setup. Whoever the lead is can rely on a supporting villain if the villain is a brilliant actor.....think No Country For Old Men "Javier Bardem"

I actually like the anthology idea even though we are missing out on a brilliant cast. If they truly know who to put together a new cast and plot the second season could be amazing.

With the right plot/cast anything is possible, even with a female lead. I usually don't think women make as interesting characters as males but there is always exceptions. I think Silence of the Lambs was brilliant and Jodie Foster was great but it was Hopkins that really was most interesting character. Either way people I think are freaking out because they generally don't think women are as interesting generally either but nobody really knows how season 2 is going to be setup. Whoever the lead is can rely on a supporting villain if the villain is a brilliant actor.....think No Country For Old Men "Javier Bardem"

I actually like the anthology idea even though we are missing out on a brilliant cast. If they truly know who to put together a new cast and plot the second season could be amazing.

I like the anthology thing in one way, it is basically a finite miniseries, I really got the sense that either or both of the leads could die, in or before that final episode.

I look at season 2 as a new miniseries from the same mind. The guy has earned my trust as a viewer.

I'd like to see then go veteran and rookie with the new cast. Have to aged leads and the younger one working to replace one on their way out.

Not sure who would be a good fit for a young lead.

Assuming have to have 1 female, realistic dreamcast (in how they could play off each other):

Charlize Theron, Val Kilmer, Mickey Rourke

Update: July 10, 2014

HBO's TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 Will Have Multiple Directors

33ykob5.jpg

As it does every year, HBO lead the Emmy nominations this morning with a whopping 99 nods and it has a very solid chance at winning in some of the major categories thanks to the phenomenal True Detective. During an interview earlier today regarding the first season

Tim Olyphant & Gillian Anderson partnership, plz.

A Jason Statham/Nic Cage/Tom Cruise trio would be the ideal casting, imo.

don't really like the 3 lead format. Kinda takes away from the one-on-one back and forth between the two detectives, playing off each other, one making up for the others weakness. that's what was so great about S1.

Maybe this season will have more of a Three Stooges dynamic.

Honestly the "too many directors" thing has me more worried than "too many leads"...

+1 for Kilmer

Hopefully with multiple directors we won't get episodes that don't seem like the flow together. Season one felt like one big eight hour movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back