TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 Discussion v4: Finale Edition

at least Burris, Chesani and Osip got wasted, pretty fucked up, but all the questions were answered

Burris didn't get wasted.

rMaceVT.png

Don't worry though, Chad's going to kill everyone in the pic. Chessani Jr, Burris, the Mexicans.

god damn it Burris, you slimy bastard

gotta give it to Nails in the end tho, a man that keeps his word all the way

Why would it be a result of bitching? It was just men being men to protect the women folks. Like real life, you know?

Fuck that, the women were safe. I wanted Ray and/or Frank to come out alive.

Burris didn't get wasted.

rMaceVT.png

Don't worry though, Chad's going to kill everyone in the pic. Chessani Jr, Burris, the Mexicans.

lol @ the Mexicans!

Really, really bad tv. Pizzalotto had Ani talking like Frank and Ray at the beginning, this episode. It was like so bad, this writing. So awkward, that pillow talk.

I'm def not watching next week. For realsies this time.

S3 Should be Nails returning to L.A. to train Chad in the "Way of Nails" as they extract some Vinci street justice for Ray and Frank.

Incredible finale.

They went full noir at the end, real tragedy. 3/4 main characters didn't make it.

Ray giving in to temptation, going to see his kid. Reminded me of shades of Heat, for fans of that movie.

Paul Woodrugh Highway was a nice touch. Makes his line from the very first episode prophetic: "The highway... it suits me."

Frank's limp through the desert was haunting, from the get-go. You knew he was done.

Only Ani makes it through.

Everybody was on point this whole episode, gave some of their best performances.

One cool thing I noticed that I liked: the reporter who Ani gave all the evidence to at the end, in Venezuela, he was the same reporter that Ray roughed up in episode one, for Frank (while wearing the ski mask). And he was doing it because the reporter was going to write a report on Vinci corruption. I guess he'll get to write that story after all.

I'll have to watch this one a few times to let it all digest

Great stuff

Did anyone else like Ani more when you thought she was molested?

That scene was weird.

Burris was the real hero this season.

Chad Velcoro is gonna fuck his shit up in season 10

Chad Velcoro, the fat red headed lunatic son of corrupt cop and mob enforcer Ray Velcoro? Ray Velcoro, murderer of California State Attorney Davis and Hero cop Paul Woodrugh.

Nope, Captain Burris is taking Chad down. Ladies and gentlemen, PD is solving this case.

Back