TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 Discussion v4: Finale Edition

Peteyandjia

Spring Saku
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
Well, this is it.

Just a few hours now...

... until the final fates of our 2015 batch of characters, will be decided forever.

giphy.gif

... well, I guess some fates have already been decided.

giphy.gif

So, get your popcorn ready, your takeout ordered, or whatever your particular pre-game ritual is...

7df661e0-02eb-0133-501b-0ec273752cbd.gif

... because with an extra-long episode tonight (87 minutes)... we're probably in for some crazy shit.

giphy.gif

For all you True Detective season 2 crybaby haters...

... if you don't like tonight's episode, well then I'm sure that's it, this time you're serious, you will REALLY be 'done with this show', and you will not watch any more episodes this season.

7nsAwp5V4Vex.gif

As for the rest of us...

Happy True Detective Day!

(Last Call edition.)

For all things must come to an end,

All things must come to an end,

On that you can be sure.

Caspere knew that.

giphy.gif

LOL.

Guess which show made the The Worst TV Shows of 2015?

True Detective (HBO): Every critic’s favorite punching bag of 2015 is this excessively maligned follow-up to an anthology series whose first season was among 2014’s best. So if I say it’s been “excessively” denigrated, what’s it doing on this list? Because while I don’t think it was as incoherent as many of its detractors said (as hard-boiled mystery, its plot was really no murkier than one to be found in your average Ross Macdonald novel), show creator Nic Pizzolatto ruined any pleasure we might have taken in the tough performances by Rachel McAdams, Colin Farrell, and Taylor Kitsch by filling their mouths with the kind of pretentious dialogue that makes you want to throw a shoe at your TV.

https://sg.movies.yahoo.com/post/134752543377/the-worst-tv-shows-of-2015

LOL.

True Detective (HBO): Every critic’s favorite punching bag of 2015 is this excessively maligned follow-up to an anthology series whose first season was among 2014’s best. So if I say it’s been “excessively” denigrated, what’s it doing on this list? Because while I don’t think it was as incoherent as many of its detractors said (as hard-boiled mystery, its plot was really no murkier than one to be found in your average Ross Macdonald novel), show creator Nic Pizzolatto ruined any pleasure we might have taken in the tough performances by Rachel McAdams, Colin Farrell, and Taylor Kitsch by filling their mouths with the kind of pretentious dialogue that makes you want to throw a shoe at your TV.

The finale was awful.

LOL.

i think people cant help comparing it to season 1 and in that respect its a failure, nothing can live up to that,
it had some great moments and got better as it went along imo 7/10, im hoping for a 3rd season

Oh hai version 4.

Good luck to ye remaining hopeful tonight. Let the hate flow through you, remember.

LOL.

I really like colin and rachel in the series, but yeah, it was some weak ass writing. pizzaboyo should have found some more stuff to steal from like he did 1st season with thomas lygotti and the yellow king stuff

hell yes, today is the day, the end of the circle

This season went by extremely fast. Was it like this for season 1? I didn't watch the first season until it came out on Blu Ray and binge watched it.

No way this season has a happy ending.

Beyond happy that it's 90 minutes.

P.S. THE PORTAL WAS REAL.

This season has to end with a happy ending.

yhEvOb8.gif

My disappointment, I mean, my body is ready. Let's take down all these corrupt mutherfuckers so Ani's sister can go back to junior college.

what gave it away? tits?

holy cow...

Season 1 > season 2

Last edited:
Seems pretty cheap to kill off the main male cast like it's a result of people complaining that neither Rust nor Marty were killed off last season.

Well that was about as depressing an end as we could have had. I enjoyed this season though.

Meh.

Nothing was really resolved, too much happened to too many characters to finalize it in any meaningful manner... it was like trying to close an axe wound with a bandaid.

Back