TRUE DETECTIVE Season 2 Discussion v4: Finale Edition

Never do anything out of hunger...not even eating

If I don't get a new play..the dead trees...a present from the stork...are gonna be what they call moot points

In the midst of being gang banged by forces unseen I figured I'd drill myself a new orifice and go on and bang myself for a change

You know the word "louche?" Someone's pulling me out on the streets...and you're louche?

The enemy won't reveal itself, Raymond. It stymies my retribution. It's like, uh, blue balls....of the heart

hqdefault.jpg
lol only good thing about season 2 was the unintentional comedy I think I laughed at every character.

Never understood all the hate this show got. Was it as good as the first season? I don't think it was but it had moments that were on par with season 1 and overall was very enjoyable to watch if you just moved past the fact that it wasn't the first season and that Rust Cohle wasn't going to show up.

Avoided this series up until yesterday, influenced by the negative reactions of mayberry posters when it originally ran.

I've bingewatched it now and all I can say is fuck all of you cockwombles.

Season 2 is maybe, just a tad, less awesome than season 1. But it is so different there really is no point in comparing the two. Still a drama of epic quality. This is season 2 of The Wire all over again, greatness maligned by ignorant troglodytes.

If you and your cockwombled taste in television leads to this show not being renewed for a third season, I will personally petition the president of Internet to have you all banned for life.

You utter, utter cockwombles.

It was not a bad series. But from SEason 1 people blown away by the philosophizing of McConaghey, and the nice cinematography.

Everyone was expecting at least the same from season two.

Both series builds up tension and then dont end well. S1 ended in bromance. S2 ended in a cliff hanger. They should continue. I want to know what happens to Kelly Reilly a most underrated cougar

Season 2 failure is all on the Producer who cast Vince Vaughn. Also moving to LA didn't work. The show belongs in Louisiana.

Uhuhuhuhh!
215327.gif

Look, some of the Frank Says memes are hilarious, but he only had maybe two or three actual ones in the entire series. Vince Vaughn delivering corny lines as Semyon was the worst thing about TD2, but he wasn't the sole centre of the series and he was still great in that role overall. Only time I cringed was when he said something about wookies or Star Trek or whatever.

Actually, scratch that. Velcoro's moustache was the worst thing about the series, and once he shaved that almost right away I knew I was in for greatness.

Every second of TD2 beats Breaking Bad at its best.
hey i really liked season 2 as well, but that one fake quote just gets me every time lol. never even had a bath.

Season 2 failure is all on the Producer who cast Vince Vaughn. Also moving to LA didn't work. The show belongs in Louisiana.
Yeah. The Southern Gothic theme was really good. S2 was just a mob/crime show

Yeah. The Southern Gothic theme was really good. S2 was just a mob/crime show

I read Matthew McConaughey is interested in reprising his character for Season 3. Hoping it becomes reality. @j123

Back