Travis Browne "not okay" with Werdum's antics in their fight

"It was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with," Browne said of the loss in closing. "Because everything aside, I don't make excuses. Werdum whooped my ass, and that's what I had to come to terms to. He just straight up kicked my ass. It doesn't matter about injuries.

"It was me. And that's one thing that I've learned, I beat myself in that fight and I need to figure out what I need to do in the future to change that. I need to go back and reassess a lot of things in my career and really figure out what I need to put in place in order to be successful again. People look at it,

Some of you guys are really fucking stupid if you think this is whining and crying

He should use that fight as motivation, and I wouldn't be okay if another man did that to me either.

Why are you defending Browne? He's a douche that keeps trashtalking after hes been owned for 25 minutes, he doesnt deserve whiteknighting

Honestly how can anybody be a fan? He makes it exceedingly difficult.

No wonder he and Ronda are a couple. Lulz.

Why are you defending Browne? He's a douche that keeps trashtalking after hes been owned for 25 minutes, he doesnt deserve a white knight like yourself.
Eh, that's a little unfair.

Browne was in that fight early, he just ran out of juice and kept losing ground.

It's not like Werdum beat him from pillar to post, at least not from the outset.

lol @ "not okay"

Browne upset Werdum touched him in his naughty place.

I predict Browne will be completely irrelevant within 2 years.

I wouldn't go that far. The dude is definitely got a lot of potential. I'm not crazy about him, but some people are completely dismissing him now.

browne started the showboating and was slapping any part of his body that werdum hit to show how he's not hurt. Fuck i'm so happy werdum wiped the floor with this guy.

yesssssssssss

I would be more surprised if he was okay with being trolled and embarrassed for 25 minutes.

I thought it was hilarious to watch Werdum constantly taunt Browne while he did nothing about it

kLuqv7X.gif

Looks like someone is taking lessons from the Jon Jones school of being an insufferable douche.

I have no problem with Werdums antics, as should be evident from my av, but it begs the question: When does a fighter cross the "unsportsmanlike conduct" line? I know some refs warned Diaz for talking smack while fighting, but I wonder what you actually need to do to get a point taken or even disqualified....

Man, I loved that fight. I just kept smiling and laughing and cheering.

I wouldn't go that far. The dude is definitely got a lot of potential. I'm not crazy about him, but some people are completely dismissing him now.

Honestly, I've never been super impressed with him. He's not particularly fast or technical. He thinks he's far more athletic than he actually is, and neglects the basics because of it. His best wins are Barnett, which he exploited an overlooked technique that sat in a grey area of the rules, and finishing a completely stationary, exhausted Overeem in a fight that would have been stopped earlier by many, many refs. Legit wins, yes, but not great barometers of his talent.

I think the Werdum fight was much more indicative of his overall ability.

Come on Browne I've seen some swagger from the Hawaiian as well so it's a 2 way street. :icon_lol:

Given recent post-fight developments, I propose we heretofore refer to Erick Silva as "Eric Silver" and Travis Brown as "Travicio Browneao."

I have no problem with Werdums antics, as should be evident from my av, but it begs the question: When does a fighter cross the "unsportsmanlike conduct" line? I know some refs warned Diaz for talking smack while fighting, but I wonder what you actually need to do to get a point taken or even disqualified....
I honestly don't think it matters.

If your opponent keeps a cool head, you're just wasting energy and oxygen and making yourself look like a clown.

Sure it's not exactly sporting, but it does no physical damage.

Back