News Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

Frankly, having watched the fight, I really don't see the problem here.

This was a competitive matchup, a classic striker vs grappler fight. McLauglhlin didn't have a significant strength or punching power advantage. She actually got beat up pretty bad. Provost threw a huge volume early in the first round, she was exhausted and is clearly not a grapppler at all. When the fight got to the groundm she got her back taken due to exhaustion and inexperience.

Looking at her physical abilities that night, the doctors who cleared her to fight made the right decision. Maybe she has a better chin than average, but nothing spectacular, she still got knocked down,

So in the end, McLaughlin had a very competitive fight against a 35 years old woman who had a record of 0-1 in pro and 0-2 in amateur. Absolutely not a threat to the WMMA. UFC bantamweight and even flyweight women would dismantle her easily.

I watched the fight. The biological female fighter was much more skilled than McLaughlin. She was definitely outstriking her. McLaughlin just walked through the punches and did a really sloppy brute force takedown. She was visibly stronger than the biological female fighter.

Wonder when the first biological male that became trans will be champ champ in the world of MMA.

I watched the fight. The biological female fighter was much more skilled than McLaughlin. She was definitely outstriking HIM. McLaughlin just walked through the punches and did a really sloppy brute force takedown. HE was visibly stronger than the biological female fighter.

Fixed that for you there mate, for scientific accuracy.

You pretending a man can transform into a woman is idiocy
I'd ask you why but if your next post is any indication you're a religious wack job who isn't worth talking to about anything. It's people like you that push me towards antitheism.

If you actually read the whole thread there's a legitimate dialogue about this. Certainly it's more complicated then your low level understanding would have you believe. There are arguments to be made in both directions which means the subject definitely requires more nuance than is being used at present.

I'd ask you why but if your next post is any indication you're a religious wack job who isn't worth talking to about anything. It's people like you that push me towards antitheism.

If you actually read the whole thread there's a legitimate dialogue about this. Certainly it's more complicated then your low level understanding would have you believe. There are arguments to be made in both directions which means the subject definitely requires more nuance than is being used at present.

You could have saved everyone time and just said "I'm an idiot".

This is one of those topics where obviously men shouldn't be beating up women....but women voted all this crap in so they can deal with it. They are getting what they asked for.

I identify as Conor McGregor. If you refuse to call me champ champ you are a transformersphobe.

Meh, if the commission is clearing Alana, and everyone involved is aware of their status as an MTF, I'm not going to get worked up over it.

Truth be told, given how many people who really shouldn't be cleared (Bisping coming off getting beat the fuck up by GSP to then die against Gastelum weeks later, thanks to UFC acting as its own commission, and only having one eye to work with on top of that), be it injuries, PED usage kept under wraps, fighting past their prime etc. I stopped caring about any perceived unfairness for one party.

If they're ok getting possibly beat the fuck up, far be it for me to tell them not to do it. These types of situations also lost steam for me when Fallon Fox got brutalized by Ashlee Evans-Smith of all people. They have an advantage but they're far from unbeatable.

You could have saved everyone time and just said "I'm an idiot".
No actually the idiot is the person who looks at this for one second and uses thinly veiled bigotry to come to a conclusion on it with no further thought.

https://www.outsports.com/2021/3/9/22321015/joanna-harper-transgender-athlete-research

This is a good article that anybody who actually has an open mind on this should read. I'm not in favor of trans women taking over women's sports because of unfair advantages. My point (actually the point of arguably the world's leading expert on this subject) is that the issue is not as simple as the average idiot wants to make it.

This is one of those topics where obviously men shouldn't be beating up women....but women voted all this crap in so they can deal with it. They are getting what they asked for.

That's not really the situation here. She's not being put in for title shots in the divison or anything and her opponent knew she was trans and chose to fight her anyway. Nothing really wrong with that imo.

No actually the idiot is the person who looks at this for one second and uses thinly veiled bigotry to come to a conclusion on it with no further thought.

https://www.outsports.com/2021/3/9/22321015/joanna-harper-transgender-athlete-research

This is a good article that anybody who actually has an open mind on this should read. I'm not in favor of trans women taking over women's sports because of unfair advantages. My point (actually the point of arguably the world's leading expert on this subject) is that the issue is not as simple as the average idiot wants to make it.

It's always hilarious when some whiny butthurt atheist comes stomping in like a child pretending to be intelligent, when they are the dumbest person in the room. Look, I understand you think you are on some other level, but you don't even know the difference between a man and a woman. My 3 year old nephew can figure this issue out. It's only complicated to you because you are a reprobate. I'm not even mad, I'm just laughing at you. You are the result of Romans 1:18-32.

That's not really the situation here. She's not being put in for title shots in the divison or anything and her opponent knew she was trans and chose to fight her anyway. Nothing really wrong with that imo.

I was referring to society in general, where women are the ones who vote this stuff in overwhelmingly, then whine when they start losing their female privilege. This is just feminism vs trans, both reprobates, so they can beat each other up all they want. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, it's what women have been asking for, true equality. Enjoy ladies! You fought for this!

I was referring to society in general, where women are the ones who vote this stuff in overwhelmingly, then whine when they start losing their female privilege. This is just feminism vs trans, both reprobates, so they can beat each other up all they want. It's a win-win as far as I'm concerned. But yeah, it's what women have been asking for, true equality. Enjoy ladies! You fought for this!

Okay, but this isn't an example of that though.

Back