News Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

Great! We need more attention whores in the world.

There’s just too many stable, well grounded folks these days.

You're a good man, a smart one too.

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

I remember in the case of fallon fox cos it was in california. There was no obligation to tell the other fighter they are transgender as they are legally considered a woman once they have changed sex on their license etc

Fallon Fox was and is irrelevant.

There are worse mismatches happening in regional MMA all the time, even without trans anything thrown in.

There are worse mismatches happening in regional MMA all the time, even without trans anything thrown in.
As far as i know they still have the same rules in california. The point i was making is some peoole say once the two athletes are ok with it. Whats the problem?
Well in california there is no obligation to tell the female born athlete that she is fighting a transgender athlete. Do u think that is fair?

I agree 100%. Fallon Fox was a bad fighter and was never a threat to any of the top dogs in WMMA. The same is true about this latest trans fighter; watch the fight instead of just fuming about "man vs woman is bad" and you'll see that this one ain't any good either. Same as the 42 year old NZ weightlifter who got a spot in the Olympics with people predicting doom and gloom; turns out women still got that sport on lock.

Lia Thomas has had decent success in Ivy League swimming, but she is not a record breaker of any sports on the international stage and is substantially slower than when she was an honest to goodness man. The press she caught for her performances were mind-boggling versus what her accomplishments actually were. My kids are mid-level competitive swimmers so I've followed this one a little more closely with a little more insight than your average homo sapien. Yes, she's a high level swimmer, she may well make the Olympics and the worlds in the years to come, but nothing she's put up so far has indicated she is the world beater she was made out to be.

For a little context into what she's actually done:

https://www.outsports.com/trans/2022/1/6/22867761/lia-thomas-penn-swimming-trans-truth-myth

Yeah, I know the website's name is hilarious but they're at least giving the Lia Thomas story some context and showing a little bit of nuance, something that always seems to go missing when we talk about this issue in particular.

Cliffnotes version, elite female athletes are superior to unremarkable men at most sports and it will be some time till we see this in female sport:

If your average decent male athlete were to undergo the hormone therapy that trans athletes undergo and compete against top women, it would look more like this:

Having said all that, women's sports, in particular WMMA, suck. Hard. Except beach volleyball.

24olympics-briefing-covid-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg

april-ross-and-alix-klineman.jpg

As far as i know they still have the same rules in california. The point i was making is some peoole say once the two athletes are ok with it. Whats the problem?
Well in california there is no obligation to tell the female born athlete that she is fighting a transgender athlete. Do u think that is fair?
Is it really that hard to tell?

Hey mods, can we send this thread to the war room?

Back