News Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

Funny how biological women never become trans and beat men in sports or fighting.
TransBoxer12-21.jpg

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/trans-man-wins-debut-pro-boxer-pat-manuel-771783/

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id...fhObWxLCc6vxnUCl4YNn-a9I54rxGmgIxicUJcUF-JgHU

Pretty disgusting that biological men are being celebrated for beating up women. Funny how biological women never become trans and beat men in sports or fighting.

Actually...

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...manuel-transgender-pioneer-looking-next-fight

This is a complicated subject. I'm very progressive and trans friendly but the science is pretty limited on this subject and conflicting. I'm not in favor of women losing the ability to compete on a reasonably level playing field due to trans women competing, but I'm also not sure there's any evidence that's what's happening.

I'm not sure that it's as simple as the commission is making it by passing a hormone panel, but obviously once a person begins to transition they lose a lot of their biological advantages through the various hormones a MTF trans woman takes. As this subject becomes more prominent we'll get more data in one direction or the other. I'll be in favor of whatever the science supports once it becomes more clear.

To call her a "former military man" is just blatant transphobia.

Blatant transphobia? Lol the truth is now transphobic?! I'm sorry you're mentally ill & I hope you get yourself together psychologically but men will never be women, & women will never be men. Cutting off body parts & taking hormones or hormone blockers will not change your DNA or chromosomes.

That's not transphobic that's just facts.
Yes, calling a trans woman a man is blatant transphobia.

Actually...

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_...manuel-transgender-pioneer-looking-next-fight

This is a complicated subject. I'm very progressive and trans friendly but the science is pretty limited on this subject and conflicting. I'm not in favor of women losing the ability to compete on a reasonably level playing field due to trans women competing, but I'm also not sure there's any evidence that's what's happening.

I'm not sure that it's as simple as the commission is making it by passing a hormone panel, but obviously once a person begins to transition they lose a lot of their biological advantages through the various hormones a MTF trans woman takes. As this subject becomes more prominent we'll get more data in one direction or the other. I'll be in favor of whatever the science supports once it becomes more clear.

To call her a "former military man" is just blatant transphobia.
As long as it's clear to the opponent about the reality, then I'm okay with it, but fighters who don't want to fight her are in their right and shouldn't be ridiculed for their choice. The big issue with Fallon Fox was that Fox hid the fact that they were trans from their opponents.

Likewise, the studies that people cite comes to the conclusion that "Male to female transsexuals have significantly less muscle strength and bone density, and higher fat mass, than males". This statement really doesn't mean much because the issue is between Male to female transsexuals and biological women. Likewise, in a study like that you would have to find women and trans of similar size and work out routines, which is a quite extensive hurdle. Like Gabi Garcia could probably outgrapple me because she has 80 pounds on me and also juiced to the gills, so you can't use Gabi and say that women are stronger then men.

Same conclusion that you came to, I think the science is not very known and it's a complicated topic that both sides would like to just simplify.

Look I am from Eastern Europe, if you know anything about the regions stances on these issues is that it is not very progressive. My gay cousin still has never told my uncle he is gay and it never happened since he died, but my uncle would talk about lynching gays so you would understand that it would have not gone well.

Last edited:
Calling a biological man anything but a biological man is intellectually dishonest.
Yeah, you clearly posted this thread in hopes of having a good faith, intellectual discussion on a very complicated subject.

There's clearly more nuance to this then you're letting on and I think it's pretty clear why you're ignoring that nuance.. because you're transphobic.

I think it's fairly simple really. Although I don't think she should be eligible to fight in the UFC or anything if a regional org wants to offer girls a contract to fight her then it's on them whether they want to accept the fight or not.

Blatant transphobia? Lol the truth is now transphobic?! He is former special forces in the military. Sorry if those facts hurt your feelinsgs sir/ze/zer/he/him /beep/bop/boop/ma'am.

I'm sorry you're mentally ill & I hope you get yourself together psychologically but men will never be women, & women will never be men. Cutting off body parts & taking hormones or hormone blockers will not change your DNA or chromosomes.

That's not transphobic that's just facts.

Even if you think trans people are mentally ill it's a bit retarded to think someone is mentally ill just because they defend trans people.

I think it's fairly simple really. Although I don't think she should be eligible to fight in the UFC or anything if a regional org wants to offer girls a contract to fight her then it's on them whether they want to accept the fight or not.
Whoa brother, you called the #1 Promotion in the game, Combate Global, regional! That's fighting words

Whoa brother, you called the #1 Promotion in the game, Combate Global, regional! That's fighting words

Well I mean in the sense that the world is a region of the galaxy.

The fight was actually competitive. It is not like she dominated the fight from beginning to the end. Also, transgender man has beaten up a cis male before. So both of TS points are kinda not valid based on this fight.

This is not War Room so no need to be transphobic here.

Hopefully she got more fights. Would be interesting if we can get her on JRE. She is a former special force and transgender. Those are like two of many of Rogan's obsessions.

Anyway, I don't think she could even make it to the UFC based on her age.

Back