1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

News Transgender fighter Alana McLaughlin wins MMA debut

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by JoeRowe, Sep 11, 2021.

1. bobgeese Steel Belt

{<jimmies}

2. ClosetVitorFan Gold Belt

We are literally here. but in all honesty, when you brought up the evander holyfield argument, dude hes a grown man he can make his own decisions. The referee also protected him. If ppl are consenting to it, able bodied clear minded adults, what's the beef? Now if female mma fighters say I'm not fighting that transgender and they get hate mail, and get doxxed and someone throws a brick through your window. I'd be there right beside you gathering the rope, because we've allowed these people to do what they want and have been patient with them, but just like we respect their decision they have to respect ours. It's a two way street. Unfortunately I feel the day for the rope is inevitable and we are gonna have to dole out some Taliban justice. But this isnt the straw that broke the camel's back. If adults are consenting to combat. That's fine. The minute they start going after children, I've got my pedophile cure pills at the ready. (300 blackout) I feel like if a female fighter doesnt want to fight a transgender she should give NO reason as to why she doesn't want to fight the trans. Just say I'm passing period. You dont want these lunatic woke mobs to come after you. It's like Bisping vs Vitor. Bisping knew Vitor was juiced up. But he still consented to fighting the guy, the rules at the time allowed TRT. And now we know from future tests. He was abusing his TRT and taking more than what was therapeutic. Vitor actually got TRT banned in the first place. Trust me I cant stand the LGBT mobs or transgenders in general. But they have a human right and if adults consent, then I'm fine with it. I'm not in the business of telling adults what to do.

3. bobgeese Steel Belt

MMA is not 2 consenting adults, it's a sport. Furthermore, this goes beyond mma.

With regard to Holyfield, there's a reason California wouldn't sanction the fight. And it looks like they were 100% correct.

4. Cowboy Kurt Angle Green Belt

5. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

Well that's where you need to be focusing on for the issue then, not two people voluntarily engaging in combat. I doubt if Shelly Anne Fraser or whoever decided to have a race against a trans person anyone would have a problem with it, it's when you start getting trans people in the Olympics that it becomes a problem.

My personal line in the sand would be trans athletes being eligible for women's world titles in a sport I care about. People choosing to compete against a trans athlete is not my line in the sand.

Ares Black likes this.
  6. GORO Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Didn’t Fallon fox lose to some shitty wmma fighter I forget who maybe the natural girls need to step it up the former guys r literally taking anti peds lol cyborg on juice would probably wreck this dude

7. wbubbles Black Belt

If these cowardly "women" had any pride they would continue to face biological males.

TheMaster likes this.
  8. TITS ASS Platinum Member

Uh oh, Jake's about to get cancelled.

9. TheMaster Take The Road To Reality Double Yellow Card

You agree it would be more impressive if the guygirl fought a man after going through all those procedures though right?
    Beating up biological women isn't really anything special with a physique like hiers.

10. UFCIsNOTRigged Brown Belt

Most seem against a genetic male that has artificially reduced their testosterone through years of HRT and had the requisite cosmetic surgeries competing against a genetic female.

Yet they are okay with a genetic female who has artificially increased the testosterone in their body through years of TRT (yes that TRT) fighting a genetic male; likely in one of the lighter weight-classes?

While I don't want to pass judgement on either hypothetical individual it would seem the genetic female using TRT to maintain a male appearance fighting a genetic male is the fight scenario that should not be allowed under any circumstance.

The genetic female might as well have been taking years of trenbolone as well and neither should be acceptable.

11. spinup Brown Belt

Frankly, having watched the fight, I really don't see the problem here.

This was a competitive matchup, a classic striker vs grappler fight. McLauglhlin didn't have a significant strength or punching power advantage. She actually got beat up pretty bad. Provost threw a huge volume early in the first round, she was exhausted and is clearly not a grapppler at all. When the fight got to the groundm she got her back taken due to exhaustion and inexperience.

Looking at her physical abilities that night, the doctors who cleared her to fight made the right decision. Maybe she has a better chin than average, but nothing spectacular, she still got knocked down,

So in the end, McLaughlin had a very competitive fight against a 35 years old woman who had a record of 0-1 in pro and 0-2 in amateur. Absolutely not a threat to the WMMA. UFC bantamweight and even flyweight women would dismantle her easily.

Richard Fannin and Ares Black like this.
  12. Ares Black Yellow Card Yellow Card

You should watch the fight.

Richard Fannin likes this.
  13. Kinku Brown Belt

Fallon fox lied being trans, this person didnt and the lady agree to fight. I watch the fight and it wasnt really one sided beat down. As long people aren't force to fight because of gender equality than I'm fine. Ashlee evan smith beat Fallon fox and I can see a much skilled fighter beating this trans too.

Ares Black likes this.
  14. Maruchan Red & Green MIX!

Here's a trans woman and a lesbian talking about this:

15. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

This has gotten somewhat mainstream attention:

16. TorontoTO Brown Belt

This Alana person fights at Featherweight, so can we get a Holloway/Volkanovski/Pitbull/McKee vs. Alana matchup soon?

17. Hellowhosthat Steel Belt

I think Alana Vs Felicia Spencer would put a quick end to the issue tbh.

Ares Black and Kinku like this.
  18. Kinku Brown Belt

The title is kinda misleading, Celine was out striking in the first round and even got Alana wobbled. Wish people watch the fight.

Ares Black likes this.
  19. Ares Black Yellow Card Yellow Card

Definitely a clickbait title.

20. leto1776 Sherdog Wet Shaver Platinum Member

Why would people watch something when they're disgusted by the very concept?