Social Toy Collectors Thread

Yeah that was a good price compared to others listed. Didn't seem like the seller was a diecast seller, moreso just a bunch of random stuff. I rarely go to thrift stores so I haven't checked since my interest. If I did a customization it would be to create a super fast and stable car. Aesthetics comes second. I haven't really done much research yet on customization, but I plan to start with lubricating the axles with dry graphite on certain fast cars. Taking apart hot wheels, swapping axles/wheels and adding weight and putting them back together is something I may try later down the road. I may start with one of those nice metal/metal premium bodies with a wheel swap and lubricated, although I heard some are hard to work with and may requiring a lot of mods. I'm totally not there yet. I do have a premium metal/metal back to the future delorean that seems to have plastic wheels. I'm hoping it's fast so I can lubricate the wheels. I will only do all of this if I get the OK from my wife to build a track on the wall of our downstairs guest/treadmill room though, lol.
I saw on cable on demand a demo video by WheelsNThangs, I think where he totally refurbished an old Hot Wheels car including paint stripping, electrolysis to reapply metal to the casting. His youtube is a good place to start, where I think he lists his tools used.

I also saw these youtubers say they accidentally drilled their hand. This is why I haven't drilled yet. I don't have a proper setup with rubber pieces and a clamp. I do have an automatic center punch which is vital for drilling into metal.

I also don't really want to mess with the toxic paint stripping chemicals.

I recently started messing around with Lego train tracks and the plastic small wheels tend to drag on the track, but the bigger wheels with some sort of rubbery o-ring roll nicely.

I saw on cable on demand a demo video by WheelsNThangs, I think where he totally refurbished an old Hot Wheels car including paint stripping, electrolysis to reapply metal to the casting. His youtube is a good place to start, where I think he lists his tools used.

I also saw these youtubers say they accidentally drilled their hand. This is why I haven't drilled yet. I don't have a proper setup with rubber pieces and a clamp. I do have an automatic center punch which is vital for drilling into metal.

I also don't really want to mess with the toxic paint stripping chemicals.

I recently started messing around with Lego train tracks and the plastic small wheels tend to drag on the track, but the bigger wheels with some sort of rubbery o-ring roll nicely.
I'll try and check it out later. The advance stuff will have to wait. I will probably start with a simple lubrication of the axles first. I've heard some people say that it's amazing what a good lubrication can do to even slow cars assuming the axle isn't bent. It basically makes the wheels spin silently and for a long time if you can apply it well. I just need to get some dry graphite first and practice on some slower cars. I can do this inbetween my workout sets when I'm training at night.

It's from XM Studios so...

Prepare your wallet.

alright @Dizzy now you get to call me out for being a goddamn hypocrite because i just ordered the $135 Bring Arts Marvel Universe Spider-man from Square Enix.

16ba79e026aaab704d2eda2b3d60cae9_1920_KR.jpg

(thank you [pathetic] $600 stimulus)

GTD10_01

Surprised to find this 2021 Hot Wheels Nissan 300ZX in blue. Scalpers missed it. I now have the white, red, black & white Japanese Police, and blue.

Today's Marvel Legends green She-Hulk's calm face sculpt looks great, but boobs too small.

Seems like a bunch of Walmart TVC Beskar Mando w/Grogu pre-orders were canceled. Not sure how irritated I should be since I have shiny Beskar TVC in transit and I think I ordered the standalone TVC Grogu elsewhere.

Anyone get a Target Exclusive 6" Cobra Viper or fatsuit Firefly? Kinda want the Viper, but trying to keep in mind it'll most likely be re-released as re-paint as non-exclusive. Seems like still impossible to find due to instantly being wiped out by scalpers/insiders.

I saw in HISS Tank someone posted a re-paint of Duke with gold colors replaced to look more normal and ordered from 3rd party seller on Amazon. I might need to buy it now. I also saw there side by side pics of orig Scarlet vs. re-paint Scarlet which looks more like glamourous while orig looks like girl next door which is totally fine.

Also read those who had Walmart exclusive TVC dirty Beskar Mando + Grogu + camtono pre-orders canceled were first day pre-orders and recent pre-orders were fulfilled. WTF? Not first come first served.

GTD10_01

Surprised to find this 2021 Hot Wheels Nissan 300ZX in blue. Scalpers missed it. I now have the white, red, black & white Japanese Police, and blue.
WTF did you just find the Super TH version? or was it the one up front in the photo below?
upload_2021-1-13_13-47-58.jpeg

I did find a Toyota AE86 randomly today when I stopped by the supermarket. Haven't seen one in the wild once in the past few months and scalpers take these quick, but I guess I got lucky.
f51c94117a6a71cad815cdeff3dcab18_ce5ff4fb57173df0536165f79f486c09.jpg

WTF did you just find the Super TH version? or was it the one up front in the photo below?
View attachment 825793

I did find a Toyota AE86 randomly today when I stopped by the supermarket. Haven't seen one in the wild once in the past few months and scalpers take these quick, but I guess I got lucky.
f51c94117a6a71cad815cdeff3dcab18_ce5ff4fb57173df0536165f79f486c09.jpg
I got the regular blue 300ZX. No way I'm finding a $TH or TH or HWid.

I kinda like that blue/teal color scheme I've seen in other castings. So far I have 3 Gulfs, 2 Japanese police, 2 Advans, 2 sharkmouths.

I got the regular blue 300ZX. No way I'm finding a $TH or TH or HWid.

I kinda like that blue/teal color scheme I've seen in other castings. So far I have 3 Gulfs, 2 Japanese police, 2 Advans, 2 sharkmouths.
Yeah it's a nice color scheme and to top it off AE86's are very popular. There will be another colorway coming later this year. I'm hoping I can find more Japanese import cars, but those are probably one of the most popular mainline castings. I have yet to find a $TH or HWid, but I found a few TH in the wild. Found a Zamac at walmart a year ago. I'm hoping one day I will walk in a Walmart and find unopen cases that I'm allowed to sift through, lol. On a seperate note Target has a bunch of 50-pack hot wheels on clearance. The one near me had 4 of them left at $27.50 each. 2 each of the same packs. Wish I could have gone through 2 of them to see what was inside. I'm sure some asshole bought both variations, picked the best 50 and mixed the other 50 and returned it....

Yeah it's a nice color scheme and to top it off AE86's are very popular. There will be another colorway coming later this year. I'm hoping I can find more Japanese import cars, but those are probably one of the most popular mainline castings. I have yet to find a $TH or HWid, but I found a few TH in the wild. Found a Zamac at walmart a year ago. I'm hoping one day I will walk in a Walmart and find unopen cases that I'm allowed to sift through, lol. On a seperate note Target has a bunch of 50-pack hot wheels on clearance. The one near me had 4 of them left at $27.50 each. 2 each of the same packs. Wish I could have gone through 2 of them to see what was inside. I'm sure some asshole bought both variations, picked the best 50 and mixed the other 50 and returned it....
I very rarely ever see ZAMAC, and when I do, it's some crap car and even that's rare.

I don't think I ever bought a multi-pack and almost bought the 5 pack with Brian Spilner's silver and blue R34 Skyline, but it didn't look as good as the Premium one I haven't opened yet.

I'm just glad HW got back the Toyota license and looking forward to some new castings.

Is something new and good coming out soon? I'm noticing the stores clearancing out stuff right after xmas and still having lots of empty pegs and shelves. Still no one wants to buy Ghostbusters figures.

Seems like Marvel Legends Squirrel Girl with moped and Storm/Thunderbird could be had for $25 or $19.

I saw Star Wars Black Series Archive Thrawn on Amazon briefly, then not long later only available from 3rd party scalpers.

Back