Social Toy Collectors Thread

Storm Shadow is Japanese. He, Snake Eyes, and Stalker were in the same unit during Vietnam. After the war Stalker went back to Detroit(?) to help out in his old 'hood and Tommy Arishikage (Storm Shadow) invited Snake Eyes back to his family's dojo back in Japan to help him train/heal.

That's why the have the same family clan tattoo on their right forearms.

I think...
I know, except the part about back to Detroit. I recently dug up my old G.I. Joe Marvel issue with the trio origin and also had it in the cheap iTunes collection. What I found out from the collection was one of the Crimson Guards was in that Vietnam ambush battle and left for dead, but after crossing paths with Snake Eyes, etc. years later, became a good guy family man with his assigned family where he was assigned to replace the dad of the family.

Also Arashikage literally means storm shadow in Japanese. Curious if you learned any Japanese during your time there. I'm always impressed when I see foreign sumo wrestlers fluent in Japanese.

I know, except the part about back to Detroit. I recently dug up my old G.I. Joe Marvel issue with the trio origin and also had it in the cheap iTunes collection. What I found out from the collection was one of the Crimson Guards was in that Vietnam ambush battle and left for dead, but after crossing paths with Snake Eyes, etc. years later, became a good guy family man with his assigned family where he was assigned to replace the dad of the family.

Also Arashikage literally means storm shadow in Japanese. Curious if you learned any Japanese during your time there. I'm always impressed when I see foreign sumo wrestlers fluent in Japanese.

I know a little bit, I speak more German than Japanese though. Fun fact, I had a buddy who was from Hawaii and the Akebono (when he was on the cusp of becoming a Yokozuna) came by their base for an Asian-American celebration. He had home video of Akebono chugging a beer and everyone cheering him on..

Three of Akebono's fingers, COVERED THE BOTTLE. That is one gigantic man.

Fun fact, I used to see Konishki on doing bits on Japanese kids shows in the morning when I was getting ready for duty!

He's freaking hilarious!

When Konishiki was on a local cooking show, he was wearing one of those polyester all over full print DBZ Cell Games SSJ Future Trunks shirts, so I'm guessing he's a DBZ fan.

lucked into a Marvel Legends Miles Morales at a random Target i stopped into to grab some snacks when i was picking up something at the next store over. very minor imperfection on the tip of the nose of the Miles head, which is maybe why it was left behind by scalpers? who knows. i was just glad i could cancel my GameStop preorder.

can someone point me in the direction of what website(s) i should bookmark to keep track of upcoming & future Marvel Legends releases?

lucked into a Marvel Legends Miles Morales at a random Target i stopped into to grab some snacks when i was picking up something at the next store over. very minor imperfection on the tip of the nose of the Miles head, which is maybe why it was left behind by scalpers? who knows. i was just glad i could cancel my GameStop preorder.

can someone point me in the direction of what website(s) i should bookmark to keep track of upcoming & future Marvel Legends releases?

I signed up for Hasbro Pulse, it's free and you get a heads up on Kickstarters and new figs. Now they don't have the entire gamut of Marvel figures there (I'm guessing licensing), but you can get some great finds.

Hasbro Pulse | Where Fans Come First

I signed up for Hasbro Pulse, it's free and you get a heads up on Kickstarters and new figs. Now they don't have the entire gamut of Marvel figures there (I'm guessing licensing), but you can get some great finds.

Hasbro Pulse | Where Fans Come First
i preordered my Spider-verse Prowler from there, but i never thought to actually make an account or sign up for the newsletter. just did both. thanks!

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/10/marvel-legends-upcoming-figures-and-waves-checklist/

Fwoosh usually posts pics and details as soon as new stuff is revealed during the livestreams.

1/29 Fri 11a ET is to be Star Wars Fan First Fri probably on HasbroPulse Youtube like usual. I'm more eager to see new G.I. Joe reveals. I'm guessing new Star Wars would just be Mandalorian Season 2 figures.

Got the new ninjago set.

0nQAm1x.jpg

This is gonna look cool next to my city. But now I got to buy the docks too

http://thefwoosh.com/2020/10/marvel-legends-upcoming-figures-and-waves-checklist/

Fwoosh usually posts pics and details as soon as new stuff is revealed during the livestreams.

1/29 Fri 11a ET is to be Star Wars Fan First Fri probably on HasbroPulse Youtube like usual. I'm more eager to see new G.I. Joe reveals. I'm guessing new Star Wars would just be Mandalorian Season 2 figures.
1872E7EF-8C85-4653-A39B-2C25A4D84AB0.jpeg

<{jackyeah}>
although shrouded in mystery, this is definitely something for me to look forward to. thanks for the link!

michael-jackson-smooth-criminal-deluxe-version_michael-jackson_gallery_600a20ad393f2.jpg

Not really a toy but it's still pretty awesome. $1399 at Sideshow. Yeah, I can't afford it! :)

Today saw Classified Zartan pre-order up again on Amazon and tried to order, but during the time I logged in and attempted to put in cart, it was wiped out.

Zartan's back on Amazon again. I suspect they make available a certain number at various times of day.

The other day I watched old G.I. Joe re-runs on Discovery Family and in the same episode, I think Destro and Baroness call Dr. Mindbender both Dr. Mindbender and Dr. Brain Wave. Weird.

Saw the Hot Wheels Premium Gran Turismo black & white Mazda 787 again and pulled the trigger.

Listened to a couple months old WOJM podcast where the co-host who's a former Hasbro employee said the guy who presented the Retro reveals during livestream where many say he's stoned out of his mind isn't and just sounds like that, worked his way up from prototype painter to designer, was too new to designing so couldn't have been responsible for the Retro crap selections which were likely put together by staff before his time, is one of the best G.I. Joe fan advocates working for Hasbro so we will be pleased when his own designs eventually are produced.

I saw a youtube vid of the G.I. Joe 3.75" 50th Anniversary Firefly and boy did that look like the ultimate definitive version. I wish I could have bought that brand new. I wish this toy thread was made a few years earlier. So much stuff I could have bought if I only paid attention back then.

Can't wait for the G.I. Joe Retro Cobra Commander and O Face Duke.

Are the Retro Joes able to be disassembled for parts swaps? I didn't see any back screws.

I really need a modern Firefly and Quick Kick, Gung Ho, Cobra Trooper, Beach Head, Torpedo, Tomax, Xamot, Cobra Viper, Cobra Ninjas, 1st appearance Storm Shadow.

Does anyone here collect Funko Pops? I just don't get it.

I will never buy Funko Pops. They're so damn fugly. People keep them in the boxes. They do have a ton of interesting licenses.

Funko Pops are strange. I can see bobbleheads and I have a Rush set on my desk, but beyond that I'm good.

Back