Social Toy Collectors Thread

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Smokes, Mar 9, 2019.

1. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

LMF and Strychnine like this.
  2. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

Disney Store had a bunch of stuff discounted including Toybox for maybe $7.98 including Maul (Scottie Pippen), the jumbo probably over 1 ft tall Stormtrooper, but Beskar Mando not discounted and no Mando w/Grogu Toybox. Saw a bunch of Capt Marvel and Wasp Marvel Select, Taskmaster too. Rarely ever see any Marvel Legends or Star Wars Black Series. Never saw any SW TVC. I'm wondering if they're doing a mad rush to sell whatever to make up for lost revenue for all those months of being closed and still owing big mall rent.

A few days bef xmas, Walmart had maybe 3 or 4 overflow aisles of misc toys. Today all gone and replaced by other stuff. I wonder if they clearanced it all on the 26th.

What's sad is on any given day here, there's nowhere that has any stock of Star Wars TVC and barely any Black Series.

Seems like no one wants the Marvel Legends Retro white Jim Lee Storm. Other pegwarmers: Hasbro Ghostbusters, Spin Master DC Unite Superman and Batman(s) and his foes.

What about Best Buy or Amazon.com pre-order? I know I often see them in Target before scalpers wipe them out and before my Amazon pre-orders arrive. I wouldn't count on being able to find what I want at Target due to aggressive scalpers who patrol multiple times a day.

I'd be afraid ordering from Gamestop because who knows if they'll go bankrupt any day. I did see posts saying their orders were shipping very promptly during sales.

Hand Ninja got wiped out really fast first day of pre-order and never seen available again. It's ok since doesn't look that good with gi tails sticking out.

I think Best Buy online had ML Vulture comic version wave for clearance around $10.99.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  3. HenryFlower (sheesh!)

[​IMG]

finally got here today. shit photo but i’m about to tear into the packaging lol

4. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

The blue looks darker than mine. I've seen the others in that wave in stores, but rarely ever saw the Spidey if ever.

If they used that new mold to make a Secret Wars black costume Spidey, I might buy.

What you gonna pick up next to team up w/Spidey?

armbarforhire likes this.
  5. HenryFlower (sheesh!)

i think that’s just the shite photo/lighting making the blue look darker than it actually is.

right now i have the 2020 Marvel Legends x-men Deadpool, but gonna try to snag the Marvel Legends Spider-verse Miles & Prowler tomorrow morning at Target, assuming their website release date is accurate (already preordered a Miles from GameStop though just in case)

6. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

[​IMG]

Found me one of these Lego CMF Space Police minifigures. I really liked the Space theme as a kid, but never really had a chance to buy the cooler sets. This one came with extra handcuffs, extra flashlight, has the classic Lego Space logo underneath in a similar torso as the Futuron(?) with the diagonal two color Reebok UFC fight kit style. It has the same armor as Batman v Superman and that also has the Space logo. The helmet and legs are dual molded in two colors.

There wasn't any others in this series that I liked. Seems like a bunch of the others had quite a few accessories, more than usual. While searching, I did find quite a few of the paddleboard guy. Of course used handsanitizer afterwards and washed the pack with soap before opening.

A while back, saw the Lone Ranger Constitution train set had a cool gatling gun, so finally made my own gatling gun with gear parts. I thought the gatling gun platform rotated as the train rolled, but I may have been wrong. Just the barrels rotate via hand crank.

7. C-H-L Cool Hand (Just the Flu)ke

So a few year ago my wife bought this on ebay or target for about 50 bucks. We decided he was too young for it then and we'd just give it to him in a few years instead. I've joked that she should just wrap it up and give it to me now that neither boy shows that much interest in Transformers.

Screenshot_20210101-113859_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I fjnally go to open it this morning as it is still new in box and a voice calls out and says 'Maybe check to see what it's worth for fun before damaging the packaging?'

Check Amazon prime and you can buy them for 350 bucks.....

AlphaBetaShark and armbarforhire like this.
  8. Strychnine Steel Belt

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! I always tell every kid around Christmastime.. Take ONE toy, never open it, put it in a box, and forget about it. Great stuff man! :)

C-H-L likes this.
  9. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I recently saw an Amazon 3rd party listing for a maybe few years old Dragon Stars Beerus figure that is like $19.99 retail asking for $119+. I think the scalpers just put up crazy asking prices hoping there'd be someone who thinks that's just what it costs as if it's some high quality Japanese figure.

C-H-L likes this.
  10. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

What happens when you sell it as new unopened and turns out the actual toy was never in the box to begin with and instead there's like rocks or phone book in there? Who has to eat the loss? The store? The seller? The buyer?

11. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

Who ended up finding the Target exclusive G.I. Joe Cobra Island Cobra Viper or Firefly?

I'm assuming the stores here didn't get the shipment yet. Likely would pass on Firefly since a reviewer or poster said the bulky bomb vest doesn't come off and the weird face. Seems they put those vests on every figure. They should at least design it to be able to come off easily without damaging anything and give people an option for on or off.

12. Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

If you like Transformers, I got a tip for you
    There is a channel that discusses many transformers from cartoon, toy to comics.
    For instance

AlphaBetaShark and C-H-L like this.
  13. C-H-L Cool Hand (Just the Flu)ke

there were multiple places to buy from on Amazon around that 350 range. Ebay was a bit more varied ranging from around 200 upt to 440.

is there means or a place I can go to determine the value or desirability of Toys like thses

14. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I think if eBay seller sells multiples, you can click to see the history of sales, dates, and selling prices and unique buyers partially redacted.

C-H-L likes this.
  15. Strychnine Steel Belt

Well, when I buy from Ebay I always use paypal. I ordered a Predator figure from there for a present for a buddy of mine and it never arrived. I contacted Ebay and I got my money back that day. I guess it was a bait and snatch, but Ebay made it right. I have no idea what action they took on the seller but this buyer was taken care of.

I think Amazon has a similar policy.

16. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

I saw a really nice custom black ninja head made for G.I. Joe Classified on eBay. Painted is $20 + $5 shipping. Unpainted is $10 + $5.

I saw there's a new S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Full Power Son Goku coming mid-year. Curious if it's a new mold, or just new alternate friendly face. If Target will stock it, I might buy it. I like the SSJ better than the Saiyan Raised on Earth regular mode.

17. Joe_Armstrong Starfleet Belt

What I noticed those Deluxe models of Transformers have a different English name
    Hard to find if you don't know the name

18. GSP_37 Titanium Belt

G.I. Joe Retro Wave 4 codenames of the 3 leaked where one is rumored to be Cobra Trooper based on codename being same as Classified Cobra Trooper.

Strychnine likes this.
  19. Badger67 Taxidea taxus

Picked up some vintage 1988 ninja turtles. Out of box but great condition still. Super happy from the memories.

Strychnine likes this.
  20. AlphaBetaShark Blue Belt

Here's another good channel that does fully voiced stop motion.