Social Toy Collectors Thread

Transformers X Back To The Future collaboration (Gigawatt) from Hasbro is up for pre-order.

E8545_PROD_TRA_PROJECT_FUTURE_1944_Large_300DPI_40239bce-ff81-4212-88a3-ffc5ead5dfce_1024x1024.jpg

E8545_PROD_TRA_PROJECT_FUTURE_1940_edit_f52034fd-e2cc-481c-ba14-e5e36fb21dd1_1024x1024.jpg

E8545_PROD_TRA_PROJECT_FUTURE_1942_edit_c986daa7-fdf7-4629-8dde-3189d34acb73_1024x1024.jpg

Transformers Generations Collaborative: Back to the Future Mash-Up, Gi – Hasbro Pulse

The Star Wars 2.5"(?) scale Mission Fleet Obi Jedi Starfighter/Interceptor is looking tempting.

If anything, the Haslab Razor Crest would go up a ton in value due to limited production run and intricate detailed construction... not to mention limited Razor Crest exclusive TVC Mando with soft goods cape and exclusive Grogu sculpt.

i'm about to go nuts on this site for my birthday

i want that razor rest BAD

I went for the Sentinel when it was up on Kickstarter. I freaking love Mecha.. I had to pull the trigger.

apart from being cool - is this something that will end up being valuable?

I'm no prognosticator, but I think that it would. With transformers collectors, if they don't get in on this one, the hardcores will pay aftermarket prices... I think.

Saw a ton of Bandai Boba Fett model kits at Target. Scalpers not into those?

Among the retro kids days stuff, I'm having big G.I. Joe fever, will buy Star Wars, Marvel Legends, bought a He-Man and Skeletor modern remake, but for whatever reason have zero excitement or motivation for Transformers even after digging up several but not all of what I had. Never felt the urge to buy any of the well done modern ones or to watch any of the modern or original cartoons.

Is Hasbro done with Marvel Mondays?

Saw a ton of Bandai Boba Fett model kits at Target. Scalpers not into those?

Among the retro kids days stuff, I'm having big G.I. Joe fever, will buy Star Wars, Marvel Legends, bought a He-Man and Skeletor modern remake, but for whatever reason have zero excitement or motivation for Transformers even after digging up several but not all of what I had. Never felt the urge to buy any of the well done modern ones or to watch any of the modern or original cartoons.

Is Hasbro done with Marvel Mondays?

Just wondering, how much do you spend per month on collectibles?

For me, probably about $100 on average but this month has already been above that. Grabbed the Lego Mando Razor Crest and Kotobukiya Wonder Woman Bishoujo. About $200 so far...

Just wondering, how much do you spend per month on collectibles?

For me, probably about $100 on average but this month has already been above that. Grabbed the Lego Mando Razor Crest and Kotobukiya Wonder Woman Bishoujo. About $200 so far...
Dunno, but maybe $0 to $80? I stick to Hasbro and it's not unusual to not find anything appealing to pre-order when they do a livestream reveal. I have zero interest in the House of X wave. I easily stay away from some stuff others go bananas for. It seems I rarely find any figures to buy in store.

Instead of buying the Lego Jedi Starfighter/Interceptor for maybe $25 on sale, I'm ending up spending quite a bit more on custom ordering parts, including whatever other interesting new parts I become aware of.

If I feel like I'm splurging, I try to think of it as supporting the economy and rewarding myself for past successes. The biggest single piece I bought in ages was TVC Slave-I, but that had like a discount and free gift card usage from buying iTunes gift card discounted and used on ESPN+ and Disney+.

I'm finding the newer Star Wars Black Series and some Marvel Legends are like closer to $30 regular retail than $19.99. I missed the ML Hand Ninja on day 1 pre-order for $19.99 and just saw it for $29.99, so passed.

I'm noticing a lot of old TVC pegwarmers sold by shipped by Amazon are still at full retail price.

Dunno, but maybe $0 to $80? I stick to Hasbro and it's not unusual to not find anything appealing to pre-order when they do a livestream reveal. I have zero interest in the House of X wave. I easily stay away from some stuff others go bananas for. It seems I rarely find any figures to buy in store.

Instead of buying the Lego Jedi Starfighter/Interceptor for maybe $25 on sale, I'm ending up spending quite a bit more on custom ordering parts, including whatever other interesting new parts I become aware of.

If I feel like I'm splurging, I try to think of it as supporting the economy and rewarding myself for past successes. The biggest single piece I bought in ages was TVC Slave-I, but that had like a discount and free gift card usage from buying iTunes gift card discounted and used on ESPN+ and Disney+.

I'm finding the newer Star Wars Black Series and some Marvel Legends are like closer to $30 regular retail than $19.99. I missed the ML Hand Ninja on day 1 pre-order for $19.99 and just saw it for $29.99, so passed.

I'm noticing a lot of old TVC pegwarmers sold by shipped by Amazon are still at full retail price.

That’s a pretty good budget. I thought you spent a lot because you seem to find new figures at stores all the time. But I guess it doesn’t mean you buy all of them.

Just remembered, bought McFarlane Azrael and his right leg broke right away once I moved it. I’m returning it back to Amazon.

Got this in the mail yesterday.

470_e3335c0f-d522-4a54-bba4-58d1cecc81df_480x480@2x.jpg

I didn't order it from this company but I bid on Ebay. I got a great price and It's the first thing I bid on Ebay that I've actually won and received. :)

I was hemming and hawing on this one for a while and when I went to buy it, it was sold out. So I went to Ebay as it was my last resort that wasn't upwards of $80.

Last edited:
For the first time ever I bought my first Hot Wheels at resale. Paid $4 shipped (although I had like $3.70 ebay bucks, so basically $0.30). I did not get it for the looks, but I've heard multiple people say that it's their fastest or one of the fastest casting on their track among several hundred other cars. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
il_570xN.1879821496_1fbf.jpg

Lately I have been really eyeing out older Hot Wheel cars that have proven to be fast, but I hate to even think about paying more than $7-8 for a single Hot Wheel. There are some 2015 Redline Series cars that are metal/metal with plastic wheels that I want, but most are in the $10-15 range. Maybe I should just get into customizing them for speed, but that's a entire different beast.

For the first time ever I bought my first Hot Wheels at resale. Paid $4 shipped (although I had like $3.70 ebay bucks, so basically $0.30). I did not get it for the looks, but I've heard multiple people say that it's their fastest or one of the fastest casting on their track among several hundred other cars. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.

Lately I have been really eyeing out older Hot Wheel cars that have proven to be fast, but I hate to even think about paying more than $7-8 for a single Hot Wheel. There are some 2015 Redline Series cars that are metal/metal with plastic wheels that I want, but most are in the $10-15 range. Maybe I should just get into customizing them for speed, but that's a entire different beast.

I've got to admit...

That's one sweet ride... No pun intended...

$4 shipped doesn't sound like much profit from selling Hot Wheels online.

Have you considered checking thrift stores for old castings? After seeing a HW restoration video, I was emboldened to attempt restoring a Ferrari 308 or whatever I could find in thrift store baggies. After maybe 3 visits, I found 3 Ferraris that I haven't attempted to drill yet. I could have had a Sesto Elemento, but figured HW still has Lambo license, so I'll just buy that brand new.

$4 shipped doesn't sound like much profit from selling Hot Wheels online.

Have you considered checking thrift stores for old castings? After seeing a HW restoration video, I was emboldened to attempt restoring a Ferrari 308 or whatever I could find in thrift store baggies. After maybe 3 visits, I found 3 Ferraris that I haven't attempted to drill yet. I could have had a Sesto Elemento, but figured HW still has Lambo license, so I'll just buy that brand new.
Yeah that was a good price compared to others listed. Didn't seem like the seller was a diecast seller, moreso just a bunch of random stuff. I rarely go to thrift stores so I haven't checked since my interest. If I did a customization it would be to create a super fast and stable car. Aesthetics comes second. I haven't really done much research yet on customization, but I plan to start with lubricating the axles with dry graphite on certain fast cars. Taking apart hot wheels, swapping axles/wheels and adding weight and putting them back together is something I may try later down the road. I may start with one of those nice metal/metal premium bodies with a wheel swap and lubricated, although I heard some are hard to work with and may requiring a lot of mods. I'm totally not there yet. I do have a premium metal/metal back to the future delorean that seems to have plastic wheels. I'm hoping it's fast so I can lubricate the wheels. I will only do all of this if I get the OK from my wife to build a track on the wall of our downstairs guest/treadmill room though, lol.

Back