Tony fights like a better version of a young Jon Jones

you re confusing rocked with wobbled/stunned.
giphy.gif

Jones has great wrestling a good chin and good distance management.

Tony gets dropped in almost every fight

Tony ferguson is the 30 something randy couture of the 40 something crowd

- Same body type
- Crazy spinning elbows and kicks
- Unorthodox movements
- Poor boxing
- Both junior college wrestlers on massive winning streaks
- Good submissions

Khabib vs Tony is also a similar matchup to Prime Cain vs Jones
No

He doesn't

the entire Gus fight is good ;)
Jon-Jone-face-beat-up.jpg

so yeah the dude has been rocked. Lol at fanboys " he has NEVER been rocked !"
{<jordan}
He hasn't though

Gus hit him with almost entirely glancing blows

Which tend to cause the most visible damage

He very rarely has actually been hit cleanly throughout his career though

Tony wants to brawl Jones was a master tactician but he was winning and he still wins.

- Same body type
- Crazy spinning elbows and kicks
- Unorthodox movements
- Poor boxing
- Both junior college wrestlers on massive winning streaks
- Good submissions

Khabib vs Tony is also a similar matchup to Prime Cain vs Jones
Maybe in some delusional world this is true and don't get me wrong, I've loved Tony since TUF, but he is nothing like a young Jones, unless I somehow missed all the times young Jon got badly rocked or taken down and controlled on the ground forcing him too battle back from adversity to out last and overwhelm his opponent.

I could be wrong but I seem to recall young Jones (and every version of Jones really) always being in complete control and doing whatever he pleased with only 2 of his fights to date being even remotely competitive, only 1 of which he was ever in even the slightest danger of losing.

After considering these facts I'm afraid I fail too see how you could possibly have drawn this conclusion my friend but, as they say, everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how wrong it may be, haha. Cheers dude.

lmfao this is a joke.hes taken alot of damage .theres not even a fighter past or present that could beat jones

a gif is not an argument my friend. At least I know you don't have any now ...

No point in arguing with someone who can't admit they're wrong. Others in this thread telling you you're wrong. You've quoted the Urban dictionary, posted gifs which others say aren't cases of him being rocked and gone off on weird racial tangents. You literally don't understand what being rocked is. It's worse than arguing with a child.

Huge Tony fan here but also a Jones detractor, night and day difference...

As stated several times already, some of these conclusions are speculative, and I may be way off, this is obviously just my observation and opinion...
<mma4>

-Tony often gambles, much more than Jones for sure, sometimes takes a blow to deliver one, thus he gets hit more often and cleanly, Jones has been hit, but not so much as dropped.
<{pranko}>
-Tony’s recovery is on par with Jones, his abilities to absorb and endure fight ending shots without flinching... not so much
<{cruzshake}>
-Tony sits down on his shots, yet maintains an incredibly fast pace, Jones is much more measured and calculated. We have never have seen Jones gas, but have never seen him attempt to break fighters through cardiovascular pressure. This seems to be one of Tony best tools, he mentally breaks fighters through gassing them, it’s quite impressive actually.
<{jackyeah}>
-Jones defensive and offensive wrestling is much better than Tony’s, as is his GNP and top pressure. Tony I’m guessing is much more comfortable, and probably better working off his back, but this is purely speculation.
<Fedor23>
-Tony has good power in his hands, Jones is pillow fisted, Tony’s kicks however don’t pack the fight changing effect that Jones kicks have.
{<redford}
-Tony is batshit crazy, he goes into a fight purely with the intensions to end his opponents through whatever mean at his disposal, Jones goes into fights to win first and foremost, his MO is beating other fighter at their own strategy.
<JonesLaugh>
-Both maintain high levels of focus through the fight, but Tony has an intensity on another level, he seemingly does makeshift adjustments midfight. Jones seems focused on the game plan and doesn’t stray from the architecture laid out for him, even in close fights we’ve never seen deviation in his trajectory.
<{nope}>
-Jones thus far has been unbeatable, Jones has been in close fights, we’ve never seen him come from behind to snatch victory out of the clutches of defeat. Tony has looked beatable and somehow through self believe wills himself through close fights. I’d say Jones appears to be more of a front runner, again this is purely speculation.
<5>

-Both men use their physical tools to the best of their ability, Jones uses his size, length, and reach to dictate where the fight takes place on his terms. Tony uses his cardio, Will and relentlessness to push the pace and drown his opponents in the deeper waters.
<Prem771>
-Both are incredibly fighters despite their differences, regardless of if your a fan or not one day whenever they have moved on they will leave their mark on the UFC that will endure...
<WellThere>

No point in arguing with someone who can't admit they're wrong. Others in this thread telling you you're wrong. You've quoted the Urban dictionary, posted gifs which others say aren't cases of him being rocked and gone off on weird racial tangents. You literally don't understand what being rocked is. It's worse than arguing with a child.
who ?
telling me I am wrong without arguments doesn't mean I am wrong, if someone doesn't want to admit they're wrong, it is you my friend.

So getting rocked is the same as being wobbled or getting stuned according to you ?

Glancing? Did you even watch the fight? He was getting hit clean at will. Glover and DC hit him flush too but gus landed the most flush clean shots on him out of anyone.
Think you need to watch the fight again and evaluate what clean actually js

get rocked = Handed an unreturnable blow, or a powerful punch or slap.

Getting rocked doesn't mean lose equilibrium dummy, it just means getting hit HARD, and Jones got hit HARD many times, whether you like it or not. I know you need a black idol, but c'mon ....
Getting rocked means a fighter is placed in extreme danger by the blow, it has to do with the effect on the fighter, beyond simply getting hit hard.
Marvin Hagler got hit many times with very hard blows by big punching MWs in an era of great fighters but is quite possibly the least rocked fighter I’ve ever seen. He got hit with likely 30 hard punches the first two rounds against Hearns and was rocked once, in the first for like 10 seconds.
I don’t agree with your definition at all.

Getting rocked means a fighter is placed in extreme danger by the blow, it has to do with the effect on the fighter, beyond simply getting hit hard.
that's your definition, the common definition of " getting rocked " is being hit by a powerful punch flush.

Being put in extreme danger is getting "stunned or wobbled "which can come from a big punch or just a subtile jabs.

that's your definition, the common definition of " getting rocked " is being hit by a powerful punch flush.

Being put in extreme danger is getting "stunned or wobbled "which can come from a big punch or just a subtile jabs.
Sorry bud but that's not the common definition of being rocked. Plenty people in this thread telling you you're wrong but you refuse to accept it.

Sorry bud but that's not the common definition of being rocked. Plenty people in this thread telling you you're wrong but you refuse to accept it.
all those guys are biased for their idol ...

What are you a moron?

Getting hit flush and taking it like it’s nothing is in no way shape or form being rocked. Being rocked is actually being hit so hard it’s makes you have to regain your composure.

Been arguing about it with this can for a day now. Do yourself a favour and just ignore him. He’s an idiot.

Back