Tony fights like a better version of a young Jon Jones

Many people tripping... One of the most stupid comparisons of all time. Comparing a nobody with DA GOAT... Outrageous. Not even close in almost all aspects of the game.
Its jones :eek: the avatar is even funnier under that pretense

not my first language sorry, it is my 3rd ...

Lol at your article the first point they make is :
"there’s different types of getting rocked."

How are we supposed to know what is happening in Jones' head ? there's something called poker face, it is well known in combat sport, I doubt you know what it is, you seem to be a casual. Some fighter get hit hard but don't show it.

You have no way to know if they are wobble, stunned etc. But one thing is for sure, when you land one big punch lunch, you rocked him. You can't change the vocabulary my friend sorry for you ...

Hope your IQ will help you to understand this time, I know you are not born with the highest one to say the least ...

Casual, LOL. I've sparred for many, many years and cornered many fights, so there's another one you're wrong on. I've been rocked myself and rocked others too. If you're genuinely rocked, a poker face won't hide it to those who know what to look for. You can maybe trick them into thinking you're not rocked that badly or recovered quickly, but there's no hiding the initial reaction to being rocked.

I'm beating a dead horse now.

Tony gets beat up in a lot of fights... I don’t remember a young Bones catching a beating ever

Tony got knocked down more times in the Lando Vanatta fight than Jonea has in 10 years lol

Casual, LOL. I've sparred for many, many years and cornered many fights, so there's another one you're wrong on. I've been rocked myself and rocked others too. If you're genuinely rocked, a poker face won't hide it to those who know what to look for. You can maybe trick them into thinking you're not rocked that badly or recovered quickly, but there's no hiding the initial reaction to being rocked.

I'm beating a dead horse now.
you re confusing rocked with wobbled/stunned.

They're nothing alike lol. Young Jon Jones took people down and smashed them/submitted them. See his fights with Bonnar, Vera, Matyushenko, Bader.

plenty definition : more than enough.

Jones has been rocked many times just in the Gus fight, rocked in the machida fight, rocked in the saint preux fight, even the rampage fight etc I don't have gifs to provide, but if you want you can just rewatch those fights.

Jones has a hell of a chin, but he has been tagged many times ...
Vu2Ph7O.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gus-jon-jones-fight.jpg

Again I am not saying that at out of the blue, it was in response of a comment saying " Jones has never been rocked ". I don't know how you can even defend that comment ...

He somehow wasn't rocked by any of these.

They have some similarities, but to me Jones stands out because he is lanky and tall, yet his takedown defense is unlike anything we have ever seen. Jones also has incredible throws and take downs. Tony doesn’t seem to have those things in his arsenal.

Disagree.

Other than being creative with his striking ... Jones doesn't take much damage, fights at a distance due to his amazing reach advantage, has insane advantage in clinch and takedowns over his opponents usually.

Tony is really more like a better Diaz brother.

Dont remember jones getting dropped or losing.
<JonesLaugh>

They're not at all the same.

Jones is a MUCH better wrestler.

Jones has a freakish body for his weight class. Tony, not so much.

Only one fighter has ever busted Jones up. It seems like Tony gets busted up every other fight.

Tony is very good off of his back. I can't ever remember Jones ever being on his back.

Tony likes to punch people in the face. Jones spends the majority of his time using those stupid fucking leg kicks.

Jones is physically a very strong man for his weight division. Tony is pretty average strength for his weight division.

Tony is kind of a crazy dude.
Jones is just a bad person that lacks morality.

Tony is all about entertaining the fans. Jones is all about winning fights.

I could go on

Jones was never held down like Tony was an entire fight

Jones used to implement big throws when he was younger, when has Ferguson ever done this?

And Ferguson has always been a pretty poor wrestler at best, he also gets hit a lot more than Jones.

A better comparison would've been to condit, as I learnt from a thread last week. The biggest differences being Tony has better wrestling but no headkick whereas condit has no wrestling but all the headkicks.

A better comparison would've been to condit, as I learnt from a thread last week. The biggest differences being Tony has better wrestling but no headkick whereas condit has no wrestling but all the headkicks.

Solid comparison. Prime NBK was awesome.

One other thing Tony has is those massive freaking hands, that ruin guys faces even when he's just landing jabs.

Back