Tony fights like a better version of a young Jon Jones

He hasn't though

Gus hit him with almost entirely glancing blows

Which tend to cause the most visible damage

He very rarely has actually been hit cleanly throughout his career though
plenty definition : more than enough.

Jones has been rocked many times just in the Gus fight, rocked in the machida fight, rocked in the saint preux fight, even the rampage fight etc I don't have gifs to provide, but if you want you can just rewatch those fights.

Jones has a hell of a chin, but he has been tagged many times ...
Vu2Ph7O.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gus-jon-jones-fight.jpg

Again I am not saying that at out of the blue, it was in response of a comment saying " Jones has never been rocked ". I don't know how you can even defend that comment ...

Last edited:
That's a bit of reach if you ask me....
giphy.gif

Jones has never been rocked and it’s almost impossible to take him down or get inside him without eating elbows and knee stomps unlike Tony.

I remember him being dropped by a knee from gus, but now I'm not sure.

- Same body type
- Crazy spinning elbows and kicks
- Unorthodox movements
- Poor boxing
- Both junior college wrestlers on massive winning streaks
- Good submissions

Jones is far with his kicking techniques,
tony has a great volume of his punching strikes, jones has a low one but he as far better defensive boxing than ferguson, el cucy gets hitted so many times per fight.
both are great at submissions but jones preffers to be on top always, ferguson usually does his work off the bottom.

Jon has never been rocked, let alone knocked down. Of course he’s eaten some nice punches over the years, like anyone else, but he’s never been in any serious danger from a strike.

When I think about fighters getting “rocked”, I’m thinking about shots that make the legs buckle, shots that make the eyes roll, shots that put the opponent into instant survival mode.

Good example would be Conor vs Nate I, where Nate put that 1-2 right on Conor’s chin and made his legs buckle. A punch that lands so well your opponent can’t even refocus himself for a few moments.

A more extreme example would be the Lee vs Barboza fight, when the spinning kick lands and Lee’s entire motor function completely falls apart, though he’s still conscious and can engage survival tactics.

Last edited:
seriously

anybody

rewatch Ferguson vs Barboza

T-ferg was taking shots like he was inhuman, he absorbed the shots, sometimes they were so hard that he stumbled backwards, not because they rocked him but because of how powerful they were

no...........he doesnt..........................at all......................in the slightest

dumbest fucking comparison I honestly truly think I have EVER seen

post one gif of Jon being "rocked" and I'll post a picture of my asshole and take a permaban.

you must have a different definition for the term "rocked" than 999/1000 people

Jones has been rocked many times just in the Gus fight, rocked in the machida fight, rocked in the saint preux fight, even the rampage fight etc I don't have gifs to provide, but if you want you can just rewatch those fights.

Vu2Ph7O.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gus-jon-jones-fight.jpg

Again I am not saying that at out of the blue, it was in response of a comment saying " Jones has never been rocked ". I don't know how you can even defend that comment ...

Spread ‘em!!

Vu2Ph7O.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

gus-jon-jones-fight.jpg

I didn't defend it, I asked you to show when he was rocked, since you claimed it had happened "plenty of times". Looking at your "proof", I'm not sure if you know what being rocked is. OSP one was just him being punched, but he wasn't rocked in the slightest. Ate the Rashad one like a sandwich too. The others I already said he did get rocked in, but even looking at the Lyoto one now, it looks as if he was more caught off-balance than being on queer street/wobbly legs.

Now these are clear cases of being rocked
3No46.gif

3No3r.gif

PoorGaseousBunny-size_restricted.gif

Ladies and gentlemen, let this be your weekly reminder to not smoke crack

Nah - There is no wreckless nature to any way Jon Jones fights. Apples and oranges. I only mean that in comparison.
Ferguson, sometimes, has this " just let it fly " nature but hes very good.

I didn't defend it, I asked you to show when he was rocked, since you claimed it had happened "plenty of times". Looking at your "proof", I'm not sure if you know what being rocked is. OSP one was just him being punched, but he wasn't rocked in the slightest. Ate the Rashad one like a sandwich too. The others I already said he did get rocked in, but even looking at the Lyoto one now, it looks as if he was more caught off-balance than being on queer street/wobbly legs.

Now these are clear cases of being rocked
3No46.gif

3No3r.gif

PoorGaseousBunny-size_restricted.gif
I never said jones was getting rocked more than ferguson, what is wrong with you ??
<6>
I never mention ferguson even once ...

All I said, is that someone's comment " Jones has never been rocked " is no sense, why r you harassing me mate ? I want to call the police !

TS - don't hop in a car now and hit a pregnant woman.

Give it some time to wear off.

no...........he doesnt..........................at all......................in the slightest

dumbest fucking comparison I honestly truly think I have EVER seen

post one gif of Jon being "rocked" and I'll post a picture of my asshole and take a permaban.

you must have a different definition for the term "rocked" than 999/1000 people

Jones. Rocked. By Kent "Yellow" Ledbetter:

BOOM! ROASTED! SHOW YOUR HOLE!

I remember him being dropped by a knee from gus, but now I'm not sure.

sGpFwmv.gif

giphy.gif

You're probably thinking of one of these where he stunned with a knee and followed up with a knockdown via punches.

Neither vs Jones

Last edited:
I never said jones was getting rocked more than ferguson, what is wrong with you ??
<6>
I never mention ferguson even once ...

All I said, is that someone's comment " Jones has never been rocked " is no sense, why r you harassing me mate ? I want to call the police !

But, he hasn't been rocked plenty of times, so you were wrong. Just don't want to admit it.

You can call the police now, pussy.

I do sign up to the belief that Tony is underrated somewhat but saying he's a better version of the GOAT is a bit of a reach... Quite a bit of a reach actually.

Back