News Tonight's Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel Cancelled

Also means unless they do some tweaking (I doubt it), Cortney Casey vs. Cynthia Calvillo will be the 5000th fight in UFC history, and not Kron vs Caceres.
I'm sure GOATvillo is honored to take part in such a historic bout

I just won't drink as much Sierra mist, so I wont need the extra bathroom break.

I wonder how they will rearrange the Card. Hopefully, Cacares vs Kron still ends up being 5000. Also I wonder if Barao gets bumped up or if he stays on the Pre-Prelims to draw people to ESPN+.

Sucks for Penne and her opponent that went through a full fight camp.

That sucks. It was a good fight, but Penne looked rough after missing weight.

https://www.ufc.com/news/penne-vs-esquibel-removed-ufc-phoenix

"Due to injury, Jessica Penne has been removed from her Sunday bout against Jodie Esquibel.

The UFC Phoenix card, which airs on ESPN and is headlined by the heavyweight bout between Cain Velasquez and Francis Ngannou, will proceed as scheduled with 12 bouts."

Also means unless they do some tweaking (I doubt it), Cortney Casey vs. Cynthia Calvillo will be the 5000th fight in UFC history, and not Kron vs Caceres.

3 fight losing streak
18 month USADA suspension
Misses weight by 2lb (after calling for a 105lb division)
Injures herself on the morning of the fight

Im guessing we may have seen the last of Jessica Penne in the UFC

No way should an atomweight like Penne struggle to hit 115. Something was clearly up.
shes not been an atomweight for a long time

I think the bigger question would be how the fuck did she ever make 105

Tai4Pn5.jpg

Sad times
Needs Joe Rogan face.

3 fight losing streak
18 month USADA suspension
Misses weight by 2lb (after calling for a 105lb division)
Injures herself on the morning of the fight

Im guessing we may have seen the last of Jessica Penne in the UFC
I'd tend to agree with you. Not a good look for Penne.

shes not been an atomweight for a long time

I think the bigger question would be how the fuck did she ever make 105
She hasn't been there for a while but not like she got bigger after leaving the division and recently was calling for the UFC to make a 105 division. She should of made weight easily still.

sprained her ankle warming up..

went back and watched the event, the prelims were actually good on that card, the main card itself though was tragic. I felt like more fighters were fighting not to lose as opposed to fighting to win, which stinks (sometimes that's just how it goes though). Chick fight was the only saving grace of that main card.

Also, you should keep that joint break still.
this is all true.

i understand why the rules are the way they are, but i feel like aggression should be weighted a bit more somehow.. and no, not the way sanchez beat someone like kampmann

sprained her ankle warming up..

What does that mean for the supposed purse penalty that was going to be implemented?

Does her opponent get nothing, because she doesn't even get to fight? Or does she still get the 20% extra?

Someone explain this circus to me.

Back