News Tonight's Jessica Penne vs. Jodie Esquibel Cancelled

They might as well cancel the card now how on earth will they move on from this? So devastating.

oh, my gawd! One less WMMA bout? What ever will we do?

Well that's too bad. I kind of wanted to see that fight.

I did also. Two former atomweights. Maybe a little heat because Penne was quite a bitch to Esquibel's close friend, Waterson.

I hate to be that guy but damn she turned kinda...you know "unattractive". She was damn fine in her invicta days. Joanna really went to work.

I don't think it had much to do with Joanna. Just got a minor nose job from that. It really looks like she had other stuff done like lip injections. Everything seems.... puffy. Maybe it's just the extra weight.

3 fight losing streak
18 month USADA suspension
Misses weight by 2lb (after calling for a 105lb division)
Injures herself on the morning of the fight

Im guessing we may have seen the last of Jessica Penne in the UFC

That's what I'm thinking. Those interviews made it seem like she had finally turned things around. Weird.

sprained her ankle warming up..

What the hell? Misses weight at 115 when she never missed at 105, now she's injuring herself when she doesn't have a history of that.... and it's not like this is a fighter that's practicing spinning shit or blast doubles the day of the fight.

I'd love to hear the behind the scenes on this.

giphy.gif

Intentionally rolled ankle so she doesn't lose 20% purse.
Tin Foil hats on boys.

Last edited:
Damn, I guess Velasquez vs. Ngannou is now the most interesting fight on the card

20% vs smaller insurance/no pay?
Ok - Im going down the rabbit hole here.....

What if - She has bought insurance for injuries pertaining to her ability to fight on a card.
She would be getting a payout equal to or greater than her potential pay. Especially considering she was going to lose 20%
Also - any injury she receives is covered by the UFC fighter insurance. So she doesn't have any medical costs.
Its akin to Kanye insuring his tour for $50mil(???) and then cancelling due to his mental illness and claiming on the insurance.
Genius!

Might as well cancel the card.Terrible news.

sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png
sabu.png

this is all true.

i understand why the rules are the way they are, but i feel like aggression should be weighted a bit more somehow.. and no, not the way sanchez beat someone like kampmann

aggression if something is done with it. He did literally NOTHING but push him against the cage. It was a really bad fight for both but way worse for Roy. He did nothing.

At the end of the day, I feel bad that two people's livelihoods are damaged by this and they will possibly be under emotional and financial stress. Never a good thing to see fight injuries occur, regardless of whether you hate wmma or not (i dislike all wmma, personally)

P.s I would put my tongue in and around that with gusto

Tai4Pn5.jpg

Sad times

Back