• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tom Aspinall says he will NOT give Ciryl Gane a shot at his interim heavyweight title next

Do you agree with Tom Aspinall?

• Total voters
Tom shouldn't fight anybody but a unification bout unless they strip Jones, and even if they did, who the eff wants to see Gane get 3 losing title shots in 5 fights?

hollllllllllllly fuck, I’m SO tired of these champs “I won’t fight this guy, this guy OR this guy BUT I’ll fight him”

Went from liking Tom to, starting to find him annoying as shit.
Lol, wtf? No two situations are the same. Aspinall is only speaking the truth. Gane has has had a crazy number of title shots. Give someone else a chance, fuck. Not only that, Gane didn't give Aspinall a shot when Aspinall was asking to fight him. Lol, your post is like so preposterous given Ganes circumstances.

If I were Aspinall, I wouldn’t take the game fight yet because it could jeopardize the Jones fight. Imagine Aspinall winning a decision or a 5th round KO. People would say “look, Jones beat Gane in the 1st and Aspinall couldn’t do that”.

It's not like he has a choice lol. Dana White wants the interim belt defended in the mean time

Meh tom vs Gane is better than Tom vs almeida

For someone who knew he was fighting for an interim belt for less than a month, and has had it for slightly over a week, Tom is very full of proclamations isn't he?

Ignore Stipe and let me fight Jones. Strip Jones and let me fight Stipe. But you can't make me fight Gane!

Much as I'm going HAH-hah! over Gane's attempts at gaming a contendership biting him in the ass, I really don't like it being done by a beltholder trying to game his opponents. Gane doesn't have any responsibility of position to uphold, he's free to fuck up his career however he chooses. But I'm old-fashioned enough to detest a champ trying to dictate his fights. (And yes, that means Jones too, even though I want to see Jones-Miocic and insist it's not the slam-dunk gimmee everybody else seems to think it is.)

I don't know if it's even more distasteful for an interim champ to do it....but it's certainly more ludicrous.

Stipe/Aspinall at 300. They can do Gane/Almeida on the card too in case Stipe doesn't show

Perfect time to give Blaydes his rematch. Prove that he would have beaten him and can handle a stout wrestler. Kinda joking, kind not.
Imo Blaydes should fight for the title at least once, Derrick Lewis got 2 shots ffs

If I was Tom gane would be the last fighter I wanted to fight I'm not picking Gane but Gane has skills that would be a hard night out for a guy like Tom..

I know Jones will probably vacate or be stripped, but i would feel weird seeing Gane being undisputed champ after what happened earlier this year
Kind of like seeing Jose Aldo as the undisputed FW champ shortly after being flatlined by Conor because Conor vacated/was stripped for inactivity (with all respect to the FW GOAT)

1700540857967.png

Imagine if Gane beats him, becomes interim champ and Jon fights him again to unify the belts and after choking him even faster this time, rides off into the sunset.

Back