• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Tom Aspinall says he will NOT give Ciryl Gane a shot at his interim heavyweight title next

Do you agree with Tom Aspinall?

• Total voters
Why not? not so confident he will win and the ducking begins? LOL, im not a Gane fan...but why wouldnt he fight him? He is getting championship pay along with that belt...thats why most fighter if not all, dont refuse interim title fights, its money for them, its not just being a glorified #1 contender, means money.
He's been perfectly clear why he won't fight him immediately, and it has fuck all to do with him being scared or ducking.

He already put in all the work to put that fight together. He announced he was going to go to Paris and call him out right after he had just beaten Tybura. Then that's exactly what he did. He flew to Paris, sat in the front row and made his intentions known.

Gane tried to big league him and say the fight didn't make sense to him. It was a risk to fight backwards against Tom when he wanted to just sit and wait on a title shot he for some reason only known to him he thought he'd earned by beating Spivak.

So now Tom has a belt and all of a sudden Gane is demanding that fight be put together after he has turned Aspinall down multiple times.

Tom didn't even say he won't fight him, he said he can go and get a win against somebody good and then he will fight him after that.

This is ok, but this was leave it to only one other man for the next #battle

paul-heyman-brock-lesnar.gif

brock-lesnar-paul-heyman.gif

Brock the type of guy to headline WrestleMania and UFC 300 in one weekend

#BrocktoberInApril #DoubleChamp #BigBrockCombatant

Tom didn't even say he won't fight him, he said he can go and get a win against somebody good and then he will fight him after that.

So why does he even ask for Jon Jones ? I mean, if he hadn't lost his fight against Curtis, he could have had his opportunity instead of Gane.

He simply missed it, just like Gane missed his opportunity against Aspinall.

It works both way.

So why does he even ask for Jon Jones ? I mean, if he hadn't lost his fight against Curtis, he could have had his opportunity instead of Gane.

He simply missed it, just like Gane missed his opportunity against Aspinall.

It works both way.
The fuck?

Aspinall calls out Jones because he's the interim champ and Jones is the undisputed champ. Unifying the belts is the fight the promotion is supposed to make 100% of the time in such a scenario.

Gane just straight up refused to fight Aspinall when he called him out.

There is absolutely no similarities in the two situations whatsoever.

I like Gane but he's had 3 title shots already.

Fighting for the interim title is also kind of meaningless. They should save Gane vs. Aspinall for down the road once both guys have been built up more and one of them has the real HW title.

Tommy is hoping for a crack at Bones or Stipe, but I don’t think either will fight him. Don’t disagree that Gane and Jailton should duke it out for the next TS. Tommy is in a good spot right now. Chill out and see which opportunity presents itself.

The fuck?

Aspinall calls out Jones because he's the interim champ and Jones is the undisputed champ. Unifying the belts is the fight the promotion is supposed to make 100% of the time in such a scenario.

Gane just straight up refused to fight Aspinall when he called him out.

There is absolutely no similarities in the two situations whatsoever.

It's similar. Nobody cares about his paper belt : he only got this title because Jon Jones was injured.

He's more legit than Miocic because he's more active than him, not because of his paper belt.

Many fighters were already far more relevant than Miocic, so a HW winning another fight doesn't change anything.

Sadly for Aspinall, Jon Jones already made his choice to fight Miocic.

Ngannou destroyed Miocic in his last fight, so he should never have a title shot in the first place, even before Aspinall won against Sergei. It's just a fight to appeal more audience.

Ngannou destroyed Miocic in his last fight, so he should never have a title shot in the first place, even before Aspinall won against Sergei. It's just a fight to appeal more audience.

But Ngannou was losing to Ciryl Gane, rather badly.

Gane was out-striking the ship out of Ngannou, forcing the latter to turn into a panic wrestler.

Don't forget, gone was ahead on the scorecards — until the last mistake cost him the fight.

Beating Ciryl Gane is therefore the next-best thing to beating Frances Ngannou.

Sergei Pavlovich is a loser, quitter in his first debut UFC fight.

Ciryl Gane was undefeated until Ngannou, who barely beat him.

The way Jones beat Gane was truly epic.

Please shut up and don't deny it.

But Ngannou was losing to Ciryl Gane, rather badly.

Gane was out-striking the ship out of Ngannou, forcing the latter to turn into a panic wrestler.

Don't forget, gone was ahead on the scorecards — until the last mistake cost him the fight.

Beating Ciryl Gane is therefore the next-best thing to beating Frances Ngannou.

Sergei Pavlovich is a loser, quitter in his first debut UFC fight.

Ciryl Gane was undefeated until Ngannou, who barely beat him.

The way Jones beat Gane was truly epic.

Please shut up and don't deny it.

WTF are you talking about ?

I said Miocic should never have a title shot, i didn't say anything about Ngannou.

As for Ngannou, he was injured. But in my opinion, having a close fight against an injured Ngannou is still a feat, hence why Gane is legit.

WTF are you talking about ?

I said Miocic should never have a title shot, i didn't say anything about Ngannou.

As for Ngannou, he was injured. But in my opinion, having a close fight against an injured Ngannou is still a feat, hence why Gane is legit.

Disagree with your first premise.

Miocic deserves a title shot more than anyone in the division, as he's beaten more titleholders than anyone in UFC history.

We agree on everything else.

Miocic deserves a title shot more than anyone in the division, as he's beaten more titleholders than anyone in UFC history.

He hasn't won a fight in 3 years. Will be 4 by the time Jones is fit.

Might as well give Mark Coleman a shot at Jones while we're at it.

No, you don't deserve a title shot when you lost your last fight and when you're completely inactive.

Far more fighters are more relevant than Miocic, not only Aspinall.

The problem with giving Gane a shot at the interim, is if he wins it sets up a unification bout down the line vs offical champ Jones, and we've already seen that fight and it will make no sense to make it again. Gane will have no credibility as interim champ given how he lost to Jones, whereas at least Aspinall or another contender can claim they can beat Jones if they fought.

hollllllllllllly fuck, I’m SO tired of these champs “I won’t fight this guy, this guy OR this guy BUT I’ll fight him”

Went from liking Tom to, starting to find him annoying as shit.

No, you don't deserve a title shot when you lost your last fight and when you're completely inactive.

Far more fighters are more relevant than Miocic, not only Aspinall.

Disagree.

When you've been a warrior like Stipe, you deserve carte blanche, over some young up-and-comer.

Big Gane fight but he should fight Blaydes.

Almeida vs Aspinall for the true belt.

Stipe and Jon can fight for the fake belt.

Back