Todays photo of 185lbs Nick Diaz

Conor hasn't won a fight at lightweight since 2016 and he's somehow ranked in the division. He got knocked out by Poirer in the second round with zero controversy and they immediately ran a rematch.

Nick fought GSP coming off a LOSS to Condit.

The UFC runs this thing like the circus coming to town, not a sport. If it were up to me I'd make rankings based on a formula and matches based on brackets, but I didn't have a few billion to buy it so they do as they please.

Be ZERO surprised if they put together Nick vs Usman if he pulls out a big win. Of course it wouldn't be fair or make sense, but that is irrelevant under the current management.

Look man I agree with what you've said generally, big fights aren't granted on merit, it's mainly on who is a draw or not. Not always true, Usman doesn't seem to draw but he has the belt so he has to headline I guess.

Nick v Usman would be odd, you'd think at least Nick v Masvidal would make a little bit of sense but yeah, stranger things have happened.

You're correct, but I suggest you go watch some old fights of Nick, then there would be no way for you to not be pumped unless you're void of all emotion.

Yeah look I missed Diaz's peak, I did see his SF fight against Daley which was great, I've seen his Gomi fight and a few others plus his last few UFC fights, but how long ago was all of that? I don't get that interested in watching Fedor fight these days either, his heyday was a long time ago as well

Full Beard Diaz is born.

LMAO

All joking aside, it made me nervous Nick was out doing seminars with Cesar just a few weeks ago. He would never stop training to travel and meet with fans just before a big fight in years past. I have no idea if he had a legit, structured fight camp.
I was surprised he hooked up with Cesar again to begin with. Didn't they have a falling out?

Just because of all the shanenigans the Diaz are always pulling out - this time being the weight... - , I wouldn't mind seeing him getting KO'd.

He doesn't seem very motivated either, or it's just his normal self, being socially awkward:

photo-2021-09-22-15-51-54.jpg

Make your own assumptions, but he's looked big all month. I don't think there was ever a real chance of making 170lbs, if you are familiar with what Nick looks like on the scale at welterweight.

*edit*
War Diaz

looks better than I expected. Especially considering how much hes been partying

Conor hasn't won a fight at lightweight since 2016 and he's somehow ranked in the division. He got knocked out by Poirer in the second round with zero controversy and they immediately ran a rematch.

Nick fought GSP coming off a LOSS to Condit.

The UFC runs this thing like the circus coming to town, not a sport. If it were up to me I'd make rankings based on a formula and matches based on brackets, but I didn't have a few billion to buy it so they do as they please.

Be ZERO surprised if they put together Nick vs Usman if he pulls out a big win. Of course it wouldn't be fair or make sense, but that is irrelevant under the current management.

Unfortunately it's all about $$$, views, and subscriptions. Can't blame them, really, but I fuckin blame them. Structure this shit and the stars will still be stars. You can still hype certain dudes without giving them favorable rankings or title shots. Fuck!

Lol mods... let the forum rules go for this fight. I don't care if people fighter bash

all you have to do is make fun of them

I was surprised he hooked up with Cesar again to begin with. Didn't they have a falling out?

They did but you know how quiet Nick is about stuff.

Suffice to say both Nick and Nate worked out of Nick's academy after it opened and we have not seen Cesar in Nick's corner for his previous two fights. For GSP he was still in the back but wasn't in his camp. For the fight with Silva he wasn't involved at all.

People made a lot of jokes about Nick famously saying he didn't pay taxes, but it was true - he started cage fighting as a teenager and nobody (read: Cesar was his manager not just coach) helped get him organized in business and adulthood in general. Cesar was taking a manager's cut of the money but not actually providing management.

Nate moved on to industry managers after Cesar as well. Anyhow they love and respect the guy so it doesn't surprise me to see him around, but Nick holds on to it more than Nate does so far as publicity.

Can't wait for him to pull the crap of laying down in the cage and stuff, then his fans saying how great he is before losing

I got shouted down in a thread earlier in the week for suggesting this fight was irrelevant. I still don't really care about it but hope it's fun and they get paid, as for title ramifications there are none

Why do people keep saying this? Nick would definitely get offered a title shot at WW or MW if he wins…

They did but you know how quiet Nick is about stuff.

Suffice to say both Nick and Nate worked out of Nick's academy after it opened and we have not seen Cesar in Nick's corner for his previous two fights. For GSP he was still in the back but wasn't in his camp. For the fight with Silva he wasn't involved at all.

People made a lot of jokes about Nick famously saying he didn't pay taxes, but it was true - he started cage fighting as a teenager and nobody (read: Cesar was his manager not just coach) helped get him organized in business and adulthood in general. Cesar was taking a manager's cut of the money but not actually providing management.

Nate moved on to industry managers after Cesar as well. Anyhow they love and respect the guy so it doesn't surprise me to see him around, but Nick holds on to it more than Nate does so far as publicity.
Thanks. I know Nate was with Ballengee Group but he fired them in between McGregor fights. They sued and that's why he sat out for three years.

photo-2021-09-22-15-51-54.jpg

Make your own assumptions, but he's looked big all month. I don't think there was ever a real chance of making 170lbs, if you are familiar with what Nick looks like on the scale at welterweight.

*edit*
War Diaz
You can tell a lot from someone’s eyes. Nick has those sad eyes. You can tell the man has experienced a lot of pain. Not a fan of his but I’m rooting for him to get a win here. Especially since over the last few years there’s been countless videos of the dude hammered off his ass acting delirious. Hopefully a loss doesn’t send him off the rails again.

He looks good, better than expected. We have to remember that Lawler is old himself and very inactive and hasn't been able to finish anyone in God knows how long and has become very flat footed. Very winnable fight for Diaz I feel

Back