Todays photo of 185lbs Nick Diaz

April 2021:

images

Now:
E__PQa1VIAM0Nn4.jpg

I don’t feel like I can explain this.
I can explain this.

Dude clearly cut to 185lbs......He is still shredded.....He never planned on cutting to 170lbs....It's unfair to robbie lawler

he doesnt look bad at all and most guys fighting 170 nowadays are walking at 190-slightly over 200lbs

I'm ok with whoever wins this one, hope its a good payday for both

No WW is 200lbs on fight night....

You overestinate man

190lbs though is common

Lawler is gonna cave the entire side of his skull in and I can't wait.

Maybe he just didn't want to cut weight, after not having done it for so long.

He didn't look dehydrated at all when weighing in, and he didn't immediately grab a bottle of water after like all heavy cutters do.

For all we know Robbie will be heavier than Nick come fight night.

Conor hasn't won a fight at lightweight since 2016 and he's somehow ranked in the division. He got knocked out by Poirer in the second round with zero controversy and they immediately ran a rematch.

Nick fought GSP coming off a LOSS to Condit.

The UFC runs this thing like the circus coming to town, not a sport. If it were up to me I'd make rankings based on a formula and matches based on brackets, but I didn't have a few billion to buy it so they do as they please.

Be ZERO surprised if they put together Nick vs Usman if he pulls out a big win. Of course it wouldn't be fair or make sense, but that is irrelevant under the current management.

Youd also make half the money the Ufc does and the fighters would make even less money.

If this were a real sport Diaz wouldnt even be competing. No one takes 6 years off from the Nba and comes back to a big check. Shit they never even come back.

For the uninitiated, Nick Diaz never wins a triathalon. He never had anywhere near pro level finishes. His best ranking over a decade ago was something like #850.

Dentists who do this stuff for fun would routinely beat him.

In any event, now that we've seen the weigh-in, I would guess Nick was around 200lbs before fight week. He made 185.5 and clearly did a water cut from the pictures first posted in this thread a few days ago.

It would never have been possible for him to make 171lbs and he has known for weeks. Make of that what you will.
850 is still pretty good vs the avg athlete. Kelvin gastelum couldn't even run 800m.

That said im very intrigued wtf nicks team is doing here.

850 is still pretty good vs the avg athlete. Kelvin gastelum couldn't even run 800m.

That said im very intrigued wtf nicks team is doing here.

Kelvin has shown outstanding MMA cardio in fights.

Either way, at his absolute peak of training and participating in triathalons, Nick was well behind packs of hobbyists. Its a great way to stay in shape (and not be bored since training involves 3 different types of intense cardio) but he was never notably good at it.

Kelvin has shown outstanding MMA cardio in fights.

Either way, at his absolute peak of training and participating in triathalons, Nick was well behind packs of hobbyists. Its a great way to stay in shape (and not be bored since training involves 3 different types of intense cardio) but he was never notably good at it.
Well he actually placed high in his age category... Routinely

Nick made it pretty clear today he really doesn't want to fight again and has resentment for MMA in general.

"All the people around me and all the money and the sponsors, they won't let me get away from fighting," Diaz said. "There's things I could do, but that's not gonna work out. I might as well just go and take my punches. ... I don't want to look back and say, 'Why did I not just do it?' I don't feel great. I feel great to fight. I don't feel great about everything [else]. If I don't do this, I don't know how I'm going to feel about myself."

Diaz, 38, said during his time off he had plans to open a gym and teach students, and maybe even travel around some and do seminars. But he said things didn't work out with the business partners he was dealing with and that the plans were "fake." That is what led him back to fighting.

"It's just what I do," Diaz said. "I tried to get away from it, but really it's just kind of inevitable."

"I'm going in there to win," Diaz said of Saturday's bout against Lawler. "Do I feel confident? I never do. I never have. I always feel like I'm going to get trashed out there. Every fight I've ever done. 'How do you feel against Robbie Lawler?' I feel like I'm going to get the s--- beat out of me. And even when I win, I get beat up worse"

https://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/32260376/nick-diaz-says-want-robbie-lawler-fight-resentment-mma

This is short but worth reading / watching.

Ah Nick Diaz.

Some things in the world actually do stay the same forever. Surprised he didn't also add "afterwards i'm gonna go home and eat".

For the uninitiated, Nick Diaz never wins a triathalon. He never had anywhere near pro level finishes. His best ranking over a decade ago was something like #850.

Dentists who do this stuff for fun would routinely beat him.

In any event, now that we've seen the weigh-in, I would guess Nick was around 200lbs before fight week. He made 185.5 and clearly did a water cut from the pictures first posted in this thread a few days ago.

It would never have been possible for him to make 171lbs and he has known for weeks. Make of that what you will.
Random Joe pubic can't do triathlons.
You have to be in good shape.
Plus it's supplementary training, hes not trying to be the best.
MMA endurance is different and so is keeping cardio while taking damage, executing, controlling emotion and adrenaline.
Nicks fight cardio was always among the best in MMA.

This is the very last time i'll see 2 of my favorite legends fighting.

It's seriously one hell of a fucking finale. most you people would not fuckin understand.

it's the love of the fuckin game. The style. I'm 36 years old I been watchin since I was 12. They are 3 years older than me. Watched their whole careers. This shit is for ME. Sure as shit ain't perfect but we'll see.

"to the death georges!"

I want one of them to win by clean knock out. In the second round.

As if this means anything ... it's Nick Diaz.

He would still win a triathlon, while smoking a joint,
and taking 100 punches from Roy Nelson for stealing his fries.

These pics threads are idiotic.

The pics were not idiotic.

Nick showed up to the Octagon with a flabby belly hanging over his shorts. Now we know he did a serious water cut to make 185.5lbs. He as visibly much bigger than Robbie.

He was huffing \mouth wide open two minutes into the first round. The only reason he survived so long is he can take a lot of punches and Robbie is nearing retirement himself.

Nick didn't belong in the cage, knew there was no way in the world he could make 170lbs for the past month, and I flat out don't believe he had a fight camp. He just showed up and hoped it would work out.

If he was injured or had covid leading up to this, he should have called it off. Only he knows.

Back