Todays photo of 185lbs Nick Diaz

The stuff about him getting lied to about traveling and his plans being fraudulent. Probably lost a lot of money because of moochers and assholes. And I bet his drug addiction did a really good job warping his mind into thinking those people were friends. Getting screwed over like that early in life is easier to bounce back from than later in life, and it seems like he realized that and now has to fight for money. He probably has a ridiculous mortgage and bills that a normal burger flipping job couldn't pay for.
Yeah I don't know what happened, but knowing Nick there's a good chance he didn't get totally screwed over and he's just being a victim, but who knows... I could see starting a gym, but why do you even need "business partners" for setting up some seminars? It wouldn't be that hard to do yourself the same way everyone in BJJ sets them up

I think the main reason he is in a bad position is he decided to take almost 10 years off of making money, and now he is probably really behind... I don't know, I feel bad for him because he definitely has some demons, but he is still in a great position in life

Also in that video from the article, you posted he basically blamed his position in life on trying to set Nate up lol, I always thought it was really cool he helped Nate out early on and got him off the streets into the gym, but cmon bro, Nate isn't the reason you haven't made money for almost 10 years. The dude is just a perpetual victim

why the long face?

srsly...one of my favorite fighters of all time behind Anderson

I think you make a fair point, but I'd like to add, getting brain damage from Robbie Lawler is how we're describing 'quick money' here.

Nick has a mutilated face if you didn't notice, this is the hurt business. Its taking quality and years off their lives, so it comes with a lot of baggage, even if we as fans don't see it every day.
Yeah for sure, I know he said he got lied to or whatever, but he could set up and gym and do seminars and make a good living... the only reason he HAS to fight now is he took almost 10 years off from making any money

He could easily be in a great financial position right now, he partied for 10 years and didn't make any money... I hope the best for him, but I can't feel that sorry for him when there are people on the streets that nobody gives a fuck about that have less excuses than him

most insightful Nick Diaz post I’ve seen all week. Thank you for your contribution and may God have mercy on your soul haha.
It's the most important thing in this forum. He has this Harry Potter mark right after his hairline and nobody notices

I using 'robbed' loosely to encompass being cheated by business partners.
I'm sure he was cheated by business partners, and he wasn't just spinning something into being a victim

The man took 10 years off to party, that's why he needs money and has to fight, not his BS excuses

I don't like the full beard Diaz. Bad vibes.

It seems whenever a famous, legit fighter, makes a drastic change in appearance before a fight, they lose. The exception is Ortega when he shaved his head. He won that fight.

But I remember Frankie Edgar sporting a fro, and losing.
I know there are others, I just can't think of them...

It seems whenever a famous, legit fighter, makes a drastic change in appearance before a fight, they lose. The exception is Ortega when he shaved his head. He won that fight.

But I remember Frankie Edgar sporting a fro, and losing.
I know there are others, I just can't think of them...

I don't like it.

it sounds to me like this is simply his UFC swansong, I think he's just doing it for the $$$ and I think it's gonna be an ugly loss to Lawler. Heck I could be completely wrong but I just don't get the vibe that Nick is taking this fight all that seriously.

Nah brah, no way Nick accepts Lawler as his swan song. The guy needs money, no way fighting Lawler is enough, he's hoping to nab a bigger fight, should he beat Robbie, IMHO.

Nick looks huge next to Robbie. It’s really lame that they didn’t just make it 185 if Diaz wasn’t even going to try and make weight. Even if it was not intentional it’s very unprofessional for a guy who’s been in the business as long as him.
The reporter at the press conference asks Nick if he is going to call out Usman if he wins. Derp. As if the UFC would risk their champ losing to a guy who can’t even make the weight. Anyways I hope Robbie knocks him out cold.

Bro what was the point of the test weight cut he did that video on if he can’t even make it for the actual fight smh

Chance injuries prevented him from
Even attempting it . I’m not sure there was much for him to gain doing this but maybe he feels everyone is cheating and this was a way to trick Robbie into coming in light

I mean, I like the dude so I don't wanna be negative, but I hope he's back just cause he wants to not cause he has to.
Basically said he’s here because it’s all he knows. The guy is traumatized from the fight game and wants something else but he can’t find it because he committed so much of his health and mind to the fight game . He’s saying some days he just not all there. Like people already noticed that yet the fight got signed and licensed. My hope is that Nick comes in shape and at least doesn’t get him self seriously fucked

So, the pot business went bust?
Or am I confusing him with someone else?

242721975-579569406814316-1611310133263837558-n.jpg

Crom laughs at your expectations. You catfished yourself.

Back