Todays photo of 185lbs Nick Diaz

Nick went to the Apex but then decided to skip media day today. He's still scheduled to take part in the press conference tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if he shows up.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/9/...rst-fight-week-appearance-at-press-conference

I'm just guessing but its pretty likely he didn't want to sit down with a room full of media today who were all going to ask him about not making weight this week.

He looks good, better than expected. We have to remember that Lawler is old himself and very inactive and hasn't been able to finish anyone in God knows how long and has become very flat footed. Very winnable fight for Diaz I feel

Robbie has been dropping decision to legit world class ranked fighters. He hasn't been getting beat up either, just out worked and out wrestled.

No doubt he's lost a step, but we have no idea what Nick looks like at 38 with more then a half decade off.

Robbie will lose decisions to top 10 ranked fighters and beat most 11-50 without too much fuss. The question is if you think Nick is that caliber still.

Nick went to the Apex but then decided to skip media day today. He's still scheduled to take part in the press conference tomorrow, it'll be interesting to see if he shows up.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/9/...rst-fight-week-appearance-at-press-conference

I'm just guessing but its pretty likely he didn't want to sit down with a room full of media today who were all going to ask him about not making weight this week.

lol nah dude.

he skipped media day because he skips media day every fucking time. his whole career. Except that one time they paid him a shitload to show up to media day.

when you're born in stockton the first thing you are taught is that you never go to media days.

Honestly lost a bit of respect for Diaz, looks like he had no intention of making weight… let Robbie think it was a 170 fight until last minute

And it’s actually worse he did that test cut a few months ago, so it’s not like he was surprised at his body responding poorly to the weight cut

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960222

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960216

nick-diaz-poses-for-a-portrait-during-a-ufc-photo-session-on-22-2021-picture-id1341960209

https://www.gettyimages.com/photos/ufc?family=editorial&phrase=ufc&sort=newest

Robbie has been dropping decision to legit world class ranked fighters. He hasn't been getting beat up either, just out worked and out wrestled.

No doubt he's lost a step, but we have no idea what Nick looks like at 38 with more then a half decade off.

Robbie will lose decisions to top 10 ranked fighters and beat most 11-50 without too much fuss. The question is if you think Nick is that caliber still.
And it’s over half a decade of partying, everyone’s unique obviously, but I think of guys like Chuck Liddell who were known for partying and he fell off hard

Hopefully all that clean living before he met Ronda is still paying off lol

Honestly lost a bit of respect for Diaz, looks like he had no intention of making weight… let Robbie think it was a 170 fight until last minute

And it’s actually worse he did that test cut a few months ago, so it’s not like he was surprised at his body responding poorly to the weight cut

This fight WAS announced like 3-4 months beforehand on a completely inactive fighter. That is a good point thank you.

Robbie is more active than Nick. He knew he'd fight again. You have no idea who is in better shape just like me.

This fight WAS announced like 3-4 months beforehand on a completely inactive fighter. That is a good point thank you.

Robbie is more active than Nick. He knew he'd fight again. You have no idea who is in better shape just like me.
What is your point?

Full Beard Diaz is born.

LMAO

All joking aside, it made me nervous Nick was out doing seminars with Cesar just a few weeks ago. He would never stop training to travel and meet with fans just before a big fight in years past. I have no idea if he had a legit, structured fight camp.
it sounds to me like this is simply his UFC swansong, I think he's just doing it for the $$$ and I think it's gonna be an ugly loss to Lawler. Heck I could be completely wrong but I just don't get the vibe that Nick is taking this fight all that seriously.

lol nah dude.

he skipped media day because he skips media day every fucking time. his whole career. Except that one time they paid him a shitload to show up to media day.

when you're born in stockton the first thing you are taught is that you never go to media days.

Haha of course he's made and missed multiple.

The actual story here is that he got in his assigned transport and went to the Apex, then changed his mind. This isn't Nick not answering the phone or going off the radar, he literally went to the media day facility then decided not to come out and face them. Who knows why.

You assume Nick has a big advantage but he wasn't in fighting shape for 6 years until he started camp again 4 months ago and he is what 39?
I didn’t say he had a big advantage, I said I lost respect for him after saying he couldn’t make weight the week of the fight when it’s pretty obvious looking at him he knew he wasn’t gonna make weight weeks ago

Do you think it’s fair for Robbie to diet and plan on making 170, and then get a call it’s actually at 185 a few days before weigh ins? Maybe overall Nick is at a disadvantage because of the age and lack of activity, but that has nothing to do with Robbie… that’s kind of a ridiculous excuse you’re making for him

I didn’t say he had a big advantage, I said I lost respect for him after saying he couldn’t make weight the week of the fight when it’s pretty obvious looking at him he knew he wasn’t gonna make weight weeks ago

Do you think it’s fair for Robbie to diet and plan on making 170, and then get a call it’s actually at 185 a few days before weigh ins? Maybe overall Nick is at a disadvantage because of the age and lack of activity, but that has nothing to do with Robbie… that’s kind of a ridiculous excuse you’re making for him

no it's not fair to Robbie that's true.

At the same time Nick is not a real 185 pounder nor did he train for 185.

Back