To all the casuals who think GSP could ever beat GOAT Anderson

If GSP believed he could beat Anderson Silva, then he would have taken the fight. GSP had no problems taking the fight against Michael Bisping to get a cheap double-belt.
Cold hard facts, well said and anybody denying it is a fucking moron

I love gsp one of his old fans but this reasoning alone is precisely the reason why I cant consider “THE GOAT” because he always gamed the system and looked for an edge; he never went into a fight knowing he was the UD

He was the underdog in his first fight against Penn and Hughes, and if I remember correctly, the odds were more or less even in his fight with Karo. Beyond that, in his first few fights he would have had no idea if he would win or not -- no one does when they're first starting out.

Gaming the system is actually good, it shows a fighter is thinking. Its what real world warriors (ie soldiers) are taught to do -- you want everything possible in a battle (and in a war) to be to your advantage. Your opponent is also going to game the system to the best of their ability. The problem comes in when you start breaking the rules -- greasing (like he and Anderson did) for instance, eye-poking like BJ and Jones have done and so on. Though in actual battle you're taught to break rules too when you can get away with it.

Humans primarily fight with our brains. That's what weapons and tactics are all about. If we didn't we'd still be food for bears and tigers, because compared to other animals our size we're weak, slow, lack big teeth, claws, and protective fur. The best MMA fighters are creative -- Jones in particular, but GSP, Anderson and Fedor also adapted to win.

You should ask for a GSP vs Izzy fight. Now Izzy is Anderson Silva Lite, a water downed version of the GOAT, but even that version of Anderson will destroy GSP.
GO ahead GSP fanboys, beg GSP to ask for that fight. If GSP asks for Izzy, dana will grant him, cause ufc is dying and desperate for big fights.
Lets see GSP get obliterated by an Anderson copy.

GSP is way past his prime at the moment. I still think him against Israel would be a good fight. Make that fight at 170 and GSP destroys him.

Likewise, Prime GSP v Prime Anderson at 185 is a great match-up. At 170 GSP has little trouble.

Cold hard facts, well said and anybody denying it is a fucking moron

Naw. The cold hard facts are that these guys are fighters. They fight for a living. They know what might happen on any given night. They aren't "scared" to fight other fighters. When a fight falls through it's generally because one or both fighters refused to make the fight for the pay offered. Increase the payday enough, and you can make pretty much any fight happen. Decrease the payday enough and you can make pretty much any fight fall through.

They didn't offer GSP what he thought was a fair wage to fight Anderson. That's all we know.

gsp_silva-side-by-side.jpg

GSP couldn't finish a cardboard box and people think he'd survive 25 minutes against the most dangerous fighter of all time

Yeah he also lost 2 fights in a decade. But Shit that is easy..

If GSP believed he could beat Anderson Silva, then he would have taken the fight. GSP had no problems taking the fight against Michael Bisping to get a cheap double-belt.

If GSP beat Anderson does he get any credit for it? Or does it go like this?

Anderson was overrated as shit. This proves it..
Bad TDD
MW sucks
Anderson just had good style matchups..

Honestly Sonnen mauled him. That was a hail fucking Mary miracle the 1st time.. He had lost multiple 10-8 rounds I thought.

If GSP beat Anderson does he get any credit for it? Or does it go like this?

Anderson was overrated as shit. This proves it..
Bad TDD
MW sucks
Anderson just had good style matchups..

Honestly Sonnen mauled him. That was a hail fucking Mary miracle the 1st time.. He had lost multiple 10-8 rounds I thought.
Dude, GSP and Anderson Silva were buzzing. So much so that the UFC believed a fight between the 2 could sell out Dallas Cowboys stadium. GSP turned it down. If he thought he could win, then he would have taken the fight. That was a multi-million dollar business opportunity that he left on the table.

The "stock market" for that fight was high, and the only reason the fight didn't happen was because GSP had the power to turn it down. I don't think I am reaching.

Dude, GSP and Anderson Silva were buzzing. So much so that the UFC believed a fight between the 2 could sell out Dallas Cowboys stadium. GSP turned it down. If he thought he could win, then he would have taken the fight. That was a multi-million dollar business opportunity that he left on the table.

The "stock market" for that fight was high, and the only reason the fight didn't happen was because GSP had the power to turn it down. I don't think I am reaching.

I am not arguing about that. The fight does huge business. I did not say otherwise.. But does GSP get credit if he finished the job Sonnen should have in fight 1? I doubt it. And where was the outrage over Silva not fighting Jones? GSP is not even a large WW..

I agree with the 1st sentence. But there was nothing cheap about that belt. GSP finished a bigger man (and champion) in a weight class he'd never fought in before after being out of the sport for years.

Give credit where it's due, man.

But also yeah, GSP is a smart fighter that calculates well and I don't think he ever liked how his style matched up against prime Anderson's. But ffs man who can blame him for that?! I mean, GSP never avoided a fight in his own weight class that I can think of. Not a single one. And he beat 'em all.

Last edited:
I love gsp one of his old fans but this reasoning alone is precisely the reason why I cant consider “THE GOAT” because he always gamed the system and looked for an edge; he never went into a fight knowing he was the UD

Looking for an edge? How about Silva using steroids? That is what looking for an edge looks like, idiot.

I am not arguing about that. The fight does huge business. I did not say otherwise.. But does GSP get credit if he finished the job Sonnen should have in fight 1? I doubt it. And where was the outrage over Silva not fighting Jones? GSP is not even a large WW..
GSP would have gotten credit. Anderson Silva was a mythical beast during that time. If GSP had taken the challenge and slayed Anderson Silva, then GSP would have engraved his legacy on diamond. LOL

He was only formally offered the fight once. And it was after Andy had already gotten his ass kicked by Weidman and his value was downtrending. No fight was refused when it meant something.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...s-anderson-silva-gsp-offered-bisping-mma-news

He was only formally offered the fight once. And it was after Andy had already gotten his ass kicked by Weidman and his value was downtrending. No fight was refused when it meant something.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...s-anderson-silva-gsp-offered-bisping-mma-news
As soon as the media asked the question and the UFC formally stated that they were interested in making the fight, even saying that it could be held in Dallas Cowboys Stadium, an offer was made.

How did Mayweather vs McGregor happen? It didn't start through a "formal offer." The fight happened because everybody wanted to make it happen, and it was all based on a rumor and a photoshop of McGregor facing-off with Mayweather.

Again, Anderson Silva wanted the fight. The UFC wanted the fight. GSP is the only party who didn't push for the fight. So, the fight wasn't made, and now we are stuck with pointless hypothetical debates involving MMAth. LOL

This is why I fully supported Mayweather vs McGregor, and I continue to support fighters who make reasonable call outs. The truth can only be known after it happens.

As soon as the media asked the question and the UFC formally stated that they were interested in making the fight, even saying that it could be held in Dallas Cowboys Stadium, an offer was made.

How did Mayweather vs McGregor happen? It didn't start through a "formal offer." The fight happened because everybody wanted to make it happen, and it was all based on a rumor and a photoshop of McGregor facing-off with Mayweather.

Again, Anderson Silva wanted the fight. The UFC wanted the fight. GSP is the only party who didn't push for the fight. So, the fight wasn't made, and now we are stuck with pointless hypothetical debates involving MMAth. LOL

This is why I fully supported Mayweather vs McGregor, and I continue to support fighters who make reasonable call outs. The truth can only be known after it happens.
Andy wanted it at 185 or catch weight. GSP wanted it at 170. No one was willing to budge. I don’t blame the smaller fighter for not wanting to give up the size advantage. Besides bigger fighter calls out smaller fighter, bigger fighter’s responsibility to go down. Just like Tj did.

Chael was geared up to the max during that fight lmao. And he still got finished. So all the people accusing Anderson of using gear are mainly hypocrites.
We are not accusing anderson for using gear, this is an undeniable fact.

Chael ate shots and stalked Anderson like a bully. GSP has never done that in his life. Styles make fights, but I don’t think there was much thought put into your statement.

Also Chael used every type of steroid out there, and GSP never did in his life ;)
Chael beat the supreme piss out of him. Anderson barely landed a thing. Not sure which fight you watched, but it wasn't the same one as me. Also, Anderson has never tested positive, has he? Haha

Last edited:
You should ask for a GSP vs Izzy fight. Now Izzy is Anderson Silva Lite, a water downed version of the GOAT, but even that version of Anderson will destroy GSP.
GO ahead GSP fanboys, beg GSP to ask for that fight. If GSP asks for Izzy, dana will grant him, cause ufc is dying and desperate for big fights.
Lets see GSP get obliterated by an Anderson copy.

Who the fuck am I going to ask?

Im a biog fan of Izzy and love Silva. But to say GSP would stand a chance is wrong. Love how people have to try and make other believe they are more knowledgeable, having to call anyone who disagrees with him a casual.. TS is worse then a casual. Even Silva mentioned many time GSP could beat him. Guess Silva most also be a casual.

Both Izzy and Anderson would put GSP over their lap and spank him.

Back