To all the casuals who think GSP could ever beat GOAT Anderson

If Chael Sonnen can beat the shit out of him for 24.5 mins, no reason to think GSP wouldn't be competitive.
Chael ate shots and stalked Anderson like a bully. GSP has never done that in his life. Styles make fights, but I don’t think there was much thought put into your statement.

Also Chael used every type of steroid out there, and GSP never did in his life ;)

Chael ate shots and stalked Anderson like a bully. GSP has never done that in his life. Styles make fights, but I don’t think there was much thought put into your statement.

Also Chael used every type of steroid out there, and GSP never did in his life ;)

Chael was just leveling the playing field against another roider.

If GSP believed he could beat Anderson Silva, then he would have taken the fight. GSP had no problems taking the fight against Michael Bisping to get a cheap double-belt.

You mean the same Bisping that just beat Anderson??

Funny thing is, if AS was good post USADA as you clowns like to pretend he is, he wouldve beat Bisping and would've been the one to get the call to face Luke.

Not GSP's fault that by the time he returned, Anderson was an exposed drug cheat who sucked, and offered nothing in value as an opponent.

While Bisping offered a 2nd belt, and more $$$.

WHen Anderson Ruled the MW and the LHW division, Jones was not around. Its only on the twilight of his career when Jones became a champ. And Anderson discreetly said he would probably lose to Jones. ANderson never called for the small guys in WW, only GSP who was considered successful. GSP never obliged, so Anderson just destroyed the LHWs.

Anderson had the option of going to 170, where GSP would have fought him. I think GSP and Anderson (and Jones) were great fighters, but none of them were willing to change weight to fight a dominant champ. To a certain extent I think Anderson was trolling people when he asked GSP to fight him at 185 -- calling out someone and telling him to fight at your weight is pretty silly. GSP could similarly have called out Anderson to fight at 170, but wasn't into trolling the public the way Anderson was.

Basically both knew that if they fought at 170 then GSP would have won, if they fought at 185 Anderson would have won, and catchweight was only mentioned once, because making it a non-title fight would have meant huge loss of sales to casuals (and both GSP and Anderson got excellent PPV shares).

If you can duck someone not in your weight division, then GSP ducked Anderson at 185, Anderson ducked GSP at 170. But that's a pretty silly definition of duck unless you're advocating getting rid of weight divisions. Which actually I'd like -- none of the combat sports initially had weight divisions, they were only added for marketing reasons. If contact sports like football and hockey, and size related sports like basketball can exist without size divisions then there's no reason combat sports can't either.

GSP wins an easy 50-45 against prime Anderson.

You mean the same Bisping that just beat Anderson??

Funny thing is, if AS was good post USADA as you clowns like to pretend he is, he wouldve beat Bisping and would've been the one to get the call to face Luke.

Not GSP's fault that by the time he returned, Anderson was an exposed drug cheat who sucked, and offered nothing in value as an opponent.

While Bisping offered a 2nd belt, and more $$$.
I read all that you stated, and it didn't answer the question; why did GSP refuse to take the fight when him and Anderson Silva were considered to be the best fighters in their respective divisions?

The UFC was willing. Anderson Silva was willing. A catch-weight was proposed. GSP didn't want the fight. Your statement is not relevant to answering this question. LOL

I read all that you stated, and it didn't answer the question; why did GSP refuse to take the fight when him and Anderson Silva were considered to be the best fighters in their respective divisions?

The UFC was willing. Anderson Silva was willing. A catch-weight was proposed. GSP didn't want the fight. Your statement is not relevant to answering this question. LOL

Nothing you said was fsctually correct.

Show me where the fight was ever offered and declined?? What was the catch weight that they wanted to make it at?? Show me one piece of evidence that supports this.

The only time they ever offered GSP the Anderson Silva fight was after he walked away.

At no point durinf GSP's time as WW champion was the Anderson Silva fight ever brought up to him by the UFC brass.

All you losers are going off of Anderson Silva doing interviews.

Nothing you said was fsctually correct.
Show me where the fight was ever offered and declined?? What was the catch weight that they wanted to make it at?? Show me one piece of evidence that supports this.
The only time they ever offered GSP the Anderson Silva fight was after he walked away.
At no point durinf GSP's time as WW champion was the Anderson Silva fight ever brought up to him by the UFC brass.
All you losers are going off of Anderson Silva doing interviews.
Dude, it is on the record that the UFC seriously entertained the possibility of Silva vs GSP at Dallas Cowboys stadium. Like I previously stated, Silva wanted it. The UFC wanted it. GSP didn't want it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lva-georges-st-pierre-ufc-superfight/1653497/

Silva is a cheater, hypocrite, and has thoroughly embarrassed himself over the majority of the past decade.

GSP is the goat. Eat it, digest it, get over it.

Nobody ever thought gsp would beat anderson.

And are you criticizing the guy for accepting a title shot?

Plenty are saying that now.

Yes, accepting a title shot vs. one of the weakest MW champions ever.

Lol I'm not a grease gate denier, but that first video is trash. Gomi and Pulver are the examples? GSP is so much broader and stronger than those two that the comparison is laughable. At least use Matt Hughes clips, although I'm sure those wouldn't be as favorable for the point of the video.

I didn't make the videos. I posted them to prove vaseline cannot be wiped that easy.

Dude, it is on the record that the UFC seriously entertained the possibility of Silva vs GSP at Dallas Cowboys stadium. Like I previously stated, Silva wanted it. The UFC wanted it. GSP didn't want it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...lva-georges-st-pierre-ufc-superfight/1653497/

Sigh, that isnt proof they tried to put the fight on in Dallas and GSP refused.

Following GSP's fight with Condit, they did GSP vs Nick Diaz soon after in Canada where they sold a million PPV's.

Ita obvious they went in another direction you goof

If GSP believed he could beat Anderson Silva, then he would have taken the fight. GSP had no problems taking the fight against Michael Bisping to get a cheap double-belt.

And prime Anderson had no problem beating Forest Griffin at light-heavy and then fled back to MW like a coward, so what's your point?

Sigh, that isnt proof they tried to put the fight on in Dallas and GSP refused.
Following GSP's fight with Condit, they did GSP vs Nick Diaz soon after in Canada where they sold a million PPV's.
Ita obvious they went in another direction you goof
I shouldn't even reply, because you are emotional and resort to personal attacks, but let me test your general cognitive abilities. How did Mayweather versus McGregor start?

yeah, i don't think there's any shame in GSP's choices. you're right that he knew he couldn't beat silva.

I love gsp one of his old fans but this reasoning alone is precisely the reason why I cant consider “THE GOAT” because he always gamed the system and looked for an edge; he never went into a fight knowing he was the UD

Back