To all the casuals who think GSP could ever beat GOAT Anderson

Again, watch the video I posted.

That video is hilarious.

I actually appreciate this. I like the narrative that both GSP and Phil Nurse are so calculated and sophisticated that they knew this incremental amount of Vaseline applied to a very specific part of GSP's body would entirely negate any of Penn's defenses.

Also that the chemical composition of Vaseline is such that they were in fact anticipating Penn's corners decision to demand GSP be wiped down knowing the vaseline compound would still be intact.

High level subterfuge. And irrefutable really when combined with the consumption of crack cocaine.

51JGYGT6YKL._SX425_.jpg

That video is hilarious.

I actually appreciate this. I like the narrative that both GSP and Phil Nurse are so calculated and sophisticated that they knew this incremental amount of Vaseline applied to a very specific part of GSP's body would entirely negate any of Penn's defenses.

Also that the chemical composition of Vaseline is such that they were in fact anticipating Penn's corners decision to demand GSP be wiped down knowing the vaseline compound would still be intact.

High level subterfuge. And irrefutable really when combined with the consumption of crack cocaine.

51JGYGT6YKL._SX425_.jpg

Is it OK if I believe fighters' and expert's testimony over your fanboy opinion?

Thanks.

I didn't see ONE GSP fanboy asking for a Izzy vs GSP fight. Pussies.

You should ask for a GSP vs Izzy fight. Now Izzy is Anderson Silva Lite, a water downed version of the GOAT, but even that version of Anderson will destroy GSP.
GO ahead GSP fanboys, beg GSP to ask for that fight. If GSP asks for Izzy, dana will grant him, cause ufc is dying and desperate for big fights.
Lets see GSP get obliterated by an Anderson copy.
You realize GSP is close to 40 and has fought 1x in 5 years right.

<{gspressed}>

1) Andy lost to the no risk factor guy.
2)Andy loves calling out smaller fighters. GSP and McGregor were both targets.
3)his history is correct. Andy moisturized really well for his dates with grapplers.

1. Andy was past his prime. Andy KOd Bisping. Saved by some freak situation.
2. GSP always fought small cans. Andy fought the LHW champions.
3. GSP greased

Doubt GSP would have mopped the floor with Silva for 5 rounds without getting KO'd first. Anderson's TD defense improved later in his career. Plus he would've had size and leverage to his advantage.

Sure GSP could take him down eventually, but he wouldn't have finished Anderson for 2 reasons: He was not a finisher and Anderson was pretty hard to finish on the ground.

GSP getting dropped Serra/Condit style was simply the more likely scenario. GSP knew this, thus he never challenged Anderson.

That’s what I hope would have happened but GSP would have been in ULTRA-conservative mode had he ever sacked up.

1. Andy was past his prime. Andy KOd Bisping. Saved by some freak situation.
2. GSP always fought small cans. Andy fought the LHW champions.
3. GSP greased
1) so Andy won until he didn’t?
2) Andy fought 2 mediocre lhw & a xanaxed Forrest.
3)
vdzn2w.gif

200.gif

That’s what I hope would have happened but GSP would have been in ULTRA-conservative mode had he ever sacked up.

Depends upon whether they fought at 170 or 185. At 170 Anderson would have been cautious because of takedowns, at 185 GSP would have been cautious because of punches. Neither wanted to change weight for the other guy, both wanted the fight to be at their weight. Which is actually standard business practice (and fighters getting several million a fight are definitely businesses) -- you want your competition to play under circumstances that favor you. I don't understand why its so hard for fight fans to understand basic business practices -- you don't give your competition an advantage unless you're financially compensated for doing it.

Either GSP or Anderson would have to have been financial morons to agree to change weight without the UFC promising them a multi-million dollar bonus for changing weight. The UFC of course thinks all fighters are idiots,and refused to do it, so no fight happened.

Is it OK if I believe fighters' and expert's testimony over your fanboy opinion?

Thanks.

LOL Testimony? did you forget about the court case too?

You're pissing up a rope.

You should ask for a GSP vs Izzy fight. Now Izzy is Anderson Silva Lite, a water downed version of the GOAT, but even that version of Anderson will destroy GSP.
GO ahead GSP fanboys, beg GSP to ask for that fight. If GSP asks for Izzy, dana will grant him, cause ufc is dying and desperate for big fights.
Lets see GSP get obliterated by an Anderson copy.
Man this post makes you look so dumb. Izzy has far better TDD than anderson and makes scrambles to get up. Anderson alot of the time seemed to be ok working from the bottom .. Im not saying gsp would beat silva but its a different fight than the izzy fight and to pretend like you know the outcome discredits everything you say. Even if the fight happened ans you got it right

When the smaller man is an uber-athlete with the best offensive wrestling in MMA history (or close), the idea that he could beat the champion the next division up is never an absurd idea, even if you might not bet on it at even odds.

However, if the bigger man is *also* the superior technical wrestler, than the odds decrease with extreme speed (see Jones/Silva).

GSP would have a much better shot at beating Anderson than Anderson would Jones, everyone at their peak performance. And it's primarily because of wrestling differences.

Back