To all the casuals who think GSP could ever beat GOAT Anderson

You should ask for a GSP vs Izzy fight. Now Izzy is Anderson Silva Lite, a water downed version of the GOAT, but even that version of Anderson will destroy GSP.
GO ahead GSP fanboys, beg GSP to ask for that fight. If GSP asks for Izzy, dana will grant him, cause ufc is dying and desperate for big fights.
Lets see GSP get obliterated by an Anderson copy.

Well Sonnen almost beat Silva and GSP out wrestled Sonnen so do the math.

Both Izzy and Anderson would put GSP over their lap and spank him.
LOL no one is spanking GSP, GSP isnt considered one of the greatest for nothing. Stop posting dumb shit

I shouldn't even reply, because you are emotional and resort to personal attacks, but let me test your general cognitive abilities. How did Mayweather versus McGregor start?

With the UFC's approval...

But if your insinuating that GSP ducked Andy because he didnt persue the bout and use his pull as leverage than i agree he didnt.

But either did Andy who was taking useless bouts in LHW againsy LHW bums in Bonnar while GSP was defending his title.

We would also have to hold Andy to the same standard and hold him accountable for ducking Jones while in his prime. There was a stronger case for Andy vs Jones, in the same article you posted it shows the UFC was equally interested in that super bout as well as the GSP vs Andy, not only that but Andy was taking fights at LHW, had cleaned out his division, and was calling for a super bout.

Luckily you dont have to deal with fans calling Andy a duck, because GSP fans are consistent and believe a champion cannot duck someone outside their division, its only Andy fans who hold their hero to a double standard.

Yeah he also lost 2 fights in a decade. But Shit that is easy..

What does that have to do with my point?

I'm saying Silva has 25 minutes to finish a smaller opponent because GSP wouldn't finish him ...

LOL no one is spanking GSP, GSP isnt considered one of the greatest for nothing. Stop posting dumb shit

Well consider the other guy that is in this equation is also considered one of the greatest. Perhaps you should stop posting dumb shit and acting like GSP is the only one in the goat talk. Not only that he's the bigger man so yah, in addition to being incredibly skilled...Andy very likely puts him over his lap and spanks him. But

Vaseline also transfers really easily, GSP could not have been greased and BJ Penn dry, its just not how it works.

Usually a guy with a gameplan that revolves around taking an opponent down and controlling them isnt the guy greasing, its counter productive, seeing as the opponent is harder to grab and hold onto.

Also we have to point out that corner men are not supposed to be applying vaseline, only cut men that are assigned by the athletic commission (ie. Stich Duran). For that bout, they were told last minute that there is no cut men and were handed a jar of vaseline by the commission.

Now maybe there was ill intention when Phil Nurse took responsibility for vaseline, but i dont see how we can accuse GSP of orchestrating the commissions not providing a cut men, and then demanding Phil Nurse apply it.

GSP spent months gameplanning, and training to implement it, the way he broke Penn Down ( Pressure the TD, build up the lactic acid in the Penn's shoulders, then strike with a guy with dead shoulders, then shoot for easy TD's) had nothing to do with vaseline.

Maybe the vaseline had helped in reference to Penns rubber guard, but it aided
Him far more areas, he was just not good enough to capitalize on it, and i dont see how anyone could accuse GSP of intentionally cheating, at the very best it was decision done by his cornermen.

I love gsp one of his old fans but this reasoning alone is precisely the reason why I cant consider “THE GOAT” because he always gamed the system and looked for an edge; he never went into a fight knowing he was the UD

He was the UD against Bisping though.

And he was the UD in plenty of his pre title fights.

Your view is revisionist bullshit, GSP was out for 4 years, suffered another ACL tare during that time. Came back and moved up a weight class to fight for the belt.

Post USADA Bisping was a legite top 5 MW no matter how you spin it. He had one of the most impressive win streaks at MW ( Anderson Silva/Luke Rockhold at the height of his career/Dan Henderson) in his last 3, and was undefeated since USADA was introduced.

Name me another GOAT candidate who challenged himself to that extent??

When Andy returned from a fractured bone(less severe than a ligament tare) he fought a retired WW who had to come up to MW and was a stylistic dream opponent for AS in Nick Diaz.

After Andy was caught doping with several steroids for that bout, he came back and fought Bisping, the same guy you accuse GSP of picking because he was an easy opponent. And thats your GOAT?..

Or is it Jones who still has never moved up and never takes fights where hes the UD??

Or is it Fedor and his long list of bouts where he comes in as the UD ???

Not really sure what the premise of your argument is and to whose standard your holding him to??

GSP is way past his prime at the moment. I still think him against Israel would be a good fight. Make that fight at 170 and GSP destroys him.

Likewise, Prime GSP v Prime Anderson at 185 is a great match-up. At 170 GSP has little trouble.

GSP desperatelly goes for a TD in both occasions. Gets stuffed 3 times. Then gets KOd stiff. 3 minutes into round 1. GSP didn't want to fight Anderson 10 years ago, but there is still time to fight Izzy.

Anderson had the option of going to 170, where GSP would have fought him. I think GSP and Anderson (and Jones) were great fighters, but none of them were willing to change weight to fight a dominant champ. To a certain extent I think Anderson was trolling people when he asked GSP to fight him at 185 -- calling out someone and telling him to fight at your weight is pretty silly. GSP could similarly have called out Anderson to fight at 170, but wasn't into trolling the public the way Anderson was.

Basically both knew that if they fought at 170 then GSP would have won, if they fought at 185 Anderson would have won, and catchweight was only mentioned once, because making it a non-title fight would have meant huge loss of sales to casuals (and both GSP and Anderson got excellent PPV shares).

If you can duck someone not in your weight division, then GSP ducked Anderson at 185, Anderson ducked GSP at 170. But that's a pretty silly definition of duck unless you're advocating getting rid of weight divisions. Which actually I'd like -- none of the combat sports initially had weight divisions, they were only added for marketing reasons. If contact sports like football and hockey, and size related sports like basketball can exist without size divisions then there's no reason combat sports can't either.

ANderson could have never made weight for 170. He dominated the LHW division too. Anderson was more than fair having offered 178. GSP declined.

Ah yes, another thread with the exact same excuses and accusations as the hundreds of other GSP vs Silva threads.

The guy whose fought at 167(shooto champ) but fight GSP at 170 isn't ducking the guy, but the guy whose stated multiple times hed have to take the time to properly bulk to 185 was.(and in doing so not able to defend the 170 belt and then would've been accused of ducking that next contender) makes complete sense.

Then again these are the same people accusing GSP of running from 170 to fight Khabib to become a triple champ, but absolutely love the fact Silva whose fought at LHW was begging to fight Conor a 155er at 170. LOOOOOOOL. Amazing how Silva can now make 170.

Don't @ me, because I already know what you're going to say, I've answered it in the plenty of other threads on this topic as the same statements are said everytime. I'm done talking to biased brick walls and not going to reply.

Last edited:
Well consider the other guy that is in this equation is also considered one of the greatest. Perhaps you should stop posting dumb shit and acting like GSP is the only one in the goat talk. Not only that he's the bigger man so yah, in addition to being incredibly skilled...Andy very likely puts him over his lap and spanks him. But
Well sure Anderson is a champion too, but to have such superior skills that hes going to put him over his lap and spank him?...LOL No Just stupid talk

GSP outrassled sonnen in some fantasy sparing session.

At least Sonnen admitted it and then grapple fucked Silva for almost 5 rounds and doesn't have the sub defense of GSP.

What does that have to do with my point?

I'm saying Silva has 25 minutes to finish a smaller opponent because GSP wouldn't finish him ...

Your point was to attempt to diminish GSP and his accomplishments. That was obvious. Same as all GSP haters

"Oh he can't finish anybody" Yeah and almost nobody could beat him either. And when they did he got the win back.. GSP is not even a large WW.. I never saw Silva racing up to face Jones..

Last edited:
Yes, accepting a title shot vs. one of the weakest MW champions ever.

That's stupid. If your main competition at work retired or moved to another company and a promotion was available would you say "no, the competition isn't tough enough" or would you be like "sweet I'll take a promotion"?

That's stupid. If your main competition at work retired or moved to another company and a promotion was available would you say "no, the competition isn't tough enough" or would you be like "sweet I'll take a promotion"?

If I ducked my main competitor for years and then challenged a far less competitive guy, and then after I got the promotion I ran a way from any other challenge...

Well yeah, that does not look good does it?

ANderson could have never made weight for 170. He dominated the LHW division too. Anderson was more than fair having offered 178. GSP declined.

Anderson had fought at 170 for years. However I tend to agree -- basically Anderson was bigger than GSP (which is why GSP could make 170 easily and Anderson couldn't make it at all).

The way to make the fight fair would be to have a weigh-in at fight time (Olympic sports like judo and now wrestling do exactly this). With 24 hours to rehydrate Anderson would be 15 pounds heavier than GSP in the cage whether the weigh-in was at 178 or 185; both GSP and Anderson knew this. That was why GSP said he'd need a year to put on enough lean mass to be the same cage weight as Anderson.

But the UFC is against same day weigh-ins because it loses a big marketing element (the weigh-in). Again, it comes down to money. The fight would have happened if they had same day weigh-ins (ie same cage weight), but that was never going to happen. It would have happened at 185 (no one really wanted 178 because they'd lose too many casual PPV's if it wasn't a title fight) if the UFC had offered GSP an extra $5 million to give Anderson an in-cage weight advantage. The UFC was too cheap to do that, because it was used to fighters being stupid businessmen who think its normal to give your competition a free advantage (no successful business does this, and fighters making millions of dollars are first and foremost businesses).

If I ducked my main competitor for years and then challenged a far less competitive guy, and then after I got the promotion I ran a way from any other challenge...

Well yeah, that does not look good does it?

If you refused to give your competition an advantage (in this case by going to his weight division) and your competition refused to give you an advantage (ie by going to your weight division) then you'd be normal successful businessmen. Seriously, GSP and Anderson's careers were worth millions of dollars, of course they're not going to throw that away by giving their the opponent the advantage of home weight division without extra financial compensation from the UFC.

Both Anderson and GSP understood that basic business principle. Its weird that so many fans don't.

If you refused to give your competition an advantage (in this case by going to his weight division) and your competition refused to give you an advantage (ie by going to your weight division) then you'd be normal successful businessmen. Seriously, GSP and Anderson's careers were worth millions of dollars, of course they're not going to throw that away by giving their the opponent the advantage of home weight division without extra financial compensation from the UFC.

Both Anderson and GSP understood that basic business principle. Its weird that so many fans don't.

But he was OK with Bisping having an advantage, wasn't he?

Back