*TJ was 124.6, far from the weight limit. That means he didn't suffered too much to make weight*

Why the hell would you drop to that weight for a title fight with a guy who has never defended the belt? These matchups make no sense.

Henry could probs get down to 115 if he had a normal sized head

Yes, I think I mistakingly god rid of Fightpass assuming there were no new fights but it seems that the PPV early prelims will still be on FP (which is cool bc I’ll get FP again was having a hard time justifying paying for it with no new fights but with fights + EBI/Polaris/CBJJ/Quintet I think its worth the $10 a month).

But yes, lol, I did get ESPN+. I’ve been using it the past few nights to watch basically every match from the Australian Open. Plus you can transition from the main ESPN (espn2) channels to ESPNU, ESPN3 etcetc really quickly. I think its a pretty awesome streaming app.
I might sound cheap, but I'm just not ready to bite the bullet yet. I'm so confused about ESPN+ right now though. I'm seeing that they are going back and forth between the app and the actual station between fights. I'd like to hear more feedback from the sherbros before I make my decision.

025_dillashaw.jpg

Source (worth checking out): http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/st...makes-biggest-weight-cut-career?sf206234324=1

But I thought he wouldn't be able to make the weight like I've heard so often in threads.

So he would have a good recovery and weight gain prior to the fight. Not good news for Henry Cejudo.
TJ is a pro, he has a legit nutritionist and people around him

I'm surprised so many people thought the weight cut was going to be an issue.

Jeez Demetrious Johnson did play duck-duck-Tj.

I saw that he said that he was en route to make the weight by the night before the weigh-in, my guess is that he was very close to the weight when he went to bed and lost a bit more of weight than he tought he would during his sleep. IDK, just a guess.
In my first BJJ comp I signed to fight 10lbs below what I was weighing in, 1 week to the fight. My scale was broken and I couldn't properly track my weight, so I just abruptly cut down eating/drinking to almost nothing in the final days. In the end I was 5lbs under the weight I wanted and fucking tired.

His arms are so skinny, they look like they are going to break at any moment. Definitely not good move for TJ, he needs to go back up.

I don't understand at all why he is chasing this fight. Ok, I got that he wanted to beat MM who was on a huge win streak but Cejudo? Why? It's stupid.

Hello MONEY!!!!!

And 3 belt attempt.

But I thought he wouldn't be able to make the weight like I've heard so often in threads.

Actually no. Most said he probably could make the weight, but it would be a very bad idea and his ability to perform to his full potential on fight night will be greatly reduced.

Really? You don't understanf?

Well lemme take a wild guess. He wants to become a champ-champ.

But that's just a super wild guess.

So you don't understand why a fighter would want to do a champion vs. champion fight? And why he would want to have two belts? And why he would want to get a higher payday for doing so? Seems self-explanatory.

Being a champ champ is not so special anymore, there are so many of them.

And I'm not so impressed with a bigger guy coming down to take the belt. All champ-champ went up (Conor, DC and Nunes) so this is nothing special. If TJ went up and beat up Max that would be something special.

And he is fighting a champ who didn't even defend his belt. Not even once. In a shit division like FLW. Yeah, TJ will get two belts but nobody will care about it.

His arms are so skinny, they look like they are going to break at any moment. Definitely not good move for TJ, he needs to go back up.

I don't understand at all why he is chasing this fight. Ok, I got that he wanted to beat MM who was on a huge win streak but Cejudo? Why? It's stupid.

Because he wants 2 belts and knows Holloway would fuck him up

Big shout out to TJ for having the balls to call out and cut weight to fight a smaller guy

Far from the weigh limit? The championship weight limit for flyweight is 125 pounds flat, no extra pound allowance. He was .4 pounds under, that's not "far under".

.4 is a lot in this context

I might sound cheap, but I'm just not ready to bite the bullet yet. I'm so confused about ESPN+ right now though. I'm seeing that they are going back and forth between the app and the actual station between fights. I'd like to hear more feedback from the sherbros before I make my decision.

Nah i hear ya, but its $5 a month, the early prelims are on ESPN+ (instead of Fight pass), the reg prelims are on ESPN (I think this MAY only happen for this event since its their first one, I don’t think its for every espn+ event), then the main card is on ESPN+.

For $5 a month you’ll get tons of UFC fights, the Contender series will be on ESPN+ instead of FP now, plus you get literally TONS of other sports content. Like I have access to basically every Aussie Open tennis match on the app itself, No need to find a stream or read a pbp, its all here on the app. And Via the app, I can seamlessly transition from ESPN+ to ESPN back to ESPN+ all with the push of a button.

Being a champ champ is not so special anymore, there are so many of them.

And I'm not so impressed with a bigger guy coming down to take the belt. All champ-champ went up (Conor, DC and Nunes) so this is nothing special. If TJ went up and beat up Max that would be something special.

And he is fighting a champ who didn't even defend his belt. Not even once. In a shit division like FLW. Yeah, TJ will get two belts but nobody will care about it.
You make the common mistake of drawing the conclusion that "I don't care" therefore "no one cares." I hate to break it to you, but people care much more about this fight than they would have about a fight between TJ and Assuncao or Moraes. TJ and Cejudo have been all over mainstream media. It's safe to say that TJ and Assuncao wouldn't have been as ubiquitous, and they certainly wouldn't have headlined the first ESPN card.

Again, just because you think something doesn't mean everyone thinks the same thing.

Man, guys making tough cuts account for every ounce, let alone a tenth of a pound. If it was a hellish cut he would've been 125 on the dot.

TS actually has a point

No he doesn't. You're talking about 200 grams. It's the difference between being sweaty and being dry, or having a half a piss.

Back