*TJ was 124.6, far from the weight limit. That means he didn't suffered too much to make weight*

Tj looked pretty decent at weigh-ins I thought. Cejudo should be worried
You’re crazy
tj-dillashaw-ufc-on-espn-plus-1-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Looked super gaunt , reminded me of
DeJlU1p.jpg

Let’s hope he recovers well

I was almost sure he wouldn't make it. Would have bet on it.

But 0.4 pounds is not far from the limit.

How many times we have seen fighters weight in even? Or bringing the towel?

0.4 for 125 lbs seems right to me.

0.4 pounds is 6.4 oz isn't it and a can of coke has 12 oz in doesn't is.
So he was half a can of coke under which as you say really isn't much.

The fuck are you talking about? A can of coke has 12 FLUID ounces which is a measure of volume and not weight. No worries...the Imperial System is a pile of garbage for reasons such as this.

Either way he came in close to half a pound under the max weight, so if he was dying with the weight cut he would likely be much closer to 125. When you're sweating out weight 4/10 of an entire pound is quite a bit and especially so towards the end when you think you're about to die.

But Cejudo weighed in .2 lbs lighter than TJ.

So not good news for TJ then?

The fuck are you talking about? A can of coke has 12 FLUID ounces which is a measure of volume and not weight. No worries...the Imperial System is a pile of garbage for reasons such as this.

Either way he came in close to half a pound under the max weight, so if he was dying with the weight cut he would likely be much closer to 125. When you're sweating out weight 4/10 of an entire pound is quite a bit and especially so towards the end when you think you're about to die.

But how many fluid ounces of beer under weight was he? No one cares about coke.

I don't understand at all why he is chasing this fight. Ok, I got that he wanted to beat MM who was on a huge win streak but Cejudo? Why? It's stupid.
Really? You don't understanf?

Well lemme take a wild guess. He wants to become a champ-champ.

But that's just a super wild guess.

Not necessarily actually.

Sometimes if a fighter is so drained from lack of liquids etc they are a few lbs under.

For an example Oscar De La Hoya when he fought Pacquaio.

Absolutely killed himself to make weight to probably the most severe case I've ever seen yet weighed in 2 lbs under the limit.

Probably because he likely had next to no intake for a number of days before the weigh in.

Dunno if that narrative is really accurate. If you got a big weight cut then WHY would you come in lighter? You ding 125 on the spot then immediately start rehydrating.

Imo from my experience guys coming in at a record low weight usually means they're either over trained or dehydrated.

Very well could turn out not to mean shit in the fight, not sure if cejudo has the pop to make a difference in the early rounds. But if we see a flat performance or an early KO loss we'll know why.

But how many fluid ounces of beer under weight was he? No one cares about coke.
Actually, 12 oz of coke would help you make weight. Possibly too paranoid to weigh in in front of a crowd and your heart would be put to the test, but it would help the cut.

You’re crazy
tj-dillashaw-ufc-on-espn-plus-1-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Looked super gaunt , reminded me of
DeJlU1p.jpg

Let’s hope he recovers well

He didn't even look the worst out of everyone there. Cowboy and Cejudo looked worse IMO.

A bad weight cut has several tell-tale signs and TJ showed none of them.

You people just can’t help yourself on the TJ is so awesome stuff. If TJ posted a picture of his shit you guys would have threads about how amazing it was on the Bristol Scale and how easy it was for him to pass it and how that shows what an athlete he is.

He made 125. Good. Just because they didn’t have to carry him off the scale doesn’t mean it was an easy cut or that he hasn’t lost strength or fast twitch muscle along the way.
He is so awesome tho

His arms are so skinny, they look like they are going to break at any moment. Definitely not good move for TJ, he needs to go back up.

I don't understand at all why he is chasing this fight. Ok, I got that he wanted to beat MM who was on a huge win streak but Cejudo? Why? It's stupid.
So you don't understand why a fighter would want to do a champion vs. champion fight? And why he would want to have two belts? And why he would want to get a higher payday for doing so? Seems self-explanatory.

All for tj but him being .4 under isn’t an indication that his rehydration process will go very well.

Man, guys making tough cuts account for every ounce, let alone a tenth of a pound. If it was a hellish cut he would've been 125 on the dot.

TS actually has a point
nah, depends on the scales. if you are fucking dead and don't want to risk having to try to sweat off a .1 then you get under. I don't know if they are allowed to check on the scale that is used for the actual weigh in either, so you always go safe if you have no energy to cut more.

TJ has been fuckin chomping on gum for the last 3+ days from what I've seen, that means he is HURTING big time from a hydration standpoint, he was even chewing gum at the weigh in

124.6 doesn't mean much.
As it's been mentioned, fighters often cut more for championship fights.
To account for potentially faulty scales (either theirs or the AC's).

I was very surprised that he made that weight cut as easily as he did. Didn't look too healthy at the weigh-ins though. Hopefully it will be his last time making that cut.

he looked awful, good for him that he made the weight though, we get a title fight this weekend.

I'm curious about fight night weight too, pretty sure he's cutting like, 15-20% of his body weight to make this, which can't be healthy at all.

Hoping it leads to him being brutally KO'd because he's one of the biggest douchebags in MMA.

he looked awful, good for him that he made the weight though, we get a title fight this weekend.

I'm curious about fight night weight too, pretty sure he's cutting like, 15-20% of his body weight to make this, which can't be healthy at all.

Hoping it leads to him being brutally KO'd because he's one of the biggest douchebags in MMA.
I just wanna see a good scrap. Do you have your ESPN+ subscription?

I just wanna see a good scrap. Do you have your ESPN+ subscription?

Yes, I think I mistakingly god rid of Fightpass assuming there were no new fights but it seems that the PPV early prelims will still be on FP (which is cool bc I’ll get FP again was having a hard time justifying paying for it with no new fights but with fights + EBI/Polaris/CBJJ/Quintet I think its worth the $10 a month).

But yes, lol, I did get ESPN+. I’ve been using it the past few nights to watch basically every match from the Australian Open. Plus you can transition from the main ESPN (espn2) channels to ESPNU, ESPN3 etcetc really quickly. I think its a pretty awesome streaming app.

Back