Media TJ Dillashaw vs Cory Sandhagen Judges Scorecard

Sandhagen won round one, he landed the cleaner shots and dictated the fight off of his back and rolled through everything Dillashaw tried to do lmao

Round 2 could have been scored a 10-8 for Sandhagen

Sandhagen ate significant GnP in the 1st while you were not watching.

If they added up all 3 judges per round sandhagen would’ve won.., but they don’t

Because that would mean a round where all 3 judges score it the same carries just as much weight as a split round.

Clearly that would be an inferior system.

A better idea would be to ignore split rounds and only count the rounds where they all agree in which case 2-0 TJ. However this is still inferior to the system they do have.

I watched it with the sound off and my music playing, maybe it was the lack of commentary and crowd noise but I scored it TJ 1 ,3 and 5.

Close fight glad TJ won. 2 year layoff and 35 years old. What a warhorse

I understand it was close by the numbers... but am I crazy thinking that Sandhagen did significantly more damage -- or at least landed significantly more "hard" strikes compared to TJ? To me a straight right and a leg kick are not necessarily equal.

I dunno. It was a close fight but it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth when one guy is landing hard 1-2's and the other guy is landing leg strikes. Or when "wrestling" is simply leaning against the cage on your feet.

I guess I'm a damage whore.

I thought Sanhagen won but it was a toss up. I was more disturbed by the Maverick - Barber decision where it was obvious Maverick won the fight.

Well.... Sandhagen snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I have no issue with the decision and I am not a TJ fan.

TJ had huge heart and superior Fight IQ.

Mma judges gonna be mma judges. But this was a close fight

t9C7dUk.jpg

I understand it was close by the numbers... but am I crazy thinking that Sandhagen did significantly more damage -- or at least landed significantly more "hard" strikes compared to TJ? To me a straight right and a leg kick are not necessarily equal.

I dunno. It was a close fight but it always leaves a sour taste in my mouth when one guy is landing hard 1-2's and the other guy is landing leg strikes. Or when "wrestling" is simply leaning against the cage on your feet.

I guess I'm a damage whore.

So Sandhagen's punches only created 1 cut on TJ's face but never hurt him or slowed down his attack while TJ's kicks to Sandhagen's legs turned them into something you find at a meat market, stopped him from throwing kicks and slowed down his movement drastically.

Round 1 and Round 3 were Dillashaw
Round 2 and Round 5 were Sandhagen
Round 4 was a toss up.

Sal D'Amato strikes again, giving round 5 to Dillashaw.
He does this on every single big card. Hate that dude with a passion

So Sandhagen's punches only created 1 cut on TJ's face but never hurt him or slowed down his attack while TJ's kicks to Sandhagen's legs turned them into something you find at a meat market, stopped him from throwing kicks and slowed down his movement drastically.

Sandhagen's strikes didn't hurt or slow down TJ? Did you watch the fight?

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457319

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457321

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330458519

corey-sandhagen-and-tj-dillashaw-trade-punches-in-their-bantamweight-picture-id1330457638

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457603

corey-sandhagen-knees-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-during-picture-id1330455781

Someone want to post the gif or two of TJ getting rocked?

Shouldn’t have been that close, TJ had a claim to every round.

Sandhagen got cute and retreated all fight.
Lol what you scored it 5-0 TJ? Come on bud you're having a laugh, I personally thought 3-2 to Sandhagen, with 2,4 and 5, but can see 3-2 to TJ readily enough if you give him the 5th, 5-0 though, either you don't understanding judging or you're very new to MMA. Round 2 in particuarly there is zero claim in any sense of the word to give the round to TJ and to do so is either stupid or naive.

Sandhagen's strikes didn't hurt or slow down TJ? Did you watch the fight?

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457319

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457321

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330458519

corey-sandhagen-and-tj-dillashaw-trade-punches-in-their-bantamweight-picture-id1330457638

corey-sandhagen-punches-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-the-picture-id1330457603

corey-sandhagen-knees-tj-dillashaw-in-their-bantamweight-fight-during-picture-id1330455781

Someone want to post the gif or two of TJ getting rocked?
what round were those images though? mma is scored by round. He could have landed more damage considerably out of the second round and not land much in the 4th and 5th. He wouldn't win based off just doing considerable gap damage in the second.

Well.... Sandhagen snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. I have no issue with the decision and I am not a TJ fan.

TJ had huge heart and superior Fight IQ.

Agree 100%.

I put $20 on Sandhagen and I was telling my gf he needs to quit running and start backing TJ up. Whenever Corey pushed forward he was pretty effective and it doesn't look like you're running away.

In the 5th I was screaming at him to "fucking do something and win the fight", instead, as you said he snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

It really pissed me off, lol.

Back