Tito: Cyborg would have a easy KO against Rousey

Well duh, she is one weight class over Ronda.
If Holly can KO her, when Cyborg can send her to coma.

I would honestly still bet against Cyborg with Holly Ronda and Meisha at 135.

Now 145 is a different story though. I just think Cyborg is slightly overrated, and could be beat if she went down to 135. At 145 though she has a much better shot at beating all three, but would still lose to at least one or two of them I think.

Cyborg does not need to create distance since she can nullify Ronda's clinch just as easy as Holm. Like I said, push her hips away with her hands and Ronda becomes completely ineffective.

Ronda lacks the head movement or footwork to avoid bombs from a striker the caliber of Cyborg.

Ibragimova had no problem clinching with Cyborg. She couldn't take Cyborg down, but she was able to easily clinch with Cyborg and hold her there and she has no where near the clinch game of Ronda. Gina was successful in the clinch and got a takedown from there against Cyborg as well.

Saying Ronda would lose to Cyborg solely because she lost to Holm is one of the dumbest forms of MMA math. As others have said, Holm and Cyborg are two completely different fighters. Holly isn't reckless, she has great footwork, controls range, is very patient, and uses her boxing to pepper opponents from a distance until she finds an opening. Cyborg is a muay thai brawler who wades into the pocket by throwing bombs. They have two completely different fighting styles. I'm not saying Cyborg couldn't beat Ronda, she certainly could with her power, but to say Ronda obviously loses because she lost to Holm is just stupid.

and what caliber is that?

Several steps above this:

FamiliarGlamorousFulmar-size_restricted.gif

Ibragimova had no problem clinching with Cyborg. She couldn't take Cyborg down, but she was able to easily clinch with Cyborg and hold her there and she has no where near the clinch game of Ronda. Gina was successful in the clinch and got a takedown from there against Cyborg as well.

Saying Ronda would lose to Cyborg solely because she lost to Holm is one of the dumbest forms of MMA math. As others have said, Holm and Cyborg are two completely different fighters. Holly isn't reckless, she has great footwork, controls range, is very patient, and uses her boxing to pepper opponents from a distance until she finds an opening. Cyborg is a muay thai brawler who wades into the pocket by throwing bombs. They have two completely different fighting styles. I'm not saying Cyborg couldn't beat Ronda, she certainly could with her power, but to say Ronda obviously loses because she lost to Holm is just stupid.

I never said she would lose SOLELY because she lost to Holm. I said she would lose because she is a bad striker who can easily be nullified in the clinch by someone who can grapple a little better than Bethe Correia. Anyone who has rolled with a judo fighter will tell you to do the exact same maneuver that Holm used to distance Rousey's hips. Once that happens her entire offense crumbles and she starts chasing in a straight line and falling over he feet trying to throw off balance hooks.

That didn't become obvious at all. What happened in the Holm fight was that a striker with excellent footwork and a lot of expertise at fighting at long range was able to avoid the clinch with Ronda, whose inability to close the distance was comical. It's possible that Cyborg could repeat Holm's feat, but it isn't especially likely given that she doesn't have the same skill set at all.

In fact, I would be very surprised if Cyborg even tried to keep her distance. It's not how she fights.

Like I said, the Holm fight confirmed that keeping distance could be done against Rousey. Then, after the Cyborg/Ibragimova fight, it became dubious again that Cyborg can do that against Rousey given how she had the much less experienced Ibragimova glued to her for a good part of a round.

I never said she would lose SOLELY because she lost to Holm. I said she would lose because she is a bad striker who can easily be nullified in the clinch by someone who can grapple a little better than Bethe Correia. Anyone who has rolled with a judo fighter will tell you to do the exact same maneuver that Holm used to distance Rousey's hips. Once that happens her entire offense crumbles and she starts chasing in a straight line and falling over he feet trying to throw off balance hooks.

Oh you mean like Sara McMann, or Meisha Tate, or Cat Zingano? And again, fighters with lesser clinch games than Ronda have been able to clinch with Cyborg easily.

Oh you mean like Sara McMann, or Meisha Tate, or Cat Zingano? And again, fighters with lesser clinch games than Ronda have been able to clinch with Cyborg easily.

Would be hard to say if Cat could have nullified Ronda's clinch, since she basically sprinted straight into it and tripped over her own feet going for a takedown. Then held her arm straight out until Ronda slowly arm barred it.

Tate has decent technique but no strength or fight IQ.

Sara McMann is too busy getting tapped out by 16 year olds to be considered an effective submission grappler.

Cyborg has been clinched and avoided takedowns. You guys keep trying to argue that once Ronda gets a clinch the fight is essentially over, which is not the case. Cyborg does not need to go out of her way to avoid the clinch as she can easily nullify Ronda inside of it, just like Holm did. Wish I could find the gifs of Holly pushing away Ronda's hips in the clinch but that simple basic defense was never used by any of Ronda's opponents prior and completely nullified Ronda's grappling. If the talent level in WMMA was not so pathetic Ronda would never had been anything but an easily exposed gimmick.

It's not like Holly came in there all pillow fisted, like she has done her entire career. No by the time 193 rolled around, she was blessed with the Left Hand of God.
PFFncrzKmuqf6.gif

When have you ever seen Ronda so rocked, so decimated by a punch that she falls back. she has NEVER fallen back, she's never retreated.

Even then, Holly has been striking Ronda with laser precision to her chin, Ronda has a fucking hard chin.

Look, this was Ronda's last ditch attempt at an armbar, and it was beautiful, if Ronda was not facing Holly Holm, World Champion boxer, strong and fit like a fucking gazelle, and trained in the best anti-arm bar defense by Greg Jackson / Izzy Martinez and the entirety of JW to spar with... anybody else in the world would have been arm barred.
HEMNWfbYQKV2g.gif

Holly even eats an uppercut to gather her strength and move away

As evasive as Holly was, as great w/ her footwork she was, she was still caught in 4 situations that would have turned the tide.

Ronda was actually able to cut Holly off, Holly is trapped, her power side cornered and Ronda is moving in. Holly pulls off an old school duck under dash, and she's gone, Ronda was literally. "WTF is that?"
7YnLENzPiza3S.gif

Would be hard to say if Cat could have nullified Ronda's clinch, since she basically sprinted straight into it and tripped over her own feet going for a takedown. Then held her arm straight out until Ronda slowly arm barred it.

Tate has decent technique but no strength or fight IQ.

Sara McMann is too busy getting tapped out by 16 year olds to be considered an effective submission grappler.

Cyborg has been clinched and avoided takedowns. You guys keep trying to argue that once Ronda gets a clinch the fight is essentially over, which is not the case. Cyborg does not need to go out of her way to avoid the clinch as she can easily nullify Ronda inside of it, just like Holm did. Wish I could find the gifs of Holly pushing away Ronda's hips in the clinch but that simple basic defense was never used by any of Ronda's opponents prior and completely nullified Ronda's grappling. If the talent level in WMMA was not so pathetic Ronda would never had been anything but an easily exposed gimmick.

You said anyone with better grappling than Bethe could nullify Ronda's clinch easily, the fighters I listed all have better grappling than Bethe and it obviously isn't as easy as you try to make it. I never argued that Ronda will immediately takedown Cyborg if she clinches, but you did argue that Cyborg would just push Ronda away and I brought up those examples as they are lesser clinch grapplers who Cyborg couldn't just push away immediately and so easily.

You said anyone with better grappling than Bethe could nullify Ronda's clinch easily, the fighters I listed all have better grappling than Bethe and it obviously isn't as easy as you try to make it. I never argued that Ronda will immediately takedown Cyborg if she clinches, but you did argue that Cyborg would just push Ronda away and I brought up those examples as they are lesser clinch grapplers who Cyborg couldn't just push away.

Pushing away the hips does not break the clinch, it completely negates Ronda from getting her hips in close for throws. Cyborg does not need to break the clinch to completely nullify Rousey, just like Holm did. Ronda cannot take an opponent down without pulling her hips close and going for Jr. High school wrestling level hip tosses and head and arm throws. Ronda is not a good wrestler and cannot shoot so that one simple move completely negates her entire skill set.

Pushing away the hips does not break the clinch, it completely negates Ronda from getting her hips in close for throws. Cyborg does not need to break the clinch to completely nullify Rousey, just like Holm did. Ronda cannot take an opponent down without pulling her hips close and going for Jr. High school wrestling level hip tosses and head and arm throws. Ronda is not a good wrestler and cannot shoot so that one simple move completely negates her entire skill set.

I think you're not giving Holly enough credit and acting like it is so simple to beat Ronda. You think no other fighter/coach/team knows that pushing the hips makes it harder for a judo fighter to throw? Tate tried, but since she wasn't able to break the clinch Ronda was eventually able to throw her. It isn't just the pushing of the hips that lead to Holly winning, it was also her amazing footwork and range.

LOL Son of Werdum just PM'd me to tell me he put me on ignore. Holy shit what a pathetic fucking loser. Kid is all butthurt cause I was intelligently arguing with him and he ran out of stupid shit to say. Who the fuck PMs someone to tell them you put them on ignore? Losers that is who

Then cutting down to 135 shouldn't be an issue.

Who cares what Tito thinks. He just wants some of that Ronda money.

Would Cyborg be allowed to juice up again?

Between the steroids an unwillingness to step up and cut the weight, well probably never know

Cant disagree with this
I still do. Cyborg can always win of course but her competition has been pathetic. Just because Ronda ran into a monster with insane accolades and lost doesn't mean she'll get smashed by cyborg now. That conversation is still relevant despite cyborg's massive size advantage.

People have been saying that for a long time.

Take this Tito and cyborg bullshit to the worldwide mma forum

Back