Time really does heal all wounds. Ronda's reputation is making a comeback:

Always enjoyed her fights.

It wasn't her fault she was years ahead of everyone else, but that does tend to be a trap for long-term success in the fight business. I want to believe if the division was more competitive when she was on top, she'd have gotten her house in order and booted Edmond to find herself a proper coach. Her attitude was shit, of course... but I think that too might've been a product of her, too rapid, success.

Yep, her attitude was shit. Her hype was nauseating. Her camp was comical.

But for me the key thing was that I enjoyed her fights.

Ronda-Rousey-in-Jeans-Shorts--03.jpg

They said her husband was a dog, I didn't know they were being literal.

Yep, her attitude was shit. Her hype was nauseating. Her camp was comical.

But for me the key thing was that I enjoyed her fights.

Her attitude wasn't that bad. She showed respect towards all of her opponents except for the ones she felt personally disrespected her or her family; Holly Holm was the exception, but I feel she was probably influenced by McGregor's ways of hyping a fight with trash talk on that one.

Her attitude wasn't that bad. She showed respect towards all of her opponents except for the ones she felt personally disrespected her or her family; Holly Holm was the exception, but I feel she was probably influenced by McGregor's ways of hyping a fight with trash talk on that one.
Good post, that reputation stems from not shaking hands with Miesha and saying that she won’t make peace with people that disparage her family

I simply recall the manner in which she treated Miesha Tate after beating her in their rematch. Doesn't really matter to me that she felt personally disrespected; she was a sore winner in that bout. Or when she told Bethe "don't cry" after KOing her.

Good post, that reputation stems from not shaking hands with Miesha and saying that she won’t make peace with people that disparage her family
Eh, not really. It stems from her genuinely believing the full extent of her hype, shitting on various people for various reasons, some more valid than others(Floyd, Arianny/DNB, Miesha, Holly, Bethe, Cyborg, etc), and being one of the sorest losers in the history of MMA.

She started acting like some terrible monarch in the months leading up to the Holm fight, like she was so much better than the plebians surrounding her and couldn’t wait to get away from their common filth. Interviews were conducted until someone dared breach a subject she wasn’t in the mood to discuss, and then she was rushed from the room away from the parasites seeking only to quench themselves on the blood of her brief attention and disdain.

Bitch, you were living in your car a few years earlier, you ain’t better than anybody. Getting exposed by Holly and then embarrassed and annihilated by Nunes was exactly what she deserved. No one is above the consequences of the cage.
See, that’s exactly the double standard bullshit I was talking about. TMZ disecting her personally shit. All of her fights exciting, literally every one, and she made the biggest push for WMMA that has ever been seen, surpassing Gina Carano, who is much more loved on the forum.
For two solid years every Rousey comment was filled with that. But I feel it changing. It was exciting when my girl fought, and it seems like more and more people remember that

I simply recall the manner in which she treated Miesha Tate after beating her in their rematch. Doesn't really matter to me that she felt personally disrespected; she was a sore winner in that bout. Or when she told Bethe "don't cry" after KOing her.

I'm not saying whether she was right or wrong, just that it wasn't a representation of her general attitude. I see nothing wrong though, with showing disrespect towards those that have disrespected you first.

She let her self worth depend on her wins and losses. This made her crazy arrogant when she was on top and suicidal when she fell. It was pretty sad to watch. I don't understand how people get pleasure out of it. She's a big wrestling fan, and she's doing well in the WWE. It's not easy to go from no professional wrestling training to the top of the food chain in such a short amount of time. Wrestling fans are very impressed with her. She lived up to the hype, which is rare. I was annoyed by her when she was treating Meisha Tate horribly, but I have no ill will towards her. Best of luck to her in her new career.

Albeit unintentional, you were kind of asking for those images TS Lol.
I know. There is no way to start this thread without asking for those.
Also, lol, I’m not her, I didn’t say I was undefeated after getting kicked in the head. It’s not like I think she’s perfect and white knighting, I’m just saying it’s good to see posts acknowledging the good times

Eh, not really. It stems from her genuinely believing the full extent of her hype, shitting on various people for various reasons, some more valid than others(Floyd, Arianny/DNB, Miesha, Holly, Bethe, Cyborg, etc), and being one of the sorest losers in the history of MMA.
I mean, that’s really not related to fighting, she was only judged by what she said because was famous, lower fighters say way, way worse and nobody cares.
And just to be on topic to your post, I don’t think she was rude to Betche. Betche was going all our mental warfare before Rousey “shit on her”

Yes she is doing very well at a sport that is scripted for her too win

I mean, that’s really not related to fighting, she was only judged by what she said because was famous, lower fighters say way, way worse and nobody cares.
And just to be on topic to your post, I don’t think she was rude to Betche. Betche was going all our mental warfare before Rousey “shit on her”
I'm just explaining where the 'bad attitude' sentiment really comes from.

And like I said, 'some more valid than others'. You don't have to sell me on Ronda though, I've always been a fan, and none of the shortcomings (perceived or otherwise) change that for me.

She’s made me sick for a long time, perhaps since the beginning but that’s another conversation.
It would be Yuge if she came back though. I’d watch it ... even potentially pay for it... for the right matchup. Maybe..... even pull for her to win because she feels like an underdog now.

Back